• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever named your pet after a Pokémon?

Have you ever named your pet after a Pokémon?

• yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
have you ever named your pet such as a cat or a dog after a Pokémon? what Pokémon did you name your pet if you did?

Note: you may answer "yes" if you plan to get a pet an name it after a Pokémon in the future... please still specify the Pokémon you named

mine, cats named Sylveon & Delcatty

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha no, I haven't but it would be fun to name a dog something ridiculous. Like Bulbasaur. Seriously, that would be quite epic. Or Geodude. I tend to love naming things in general; my mother breeds dogs and I used to name all the puppies strange things before we sold them and their new owners gave them proper names :p Never did any pokémon names though, but I deeply regret now that I didn't call at least one of them Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur, use FETCH!"

Years
I haven't! I was considering naming my cat Pikachu as a kid though, if I remember right, but of course my parents wouldn't have for that. 8D;

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
we would of but my daughter did not like the name "Purrlion" for our new kitten so we named it "Gadalf" cause she is obsessed with the hobbit film.

Sirfetch’d

I haven't actually, but when I was a little kid I would pretend that my cat was Meowth and I would yell at it to use attacks :3

Years
I couldn't actually have any pets growing up, so I couldn't have named them after a Pokemon even if I wanted to (well, we had a nameless fish we had for a few weeks, but that's a different story).

If I do have pets in the future, though, I don't see myself naming them after a Pokemon. I could see myself re-using nicknames I've given to my Pokemon in the past, but I imagine naming a cat Meowth would be like having a Meowth named Cat, and would feel a little odd.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nope. That would be kind of weird haha. Though if there was a Pokemon with a really unique name that matches a certain animal then why not?

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I used to have two hermit crabs as a kid back when there was just gen 1 named Kingler and Cloyster LOL....

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not yet, I'm thinking of calling my ferret "Kojofu" [Mienfoo's Japanese name] instead of "Itachi". So haven't voted yet. I'm like 80% certain I may change its name.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Despite how much I love pokemon, I would never name a pet after a pokemon.

Maybe a child or two, though.

Back