• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
It looked like the training session would continue, but Luco had changed that with a swift chop to Hiromu's head, making the boy cringe and groan in pain. "Ooowww! Luco, what was that fo--guk!" A few moments after, crimson spilled from the boy's mouth, a bit of it covering his hands. Blinking a few times, he'd look down at his red-stained hand before smiling sheepishly. "Oh...that's why. Ahehehe..." The Lucario, and even Jellal, the Zoroark couldn't help but shake their heads.

"Ruuu..." "Zaaa..." 'It figures...', they both said in unison.

Hiromu soon rose to his feet once he'd gotten his wind back, letting out a sigh before smiling again. This time, his third partner sprung forth from its Pokeball, a small, but beautiful fox-like Pokemon of gentle blue colors, glittering like ice. A Glaceon! This caught the boy by surprise as he knelt down with a bit of a worried look on his face. "H-hey Haku! How goes--gah!" Immediately, said Glaceon whipped him across the face with its tail, and began going on as though scolding him.

"Laae! Glacee! Lae la glacee!" 'How many times have I told you NOT pull this kind of training so intensely! You can hurt yourself!'

And it wasn't long before it turned its glare to Luco and Jellal, who quickly turned their heads to avoid the icy stare.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
"You weren't bad yourself." Kilik said to me. I blushed a bit and fidgeted with my headband. "Thanks." I brushed back my hair and looked at Star. who was looking at Kilik expectantly. "Just give me a minute." He said to Star. She sighed but nodded. He walked over to the counter and handed Nurse Joy his Pokeballs. He walked back to us and took a deep breath.

"Here's my thought. When we were battling at the battlefield I started thinking. I need to hone my skills, & your Pokemon were pretty good out there. I want you to be my training partner." I thought about it. I need to train my Pokemon as well. He is also a good battler, in my opinion. Star barked at me to bring me back from my thoughts. I sighed and nodded. "Sure. I can train with you." I smiled and Star grinned. She couldn't wait to battle with Mistress! She looked strong.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln took Daniel's offered hand and got to his feet, grinning sheepishly. As relaxed as he seemed he seemed he wasn't used to spending much time with people his own age and was thoroughly enjoying himself. It made a nice change from being on the road with no one but his pops and their pokemon for company.

"Well my pops has been set up with staff quarters, and I've got a room with him I think. But they put me in Raikou dorm as well so I've like, got a room there too. I'll probably stay with my pops tonight and check out my dorm tomorrow. Might be nice to have my own space, y'know?"

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
"Hah... Hah..... Hah..... Yeah that was a good match... First win to a trainer for a looong time...." said Gen. He lifted his head and looked at the raining sky, it just crossed his mind that pokemon can literally cause massive disturbances in the weather, even just a simple Lotad can change a dry land into a land full of water.

Gen shook Jason's hand and left the battlefield as soon as he was done putting Hyper back in his pokeball.

Minccino was amazed as she watched in the comfort of a nearby bush. She knew she was in no danger of being attacked or caught up in the battle, but each attack felt like they could miss their target and hit anything around them.

As soon as he was outside the battlefield, Gen sat down under a tree, he felt tired after a match.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

Alice nodded after hearing Valorie talk about getting some sleep. Although what she learned that day was a cause for insomnia. She doubted that she would be able to find some sleep. How ironic, she was sleepy before meeting up with Valorie and Mark, and now that the sky was dark and it was actually time to go sleep, she was so freaked out that she couldn't.

"Um, okay..." Alice said, her eyes still opened wide as she stared at Jello, "Are we, um, gonna go exploring, I dunno, tomorrow?"

Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy said nothing about the egg, as it hadn't moved since he took it abck from Jazz. But after hearing Rosalyn's last question, sighed and rolled his eyes. He looked at her, looking a bit upset. Rosalyn was right, the Academy was probably the other way. But he didn't want to admit it.

"Humph. You think I don't know that?" he said, "I don't think I said I was going back. And if I did, well, change of plans!"

