• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
erhh since anyone posted here for 5 days, I'm double posting to tell you that I managed to recover the pendrive and with it Uranium. I only lost one day of work, which can be redone quickly. Since I'm happy, I'm revealing the first gym leader of the game, Rachel =D.

Here is a battle screen:

capture002.png

Now we can make that thread active again xD.

EDIT: That bg is not definitive by the way =x.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
erhh since anyone posted here for 5 days, I'm double posting to tell you that I managed to recover the pendrive and with it Uranium. I only lost one day of work, which can be redone quickly. Since I'm happy, I'm revealing the first gym leader of the game, Rachel =D.

Here is a battle screen:

capture002.png

Now we can make that thread active again xD.

EDIT: That bg is not definitive by the way =x.
What type does she use? You should more to distinguish it from the others. it looks like a regular trainer.Maybe give it the look of a gym leader. Anyway I do think this game deserves more attention but keep doing what your doing.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
What type does she use? You should more to distinguish it from the others. it looks like a regular trainer.Maybe give it the look of a gym leader. Anyway I do think this game deserves more attention but keep doing what your doing.

Normal, she is supposed to be a new and young gym leader since her work is to approve trainers to continue their adventure. Agree with you =x.

awsome, evrything is so great

Thanks ^^.

Well everyone, expect an update really soon =p. Erh.. it will be a musical update.

Also, we are open to new members/workers again so if anyone is interested, pm/vm me. Check this post on the new team recruitment thread made by Neo Dragon =p for more information about what I want:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4476303&postcount=3

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
UPDATE:

Well as I promised, a new update =p. That time a musical one, seeing that I've never shown you any game music I'll be showing Uranium's exclusive remixed made by me! Have fun =D. You dont have to download anything to listen them, just click on the links that Windows Media Player will show up (or any other program you use as your pc media player).

Music list:

-Moki Town: click here!

Thats the music for the first town of the game, the one you start in =p.

-Route 01: click here!

This one was the first one I made, probably the simplest remix on the list, I like it though.

-Kevlar Town: click here!

Second town on the game.

-Nowtoch City: click here!

Third city on the game, place of the first gym and also of the first encounter with your rival.

-Wild Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

That one as you can see by the title is the wild battle bgm. That one is my favorite so far ;p, I guess it's the team one as well.

-Trainer Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

That one as you can see by the title is the trainer battle bgm. I like that it, but not totally satisfied with it..

note: To make those, I ONLY used the original ones from the games, I got them at vgmusic.com.

I hope you liked these remixes, now a little contest to get things more exciting here xD.

Contest: Which Music It Came From?:

As you can see by the title, you'll have to guess which original musics I used to make these six remixes! Just post the town/route/place where they appeared and on which game. Who guess more musics correctly gets to see things that won't be show to public anytime soon, like new fakemon, more mids etc..

Just post the original music on the remixes order to participate.

Have fun~

No one is allowed to use these remixes except me!

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
Years
hello. sadly ( for me ) i dont see anything in the sprites that are problems. so i can not really do a review about problems. XD. if someone were to say these were official pokemon i would not know the difference. lucky agent z. there are often more problems in storylines. keep up the good work!

Waudby

I'm glad things are going again. It's looking good. Hopefully more people will be attracted to the thread soon :D

Seems like there's a lack of interest in the game showcase section.. but that's another subject anyway.

Can't wait to see more work from you.

Good Luck.

aquadan

is searching for members
Years
Well i read the first page..
i really cbf reading all 10 and im gonna take your first post has be updated many times :)

in your type charts your missing Ghost type
Also the Grass/steel starter: just cos its Steel Doesnt mean it has to be a dull gray... its looks very boring and needs some colour
also the fire starter and its evo look to diffent, i mean you got a bear dog hybrid which turns in to a cat horse?? wtf??i think you should make the starter more feline :)
also whats the water type ment to me based on its kinda like a blob with horse legs...
sorry if im a bit harsh.... my main point, its the grass starter looks really bad, and only cos of colours, also made add some sort of Grass theme to it, like some leaves, bulbs or a flower, i mean the starter could have a flower then it evo's and it besomes some dead petals and its evo has no flower..:)

