• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
I was thinking of making a new type of nuzlocke with the wonder trade, a 'wonderlocke' if you will :P basically it has the same rules as a nuzlocke, but after you catch your pokemon for that route you immediately wonder trade it and that is the pokemon you get.

Sindrie

Eevee breeder and caretaker
Years
my chain:

Gengar > zigzagoon > dunsparce > zangoose > panpour > hippopotas > Pikachu

Overall meh.

Years
Got a high leveled Gurdurr that instantly evolved into a Conkeldurr, which I instantly tried to trade back to the owner.

They won't accept the trade request though :/ Oh well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
ive done almost a hundred wonder trades, and have gotten a few good pokemon in return, like eevee, bulbasaur and Mr. mime.

does anyone know if there is a trainer I.D. contest in X and Y? cause I got tons of different trainer IDs now

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 5, 2015
I didn't know Wonder Trade existed until I saw this thread, haha. I been doing it for a while now but.. I feel like I am cheating considering you can do it over and over. It can easily fill up your pokedex for you without you needing to go out and catch anything.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Here's what I've gotten out of Wonder Trades so far (I'm completely addicted!)

• Golett l. 18 » Pichu l. 1 » Scatterbug (Canada, Polar Region)
  • Golett l. 20 » Pancham (Japan)
  • Sigilyph l. 20 » Skiddo l. 17 » Pansear l. 4 » Zigzagoon l. 3 » Flabébé l. 13 » Sandile l. 18 » Diglett l. 1 (which I'm keeping because it has a nice nickname and I don't have one)

Most of the Pokemon I've gotten have come from a different OT than the person who sent it to me, so people are definitely just going through huge chains of Wonder Trades, haha. Makes me feel a little bit better about passing on the ones I've gotten.

Last edited:
Years
I have used it a few times. It started with trading away an extra Axew that I caught and I kept on trading a few times till I got an Eevee that was newly bred. This was done shortly after beating the first gym so it was nice to get an Eevee a few hours earlier. I was able to get a Sylveon at Level 12.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I need to start recording my Wonder Trade Chains. I just got a French Bulbasaur....and just traded a Blue Flabebe and got what looks to be a Japanese Fennekin.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
I do get like a whole bunch of weak pokemon such as pidgeys and such. But anything I get that isn't from the USA, I trade away the other =D I think it's pretty cool. And I can use those pokemon from other regions to breed and get a shiny one easier? I caught some Eevee's and put those in the WT. And any extra pokes I already have. But thing is, I infect them all with the pokerus. So whoever gets them must be happy =D I should just nickname them all "has pokerus" so they don't put them up for trade right after.

Years
a threw a bunch of pikachus and haunters with Pokerus into the wonder trade so if you find one, with the trainer named Jesseline thats me, give me thumbs up :)

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
Years
I only did 2:

Sent a Skido to test it in early game. Got a Snorlax :o

Second time I sent a lv 3X Pumpkaboo and got a lv 3 Pidgey

So seems balanced enough for me

Years
Was testing it and sent a lvl 3 pokemon (Can't even remember which one it was) and got a lvl 59 Fearow in return!.....Then wonder traded that and got a lvl 3 Pikachu...woooo -_-

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
Years
Seems like all I get are Pidgey, Pikachu and Fletching. There was one time where by some strange coincidence, I had a Haunter for Haunter trade but that's still the best I've got out of wonder trade so far.

Years
I'm going to do some trade chains were I stop if I get something I deem useless.

I tried one there which really didn't get far, but I think I'll have some fun with this after the E4.

Durant -> Japanese Eevee (which I evolved into Jolteon before trading away) -> Fletchling.

I had another quick go with another Durant and received a Fletchling straight away. Great.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Opinions on wonder trade?

I was just wondering your guys opinions on wonder trade. i personally like it, But i was wondering about you guys.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
It's a cool concept but all you can expect to be traded on there is trash nobody really wants unless someone decides to be really nice and send something that isn't a level 3 Caterpie or Bunnelby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back