The kid turned his eyes to look at the front, at all the trees before him. He could see some Caterpies playing, but didn't care about them. He looked upset. "If you wanna come along or not, whatever, you know?" he added.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve

Genevieve giggled taking another chip from the bag eating it "you offered some to Skye" she pointed out smiling at him "hmm, as for what to do. I was thinking of trying to find a Meowth to catch before the day is over so I'll have three Pokemon" she said grinning "I saw a Meowth in the Kanto region, and I've heard you can catch them here" she smiled happily taking Maxwell's hand as she took another chip.

Rosalyn

Rosalyn visibly flinched when Jimmy pretty much snapped at her after she asked a question and she looked down at her feet walking next to him. She had gone silent not saying a word at all. At first Rosalyn let Jimmy's attitude fly right over her head thinking he would warm up to her eventually. So far that didn't seem to be happening and he was starting to really hurt her feelings.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy looked at Rosalyn again before quickly turning to the grassy road before him. He felt odd, and never felt that way in his whole life. He felt some kind of...regret. And a tad of guilt. Why? He didn't know. But maybe it was because of the way he treated Rosalyn. She was nice to him no matter how mean he was, and she stated that she wasn't afraid of him. He closed his eyes as he tried to push that regret and guilt to the back of his mind, as he was clearly against that. For some reason...he also felt that saying he was sorry and talking to ehr about his feeling would make him...weak.

"Humph." he said, "Let's just keep going, okay?"

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn stayed quiet and nodded slightly walking next to him still watching her feet. She should have been used to being treated like that, her big brothers and her parents treated her like that, driving her to run away. But for some reason it hurt her more when Jimmy treated her like that, it was as if the world was trying to tell her she'd never have any friends. Rosalyn sighed sadly glancing at Jimmy before looking back down as she shivered a bit regretting leaving her jacket in her dorm room.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy looked at her and felt even more weird. He still didn't understand what it was, but it was starting to irk him. As he walked deeper in the forest, he saw a Mankey staring at him. As irritated as he was, he looked at it, with anger in his eyes.

"What are ya looking at, eh? Scram!" Jimmy yelled at the Mankey.

The Pokèmon did not like it. It jumped off the tree from which it was hanging and walked up to Jimmy, as if trying to get the boy to apologise. But the boy wouldn't do that.

"What the hell do you want?!" he yelled, "I said scram!"

The Mankey glared at Jimmy and started running around them, looking angry about the way Jimmy was talking to it.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn shivered more in the cool air and flinched as Jimmy yelled. Looking back up from the ground her eyes widened when she saw Jimmy yelling at a wild Mankey before the Mankey looked angry moving around them "J-Jimmy, you never make a Mankey angry. They can be very dangerous if angered" she whispered voice shaking a bit. Rosalyn took a deep breath and very slowly approached the Mankey "i-it's okay, he didn't mean to yell" she said softly before she fell on her butt with a soft cry of pain holding the wrist that the Mankey hit.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Kenshin blinked in surprise when Kilik came up, shook their hands and left. It wasn't every day you'd see someone do that, especially when he's a kid close to their own age.

He looked to Olivia as she paraphrased whatever those words of wisdom could've been and just gave a somewhat confused face at her. It. . . might've made more sense if she had said what the original phrase was. Or it might not have if it was some really hard to comprehend cryptic mumbo jumbo.

"Pika?" The pikachu said as he tilted his head at what Olivia said. Even he was a little confused at what Olivia just said.

". . . So. . . what are. . . you gonna do. . . now that the battle is over?" Kenshin asked.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Now Jimmy got more upset. He called out Smokey and ordered him to use Poison Gas on the crazy Mankey. The Koffing obeyed and the Mankey inhaled some gas that Smokey blew into the air. Then it glowed purple and fell down in pain: it was poisoned.

"Alright, now Psybeam!" Jimmy commanded, "Finish him!"

Then he looked at Rosalyn. She looked like she was in a lot of pain, and she was on the ground. As the Mankey was hit by the Psybeam and fell to the ground, Jimmy walked over to her. He closed his eyes and growled, and did not believe he was actually doing what he did next. He extended his right arm to her, as if trying to help her get back on her feet.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

Kat was starting to think for a moment, perhaps taking too long in her thoughts. Star finally got her attention as she answered to Kilik. "Sure. I can train with you." With a smile too. What a training partner she'll be.

