• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
OK, guys. I just made my last post of the year! I'll be gone now without internet connection until the 9th of January. I leave the RP in the hands of the Co-GM Wymsical now. You may slow down the RP if you like, as I intend not much to happen while I'm gone, except the journey to Poseida Village, and perhaps a bit of what happens there. The main stuff will happen once I'm back. Expect little to no interaction between Silver Tribe and Gold Tribe members for now. Maybe take this time as a chance to get to know each other a bit better.

Poseida Village is in a different part of the Alpha Alliance, and quite a distance away. I don't expect them to get there in one or two posts. It was once a thriving military village, but was destroyed during the initial conquest of the Silver Tribe. That's the rallying point.

OK, see you all on the 9th! Good luck!

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Alright Vegeta. Have a good time in Italy, see ya.

Well, now that I'm in control, I have a little announcement to make.

Due to my inactivity as Silver Tribe member Frost (mainly because the Silver Tribe isn't doing much yet) I have decided to create a second Gold Tribe character. This character won't take up a spot for any of you, since GM characters don't count. I will create the SU for this character, and you'll meet them soon enough. Meanwhile, keep posting everyone, and good job so far!

Side: Gold Tribe

Name: Lucian Tromp

Title: Hoodhide

Pokemon Species: Scrafty

Appearance:
Picture for Reference:
Spoiler:

-Physical Appearance-

Lucian Tromp's physical side is mostly that of the usual ghetto lizard that is a Scrafty. Lucian stands at 3 ft "10" cm, three centimeters above the average, and weighs 66.1 lbs, the casual weight for a Scrafty his age. His mohawk is ever so slightly larger than the average for a Scrafty's hohawk, standing one centimeter higher up. Only those with the greatest observation skills could notice this. Lucian sees his larger mohawk as a sign of greater power and honor, and he is proud of the mohawk he carries upon his head. Being a Fighting type, Lucian keeps in shape, especially considering he is a member of the Gold Tribe. As with most members of the Gold Tribe, who tend to be stronger than others of their kin, Lucian's build is quite muscled. Lucian keeps in shape every day, keeping his muscled trained. His training routine involves sparring with other members of the Gold Tribe (And later, the Forest Pokemon) work outs, running for miles, etcetera. All this makes the Scrafty known as Lucian much stronger and faster than the rest of his kin. (Statistically speaking, this would mean his Attack and Speed stats are upped by twenty)

-Clothing-

While Pokemon do not usually have clothing, a Scrafty's 'pants' are often considered to be a way to keep itself warm, therefore they are classified as clothes. The most notable thing about Lucian Tromp would be his clothes, or 'pants'. Lucian's pants are the usual in stature, baggy, covering his legs, which he is very sensitive about revealing. The one thing notable about them is that they are red, unlike other Scrafty, who have yellow pants. The shade of red very much resembles that of his mohawk, which he carries upon his head. His red pants and hood are what make the young Gold Tribe member unique. His skin itself was already red upon his birth as a Scraggy. Back then, he was a red Scraggy, something never before seen among those of the same kind. Lucian's mother always told him it was because, unlike other babies, he was born asleep. Which somehow meant he was supposed to have different skin. This was, however, only one of his mother's beliefs. In reality, it was because something happened while Lucian was in his egg, apparently the bodily functions got the color of the mohawk and the skin mixed up, so they merged. It is believed that a Scrafty's hood and pants are its skin from when it was a Scraggy, therefore, it would make sense that his skin from before was red.

Another little notable thing that, instead of continuously pulling his pants up, which slows him down, Lucian often ties his pants on with a belt. While not all the time, he often straps this belt on when he is about to fight.

Personality:

-Good and Bad Qualities-

Lucian is the hastiest Scrafty you'll ever meet. He talks so fast that sometimes his entire sentence sounds like one word altogether. He does everything as fast as he can because he always has something else on his mind or something else he needs to do. Because of this he can't stand boredom. In such cases, he has absolutely nothing to do. While this is extremely rare with Lucian Tromp, he still loathes those moment of boredom. All this makes Lucian quite impatient, he can never wait to do anything, he hurries people (and himself) along and he can never think long enough to make a choice. Other things spring to his mind right away. Lucian can never stop, relax, or sit still for very long, he just has to keep moving. This is most likely due to the Gold Tribe's teachings. The Gold Tribe says: "Life is a gift to be taken advantage of carefully." while this was really supposed to say that patience is a virtue, Lucian got the wrong impression from it. He thought it meant that life was a short run and you needed to take advantage of everything you could before it was too late. Lucian can never slow his pace, never rest, never stop moving forwards, and quickly too.

