• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Volbeat is pretty fun to use. I usually run Thunder Wave/Tail Glow/Baton Pass/Random non-taunt bait filler move. Thunder Wave -> Tail Glow -> Pass it on. It's by no means a top tier baton passer but it works well if done properly. :3

Ugh I see Gastrodon's everywhere now. :c

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uhh @ former: Deoxys-S could, so Deoxys-D can, Zong, Jirachi, Mew probably, etc. I just use Zong for it :)

Also nothing wrong with mass Gastrodon as long as you have a grass type. :x

Perriechu

Years
Because passing a 2.5 boost is fun with priority though. Anyways can someone find a list of all things that learn Dual Screens and SR and Dual Screens and U-Turn/Voltswitch

Dual Screens and Stealth Rock;
Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mew, Pineco, Forretress, Magcargo, Swinub, Piloswine, Corsola, Celebi, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy, Claydol, Metang, Metagross, Jirachi, Deoxys, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Bronzor, Bronzong, Mamoswine, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Smeargle

Dual Screens and Volt Switch;
Magnemite, Magneton, Mew, Raikou, Forretress, Magnezone, Rotom (All forms), Smeargle

Dual Screens and U-turn;
Mew, Ledyba, Ledian, Natu, Xatu, Celebi, Jirachi, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Manaphy, Woobat, Swoobat, Genesect and Smeargle.

I spent far too long doing that. Here's Serebii's moveset calculator for future use. :) click me etc

@Forever - But Grass-types usually don't have a space on my team. ))):

marcc5m

what
Years
Uhh @ former: Deoxys-S could, so Deoxys-D can, Zong, Jirachi, Mew probably, etc. I just use Zong for it :)

Also nothing wrong with mass Gastrodon as long as you have a grass type. :x

Deoxys-S is banned.

Anyway, speaking of bans, Snover and Abomasnow are now BL. In other words, Snow Warning is now gone in every tier but OU and Ubers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I know, that's why I said "could", and everything else as "can", lol.

For some reason I don't think hail will be used as much, tbh. Because in UU it only had to contend with sand, but in OU it instantly has two other weather types and idk... I always view rain/sand/sun as superior /bias

dragonomega, that's such a sin! I haven't used a team lately without some sort of grass Pokemon, they're so useful :( go fix this rn!!

Perriechu

Years
I know, that's why I said "could", and everything else as "can", lol.

For some reason I don't think hail will be used as much, tbh. Because in UU it only had to contend with sand, but in OU it instantly has two other weather types and idk... I always view rain/sand/sun as superior /bias

dragonomega, that's such a sin! I haven't used a team lately without some sort of grass Pokemon, they're so useful :( go fix this rn!!

;o; I put an SD Virizion into it. It works a bit better, however I haven't seen one Gastrodon... >: Quagsire and Swampert are a bit low as well. All I see are Lati@s, Tyranitar etc

I agree with the 'Hail won't be used' because it probably won't. Abomasnow is pretty much owned by all Weather starters, (Barr Politoed) and Hail doesn't have the best abusers. I really do think that Hail needs a new secondary effect than just minor damage every turn.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

;o; I put an SD Virizion into it. It works a bit better, however I haven't seen one Gastrodon... >: Quagsire and Swampert are a bit low as well. All I see are Lati@s, Tyranitar etc

I agree with the 'Hail won't be used' because it probably won't. Abomasnow is pretty much owned by all Weather starters, (Barr Politoed) and Hail doesn't have the best abusers. I really do think that Hail needs a new secondary effect than just minor damage every turn.

A possible secondary effect of Hail that I've had in mind for some time could be that Ice Pokemon will receive a 1.5x boost to their Defense in Hail. What does anyone think?

Perriechu

Years
A possible secondary effect of Hail that I've had in mind for some time could be that Ice Pokemon will receive a 1.5x boost to their Defense in Hail. What does anyone think?

I think that would be pretty nifty but Ice types aren't the best, defensive-wise. D: I guess a raise in speed, or offensive stats would be the best option?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh wow, just imagine Froslass w/ Snow Cloak in Hail, raising its evasion and its speed, perfect for a revenge killer!

...despite it being used mainly for spikes and stuff. :x

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Speaking of hail, Snow Warning was just banned in UU and below. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes Vrai that is why we were discussing it!

Why else would we randomly discuss the worst weather of all? :3

Perriechu

Years
Well nice to see server is active as usual lolz

Anyways what have I missed over the past few months? I'm around for the holidays =)

Quite a bit, I'd imagine, but I kinda wandered off from competitive battling so I missed a bit too. :x From what I gather, Excadrill, Thundurus & Deoxys-S are banned, along with Hail.

in other news i was asked for sexual favors on our PO server. :xx

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
Years
Deoxys-S is banned.

Anyway, speaking of bans, Snover and Abomasnow are now BL. In other words, Snow Warning is now gone in every tier but OU and Ubers.

I have nothing to say to this. tourneyphaggotry strikes again

Other than I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Quite a bit, I'd imagine, but I kinda wandered off from competitive battling so I missed a bit too. :x From what I gather, Excadrill, Thundurus & Deoxys-S are banned, along with Hail.

in other news i was asked for sexual favors on our PO server. :xx

And Scizor is #1 in usage. AND RAIN WON'T GTFO. /all the necessary facts
(also you should specify, 'cause 3 are banned from OU and the other isn't :x)

Oh... and that "person" "regularly" does that... or at least every month. It's creepy.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I can't see hail being used much anymore either. Abomasnow has too many counters and the fact that almost only ice types get a benefit from it, and ice is a horrible defensive typing. It's like why use hail when you can use sandstorm.

I really do think that Hail needs a new secondary effect than just minor damage every turn.
Hail needs to boost Ice's defence or special defence by 50% to compete with sandstorm imo.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Hail needs to boost Ice's defence or special defence by 50% to compete with sandstorm imo.

hail does activate a few abilities such as Snow Cloak(Raises evasion) and Ice Body (Restores little HP every turn). idk if i'm correct but doesn't hail guarantees Blizzard a strike on every turn?

Perriechu

Years
hail does activate a few abilities such as Snow Cloak(Raises evasion) and Ice Body (Restores little HP every turn). idk if i'm correct but doesn't hail guarantees Blizzard a strike on every turn?

Yeah it does. But other weather abilities work without abilities. Like Sun powers up Fire moves, lowers Water damage and lets you instantly fire off Solarbeam. Rain lets Thunder and Hurricane have 100% accuracy and gives Water moves a rise in power and Fire moves a reduction and then Sand gives Rock-types 50% boosts to their special defense, Rock, Steel & Ground types take nil from the Sandstorm damage and there's the Solarbeam, Thunder & Hurricane accuracy cut that it brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back