"Alright then. We can start tomorrow after class." Kilik suggested. Nurse Joy called back Kilik that his Pokemon were healed. He walked back to the counter & retrieved his Pokeballs. He walkd back to Kat & release Yaibe & Mistress.

"Why'd you let me out? I was getting ready to go to sleep." Mistress wined. Kilik sighed.

"Because Star wants to play with you guys." He answered. Mistress & Yaibe turned to Star. Yaibe greeted Star with his paw, & Mistress did nothing but yawn. Kilik started thinking for a while. If he was gonna be training with Kat he might as well get to know her. "So, what dorm are you in? What do you think of Halloween?" It didn't seem odd for Kilik to ask these questions. He was just making conversation. He motioned for Kat to sit as he sat himself on a bench.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Daniel pulled Linc' to his feet with a tug, nodding his head a little. It was a shame that Linc' wasn't in the Suicune dorm. They could've had a lot of fun, then. But hey, it's not like they'd ever see each other again.

"Yeah, that sounds fair enough. But what'll we do now, then? It's way too late to go outside and exploring.. and I don't really know where to go." He admitted, lifting a hand to rub the back of his head, smiling sheepishly.

"What do you want to do, Linc'?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Well... so much for visiting the forest. Is it so dangerous that officials couldn't handle the issue? Supernatural powers could be quite a powerful force... obviously. Then Valorie mentioned sleep... sleep... Suddenly mark remembered! The boat! The prank of the century! He had to get that started! He wondered what might have happened to Leena but the ghosts knew they were going to take part of the biggest prank of the year! Take Gary's boat and fy it across the island to the docks on the other side... Snype wanted to do it so much! Even if they were gonna end up in trouble... it would be worth it. Assuming they were caught doing it.

"Sleep... yeah... I guess we should... but I still have business to finish up! Pretty big stuff to do!" Mark said, laughing a tad nervously. He still had time to prepare... but he wanted to be sure to get everyone before they went to sleep.

"We could do some exploring tomorrow after classes perhaps... depends on my schedule... but I would like to hang out with you both. I bet a little adventure would be fun after all!" Mark said with a bright smile. Snype tugged onto Mark's robe eagerly.

"Oh... um... well girls I have to go... Halloween stuff I gotta finish. I'll uh... see you all later!" Mark said as he quickly ran off to the docks.

"Watch the skies! Your in for a good show tonight!" Mark yelled out to them, giving them a hint of what the ghosts planned to do. This was going to be fantastic...

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Byron MacTavish

Austin gave a shrug, "Just a couple weeks or so. Not quite a month yet. Why? Are you new here?"

A few weeks? By the way he was talking to Byron before, you could have sworn he had been at the academy for years. Nevertheless, Byron answered his question.

"Um… I am… new here. I just got here a few… uh… hours ago."

Byron couldn't speak normally, he was just to shy. Though his voice started to get louder, it was still in a quiet tone that made it hard for people to hear him. Byron wished his fear of talking with others would soon go away, but it didn't seem likely it would. He had been like this since he could talk.

Byron stood up and shook Austin's hand.

"Nice to meet you Austin," he said as he smiled at the fact that he finished a whole sentence.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
A few hours ago? To Austin it seemed like a late hour to be sending kids into the Academy, he was actually somewhat surprised that they were still admitting people. Then again, it wasn't like he got in at the beginning of the year. Maybe they were excited to get more people in the Suicune Dorm. He hadn't seen any new kids in the Raikou Dorm that he could remember. Either they were running low, or top notch students had a little more spots.

Austin shook Bryon's hand, wondering for a moment what kind of pokemon he had. It was always automatic that he imagined the best students to have the best pokemon. Like dragon-types or something rare no one's ever heard of. One of those cool and fancy pokemon that put people in awe. Top trainers are supposed to be cool, right? And cool people had cool pokemon. Austin couldn't say for sure that that myth was true, looking at Byron. He seemed like one of those people that couldn't quite grasp the concept of cool. Smart, but lacking that balance of smart and awesome.