Lucian's also quick tempered, he is quick to set off in anger, but luckily, he is also quick to forgive someone. The slightest insult can cause him to threaten to attack someone, but if the person apologizes, or if days pass, Lucian is quick to forget about it and let it go, because he's always so concerned with the now and the future, he never has time for the past. Another thing, Lucian has an incredible memory. But only for certain cases, in others, he has a terrible memory. In other words, Lucian Tromp only remembers the important things. Old memories are forgotten in the pits of his brain, and nobody ever bothers asking him about them.

-Likes-

Lucian enjoys food and company above all things. He loves being with people who are friendly to him, and is kind of person who can't stand to be alone for too long. A scrafty's nature often makes it so they prefer to be in groups, and Lucian is no exception to this rule. While he does not need someone to be there specifically for him, he still enjoys being around other Pokemon, whether they are passersby or friends. As for food, well, this Scrafty will eat anything put before him. Food can occasionally be the only thing that slows him down. He has no specific favorite dish because he loves them all. Lucian loves eating. Especially things he likes, which is almost everything. Therefore it's not very hard to please Lucian Tromp, but if you really want to show you're friendly, you'll give him some snacks.

-Dislikes-

On one hand, Lucian is easy to please and is quite forgiving, on the other hand he has a short fuse and is quick to set off at the slightest trace of insult. Lucian dislikes disrespect above all things, anybody who disrespects Lucian or anybody he cares about is quick to get a blow to the head, or to at least get threatened. Another thing, his pride. With honor and devotion to the Gold Tribe comes a great pride for himself and the tribe. Anybody to hurt this Scrafty's pride or insult the Gold Tribe is bound to set Lucian off.

History:

-Birth & Childhood-

Lucian was born to a a loving couple in Poseida Village. His father was a Fraxure while his mother was a Scrafty. However, unlike other Scrafty, he was born with red skin. This came as a shocking surprise to Lucian's parents. Lucian's mother, however, was highly religious. She believed very deeply in matters of the mystic. Matters beyond Arceus. She told the young Lucian that he was born this way because he was born asleep, which he coincidentally was. His father, Fraxure, while loving him deeply, did not wish for any more children with a difference, as he put it, like this anymore, so young Lucian was an only child. Despite his clear 'difference', he was loved and raised by his parents as well as any other child. He was also treated the same way by the rest of the village, who eventually got used to seeing their resident red Scraggy. 'Red' even became his nickname. All this friends referred to him as Red.

From a very young age, Lucian dreamed of being in the Gold Tribe. All his friends laughed at him when he mentioned it, but it was indeed his dream. In fact, every night, before going to bed, he practiced reciting the oath of the Gold Tribe, in hopes of someday becoming a part of it.

One day, he got the chance. One day, Lucian came across an man. He was a giant. He was incredibly tall, he had claws, but he was hidden under a cloak so one could not see his face. This mystery man walked up to Lucian, remarking his odd colors. He asked him who he was, and Lucian replied with his name, eagerly. The man asked Lucian if he might go to the market and get some groceries. Lucian agreed, and went off to the market. As he was collecting groceries for the man, a huge Haxorus burst into the store, roaring. A few policemen asked him to calm down, but he just threw them aside. The boy was in a panic. But he remembered the oath he'd practiced every night. One look at all those innocent people, and he rushed towards the Haxorus. He powered up with a Dragon Dance, and then jumped on to the dragon, pounding him. It didn't look convincing, but the Dragon apparently fell to the ground, beat.

A voice called him outside as everyone cheered for him. It was the same Haxorus as the one in the shop. Lucian backed away, afraid, but then the Haxorus revealed that he was the one bearing the cape. And that he had done all this as a test of valor. In reality, he was Auron, second in command of the Gold Tribe, and he had been out looking for worthy recruits. Lucian was stunned. In return for his bravery, Auron granted him free entry into the school for Gold Tribe members when he came of age, absolutely free, no payment required. The Tromp family was absolutely thrilled!