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
Everything looks great JV. I'm sorry haven't sprited much, but you may still use any fakemon I made. The only problems are the back- and minisprites.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Comments below on bolds.

i really cbf reading all 10 and im gonna take your first post has be updated many times :) Yes it has

in your type charts your missing Ghost type Thanks for telling me
Also the Grass/steel starter: just cos its Steel Doesnt mean it has to be a dull gray... its looks very boring and needs some colour You just was inconsistent here... The same way Steel doesn't mean to be a dull gray, grass type doesn't mean flowers and plants as a obligatory detail..
also the fire starter and its evo look to diffent, i mean you got a bear dog hybrid which turns in to a cat horse?? wtf??i think you should make the starter more feline :) It isn't a bear dog hybrid o_o, it's more like a cub with monkey ears.. got it though.
also whats the water type ment to me based on its kinda like a blob with horse legs... Blobs are round things with no limbs at all ¬¬. Well it came from my imagination xD.
sorry if im a bit harsh.... my main point, its the grass starter looks really bad, and only cos of colours, also made add some sort of Grass theme to it, like some leaves, bulbs or a flower, i mean the starter could have a flower then it evo's and it besomes some dead petals and its evo has no flower..:)

It's ok man, I appreciate in depht criticize like this, but I wanted an agressive look to the grass starter (for it's evolution) so I think flowers would just ruin it... I like the way the starters are and they are final ;p.

When will the contest end?

Only you entered lol, I'm waiting for at least 5 entries. Cmon people, it's a easy one!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
i really cbf reading all 10 and im gonna take your first post has be updated many times :)

in your type charts your missing Ghost type
Also the Grass/steel starter: just cos its Steel Doesnt mean it has to be a dull gray... its looks very boring and needs some colour
also the fire starter and its evo look to diffent, i mean you got a bear dog hybrid which turns in to a cat horse?? wtf??i think you should make the starter more feline :)
also whats the water type ment to me based on its kinda like a blob with horse legs...

Since I sprited 'em, I'll answer this as well. (and I really do appreciate ths criticism; it's much more interesting than all the bland "ur game rox :) :)" or "when is dis hack gon be released??!?" comments)

For the grass starter line, we're trying to break free from the stereotype that grass-type=visible flowers, fire-type=fire on its body, etc. (Don't say anything about Flager.) You're probably right in that it doesn't scream "grass" to look at it, but... look, it's cute, it's green, it learns grass-type moves (especially Leaf Blade). We're not changing it. Also, wildcat + armor = cool.

The fire starters are big cats, they go cub -> cheetah. Not all Pokemon keep the same colors upon evolving, either; the change is especially drastic for these guys because there's only two stages for the starters.

The water starters are highly stylized hippocampi (horse-mermaid-things) with a bit of Lanturn mixed in. :3 They don't really resemble anything, but... that's okay, right? They look cool. At least I think so.

We're not changing 'em, but it's good to hear what you think.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Here is my little remix, i think its sh... xD And everything looks great, i like new tiles.
http://www.speedyshare.com/256293801.html

It looks like you just put one music oer another... It isn't sounding good =/.

I noticed a lack of interest of you guys and girls on the contest =/, we only have one entry so far and I was expecting a few more at least... If I don't get 5 entries till Sunday, I'll be cancelling it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 10, 2015
I was quite amused by the Ember move sound. It seemed to blow up at the end. Also, I laughed at the way someone was riding a sea pokemon on the pavement. But I do like this game. It looks good and the graphics are done well. I liked the startup scene.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Hey ~JV~, I just wanted to ask, do you need some help w/ Mapping/some ideas for features? I could even help out with some traner spriting.

For examples of my mapping, PM me. If you want to see my trainer sprite(s) (which are completley scratch) then view my website (go to it be going to my website on my profile).

Sorry about not filling the form; I will if I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back