"Have you toured around the school yet? Met anybody?" He paused. "Other than me of course." From the way he was sitting, Austin could guess that Byron hadn't taken a tour, and by the way he was stuttering, hadn't met anyone else. It almost made him wonder what he'd been doing for the last couple hours. He never understood people that could just sit around for a long period of time. He could have been getting situated, but that was a boring task that could have been put off until tomorrow. That was fine, though, get the boring out of the way to make more room for fun. Then again, this kid could have been a complete liar and really been up to no good, placing pranks and causing mischief. The thought seemed unlikely, but what a blast that would have been!

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
This should be fun. Having a training partner! I never actually trained with anyone else...

Alright then. We can start tomorrow after class." Kilik suggested. I nodded. Nurse Joy called Kilik over presumably to tell him that his Pokemon were healed. He walked to her, and as he did I smiled even larger. Oh I can't wait to start! As he walked back to us, I wiped the smile from my face.

He released Yaibe & Mistress. Star walked over to them and said 'Hi! I'm Star.' Yaibe greeted Star with his paw, and Mistress did nothing but yawn. Star nodded to Yaibe and turned to Mistress. 'Are you tired? You can take a nap if you want to.' She smiled at her, then turned to Yaibe. 'You were very strong out there. Does your owner train you guys a lot?'

"So, what dorm are you in? What do you think of Halloween?" He motioned for me to sit on the bench as he did. I sat down and thought for a second. "Well, I am in the Suicune Dorm. I don't think much of Halloween. Star and Psy likes it, so I just go along. What about you?"

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Byron MacTavish

"Have you toured around the school yet? Met anybody?" Austin asked before pausing. "Other than me of course."

"Well, I've met the… two other new students who got her and another boy by the name of…" Byron said before stopping because of a feeling he was getting from his waist.

Byron peered down to see Combusken's Pokeball shaking. Byron took it off of his belt and held it in his hand. Suddenly, the ball opened and Combusken landed on the ground between Austin and Byron.

"Combusken!" the young fowl Pokemon spoke.

Combusken seemed wide awake now. He seemed ready for anything which was the real Combusken Byron knew and loved.

"Austin… this is… uh… Combusken," Byron introduced his Pokemon.

Combusken, true to fashion, shook Austin's hand. Byron and Combusken were only alike in the ways of determination. But when it came to socializing, the two were like night and day.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Byron had begun to tell Austin about two people he had met, but then he stopped. Austin followed Byron's eyes to his hip at his shaking pokeball and then in a moment his pokemon forced his way out. As the red beam appeared, Austin remembered earlier complaining about this sort of thing to himself. Pokemon just popping out of pokeballs! Chatot did it to him earlier. Once again, he started thinking of advertisements for The Effective Pokeball. As the red light disappeared, Byron's pokemon appeared.

Austin gawked at it for a moment. It called out the way pokemon do. It said "Combusken!" or "Combuskaiyn!" as it actually sounded to him. What did he say? Rare pokemon no one has ever seen before. Austin had no idea what this thing was. He could only assume it was a "Combuskaiyn" from the way it shouted. He eyed it, wondering where in the world something like this could have come from. It was out of this world! Mime Jr. did too, a pokemon he momentarily forgot about once seeing this bird creature. It stretched its arm out to him in a handshake like fashion. Austin took its hand (wing? claws? He wasn't even sure) and shook it slowly, the way someone would if they had to shake hands with something truly shocking, yet amazing.

Mime Jr. was surprised too much to imitate. He hadn't seen one of these combustible chickens before. He put both his hands on the side of his head and made an exclamation of his own name as pokemon generally did. He put his hands on his mouth and then, taking them away, he did it again. "Mime!" Junior's little yells brought Austin slowly back to reality. He didn't even realize he'd still been shaking this things hand-claw-wings until now. Realizing his lingering hand, he pulled it away with a touch of embarrassment.

Now he looked like an idiot, but how could he really hide it? He was dumbfounded by this thing. "Wh-What is that again?" He asked, hardly taking his eyes away from the yellow and orange phenomena. "A Combusk-what? Where did you get this?"

Honestly, this was a cool looking pokemon. He couldn't say he had a pokemon that looked quite like this. In fact, he didn't. The closest thing he had was Chatot and that bird didn't look like he could take down five armed men by himself.

Back