-Teenage Years & Gold Tribe School-

When Lucian turned eleven, he was finally of age to enter the Academy. At first, the young Scraggy wasn't very liked, due to his odd coloring and the fact that he got in for free. Which made others quite jealous to a point. But eventually, the other students warmed up to the red Scraggy. People started calling him the 'oddball' of the school, but this was suppose to be a good thing. Among the Gold Tribe, being unique meant you showed more class than others, which is also why oddballs were generally encouraged to join the tribe. Lucian felt right at home in this place. As he grew, so did his confidence and understanding of honor. It was not simply words, it was a way of living. Of all people, Lucian often looked up to Auron. It was thanks to the great Dragon that he'd gotten this chance, and he was forever grateful. Despite his natural flaws: Being a fast natured kind of Pokemon, Lucian was deeply devoted to the tribe, more than others, you might say. He continued his way of reciting the oath every night, which kind of annoyed his roommate, but he got used to it. Speaking of which, his roommate was a quiet boy who was significantly older (by about seven years) named Allen. A very talented and powerful Quilava. No matter how hard Lucian tried, he could never beat his roommate in a sparring contest of any sort, in fact, his roommate was his best friend, and rival. Friendly rivalry of course, Lucian and Allen enjoyed sparring, racing, and all contests of the sorts. If any kind of official contest came up, the two would be more concerned with beating one another than beating the other contestants. Allen was like a bigger brother to Lucian in some ways, but also rather like a rival in other ways.

At age twenty one, Lucian, now a mature Scrafty, graduated the school. His old rival and brother, Allen Fury, had already graduated years earlier, of course, and now it came time for Lucian, new member of the Gold Tribe, and given the title Hoodhide of the Gold Tribe, to finally recite the oath he'd practiced for so long.

-Gold Tribe & Its Destruction-

It really wasn't long before the Silver Tribe took over. Lucian only spent a year in the Gold Tribe. He didn't manage to experience much before it was destroyed. Despite not being in the Gold Tribe long, Lucian had a great pride for it. Like all other members, the Gold Tribe was precious to him, and all those in it as well. Until one day, Lucian's idol, Auron, decided he would go on a journey to investigate some unknown things far away. They'd recently been discovered. Auron was selecting people to go with him, and Allen happened to be one of them. Lucian really wanted to come too, but his lack of experience made it impossible. After that, he was stationed with a platoon of solders in Gravel City, to protect it from bandits. He had a mentor, by the name of Natalie Andole, but she had ventured with Auron, so he was left to use his skills on his own in the platoon. His temporary teacher was an Accelgor by the name of Zor, who only taught him to be more and more quick. As part of the task force in Gravel City, he was meant to battle any law breaker and send him to prison. Which was exactly what he did. In fact, his criminal capture record was beyond that of any other newbie. Until, that is, Auron's return.

Upon the return of Auron, the Alpha Alliance was attacked, as you all know, by the Ancients. Auron, Allen, Natalie, and everyone who had gone with them had turned evil somehow, and they were leading the Ancients. Lucian was devastated. How could his brothers and sisters do this to the Alliance?! They had become the very evil they'd sworn to protect. Lucian was not going to stand for it. The great nation was more important than himself, or Allen, or Auron, or the Ancients, or anyone! With great valiance and bravery, the Scrafty protected Gravel City. With all his might, he repelled the old Pokemon that were the Ancients. The siege was led by another Gold Tribe member turned bad, she was named Sade Frost. Despite his forgiving nature, he could never forgive Frost for what she'd done that day. All his fighting was useless, and he was eventually cast aside as the ancients and Frost destroyed Gravel City. They'd also killed his temporary master, Zor. In hi dying words, he convinced Lucian to flee, hide. Reluctantly, he did so, and watched his beloved nation be destroyed.

-The Forest Pokemon-

After a few months of hiding, Lucian was eentually found and relentlessly pursued by the Silver Tribe. They tracked him far and wide, into the Wasteland even, when finally, they found him in a rainforest near Poseida Village-or ruins. He was trapped. Lucian had nowhere to go, he was injured, tired, hungry, and he was being pursued non-stop. Finally, when it all seemed like the end, Lucian was saved. A troop of Silver Tribe members were standing over him, one was about to impale him with his spear, when suddenly, a bunch of howling, hooting and roaring came from behind them. Simultaneously, all the Silver Tribe members looked behind them, and there, from nowhere, were a whole bunch of Pokemon! There were Noctowl, Sceptile, all manner of forest Pokemon. And they largely outnumbered the Silver Tribe. Despite the fact that the Silver Tribe was strong, so were these Pokemon, eventually, the caused the villains to flee. Then, Lucian fainted.

When Lucian awoke, he noticed a Bellsprout tending to his wound. As he found out later, these were the Forest Pokemon, wild Pokemon who preferred living here rather than civilization. They had saved Lucian because they hated the Silver Tribe, who apparently had destroyed many of the neighboring forests.
The Forest Pokemon invited Lucian to live with them. they would treat him, and give him safe harbor from the Silver Tribe, and in return, he would keep them safe from bandits and any threats which might endanger the population. Lucian dutifully accepted the offer, feeling he was in debt to the Forest Pokemon. So from then 'till now, the arrangement is kept. Lucian stands as guard at the entrance to the hidden Forest Village every night, ready to ward off any evil like he might have done in Gravel.

