• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you touch Pokemon on the screen?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I mean you find them so cute that you rub your finger on their characters on the screen? I find some Pokemon like Skitty and Pikachu so cute I sometimes cannot resist touching them on the screen!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
No. Rubbing the screen will make my screen dirtier than it already is, so I won't.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
*gasp*

That makes the screen dirty! You monster!

~Moonmover

Even I know better than that.

~BLOODMEAT

Years
That has never even crossed my mind lol, so I don't do it. I'd much rather hold onto a cute Pokemon plush while watching :3

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
I mean you find them so cute that you rub your finger on their characters on the screen? I find some Pokemon like Skitty and Pikachu so cute I sometimes cannot resist touching them on the screen!

Houndoom will get a pat every now and then

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
yes wee. jigglypuff is so cute and cuddly. likewise with snorlax. haha!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Um... why in the world would I do that? I do TV commentary instead of rubbing the Pokemon on the screen. Besides, I want my TV screen to stay clean.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Nope, can't say that I do. Besides getting fingerprints on my screen (whether it be on the television or laptop), I think it would be rather... creepy to say the least.

Years
I just had this weird thought about touching the screen and my finger going through to the other side and getting zapped into the anime universe. That would be funny if that did happen.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I saw the title on the main page and it said "Do you touch Pokemon on the..." and I was like "WTF KIND OF THREAD IS THIS?!"

In the end though, I was disappointed. But anyway, no I don't touch Pokemon on the screen, because that's a little weird :P. There is an ad for TV screen wipes on TV at the moment though which shows the whole family touching the TV screen for various reasons, so I guess it is something people do.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

Er, NO...

Um... why in the world would I do that? I do TV commentary instead of rubbing the Pokemon on the screen. Besides, I want my TV screen to stay clean.

Pretty much this. I don't have any urge to touch any Pokemon, even one of my favorites such as Blaziken. If anything, I would only touch the screen to shield my view of Pokemon I generally dislike such as Blissey or Phione...but even then, I would hardly ever be motivated or have the energy to do such a thing, and I can generally withstand the sight of all Pokemon whenever I get the chance to watch the Pokemon anime on television.

I saw the title on the main page and it said "Do you touch Pokemon on the..." and I was like "WTF KIND OF THREAD IS THIS?!"

This. XD (although I'm not sure what other words could properly complete that phrase, other than something like "...down low?", and that's getting into territory that I'd like to stay away from regarding Pokemon themselves :cer_laugh:)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
Oh maaaaan, I've seen people wipe the tears off of crying characters' faces from other series (a good friend of mine actually did that with a character in Inazuma Eleven while another did that with Persona 4, with tissue paper and all), but touching Pokemon on the screen? xD (oh arceus help that sounded so wrong)

No, actually, that thought has never occured in my mind. Though I don't think it's THAT creepy given that people actually do that. Sort of.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Not on computer screens, but I do it a lot on Pokemon books, or my own drawings, but I instead prefer to pet my real cat.

Back