Moveset: Dragon Dance, High Jump Kick, Crunch, Chip Away, Retaliate, Dragon Claw

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I love the sound of us slowing down. I may not be as active I can be in the following days, two major exams coming.

I'm looking forward to be battling with Hoodhide!

Wymsical

Years
Thanks, miltankRancher. Looking forward to getting squished by Sword and Shield. xD

Okay, guys, I think I better lay out the plan. Since Supervegeta is gone, I'll make a short post as Zane to set you all off into Poseida. I'll be making short posts as Zane until vegeta is back, egging you all on the right path :) And when my own new character pops in, he can do the same.

Also, I better lay out the terrain. First, you'll be crossing what is basically a plain, but the plain isn't very large, and soon you'll end up in the rainforest. The rainforest isn't that hard to navigate through, so what you'll be worrying about will be what's next: The wastelands. Yes, as you cross the rainforest, it will start getting thinner and thinner. Due to nearby industrialization, the climate has shifted and global warming has created a desert of sorts. Eventually, the rainforest just ends. Further off, you start seeing more and more sands, until you come into a kind of Savanna-type place. The reek of factories is nearby, you'll want to steer clear of those. After that, you encounter what was once Poseida Village: Poseida Ruins. This is your destination, good luck guys!

As for Lucian Tromp, you'll encounter him at some point in the journey. Won't say where. lol. Although if you read my SU you'll probably be able to guess. :)

Edit: Finished my SU. You'll all be meeting Hoodhide soon.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
I will be posting soon enough. When I have the time. For the meantime, I will probably say a temporary goodbye. (though for a few days only) anyone is free to bunny me though.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Well guys, I am BACK!!! I had an awesome vacation, but I am glad that I am back, and will be able to sleep in my own bed tonight. I should get a post up soon, but I am not completely sure as of right now.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Crap. I'm sorry I havn't posted yet guys, I've just been so stressed out turning in projects and what not, and having a hard time adjusting from vacation, so I have not been roleplaying much...

Anyways, I should post relatively soon, I'm feeling quite motivated right now.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, I'm back! I'm really tired now, so I won't post anything just yet, but I'll read over everything that's gone on while I was gone, and then get something up soon. Good to see this still going strong! Good job Wym and the RPers!

Wymsical

Years
Awesome, veg. Now that you're back, I have an announcement to make.

I'm afraid, since you're back, that it's kinda my turn to be inactive. With studies, and various other Real life issues, I'll be held back from RPing drastically. I probably will only be on once or twice every day. Maybe every two days. Plus, I'm gonna start writing a novel, for real, so that will also consume most of my free time. Sorry, guys. :(

Also, I have a few things to say about some people's posts.

@DeepImpact: When Hoodhide attacked, he only targeted Zane, thinking he was the leader. He did not attack anybody else, although he intended to if he won. You might wanna edit your post.

@Stingray: Sorry I mentioned this so late, as I said above, I have been busy, but the Gold Tribe members didn't come with Hoodhide when he returned to the village, they kept on their path. So you really couldn't have found a bookshop. Sorry.

Sorry to be so difficult about your posts, guys, but that's the way it is.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
It's fine, Wym. If necessary, I'll bunny your character the slightest. But it should be alright.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
I'l try to help out as well Whym. So far I ah e been holding back posting to see Frost's reaction, but now I may be a bit more...assertive? I'll leave the real bunting stuff to SV though. Good luck with stuff, and that novel, I'm sure it will be great!

Also, good to have you back as well, hope you enjoyed your vacation!

miltankRancher

Years
Ok, I guess I am back. Too long posts to read. LOL. I will be putting up a post maybe tomorrow night. I still got to read and formulate another post. So, yeah.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
UPDATE: Nakuzami has dropped out, but his character, Calamity, will now become an NPC.

Wymsical

Years
@Silver Rogue: Yeah, sorry about that. I was going to post about Frost too, but like I said, I don't have much time. My next post will be about Frost though.

By the way, for those who haven't noticed, Hoodhide talks very fast, so when he talks, he usually tends to combine two words into one. Like, "Silvertribe" just imagine him saying this really, really fast when I attach two words. Just letting you all know these typos are deliberate. :)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys. Just letting you know I'll be gone for a day or so. Should be back on Sunday. Have fun posting, and once I get back, we can get to the good stuff.

miltankRancher

Years
and we have arrived! SV ninja'd me. Editing my post to cope up with our arrival. can anyone make a list of the Gold Tribe members present?

Sword and Shield
Vigil
Hoodhide
Defender
Calamity
Speculum
TrueStriker

are there more?

Back