• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unfortunate Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerob

Webmaster of PWL
Years
Im sorry about this guys but i doubt there will ever be a successful pokemon game released as a full version and we will be playing that as shown at this specific site.
I watched Tvsian create Netbattle in 1999 and it took him at least a year to get red & Blue working on it.
What id like to see is not demos no betas but the full game.
If anyone does that ill officialy stop posting here and i still doubt ill be doing that unles bannned.

Thanks for listening

BlueSonic

Banned
Years
pokerob said:
I watched Tvsian create Netbattle in 1999 and it took him at least a year to get red & Blue working on it.

But then what's the point? We like to post betas of our game to show people how far we've programmed a game.If we just say" Ohh my games rubbish can't be bothered continuing it" This thread wouldn't be here now

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I plan on bringing out a full version of both my games. Making a full game is alot of work, and takes time..... But I won't bore you with anything... I'd just like to say...
Pokerob, I guess you can't read- since this is the "Game Development" forum.... I would like to highlight the word "development."

Rm2k3Guy

Lord of shadows
Years
Neo-Dragon said:
I plan on bringing out a full version of both my games. Making a full game is alot of work, and takes time..... But I won't bore you with anything... I'd just like to say...
Pokerob, I guess you can't read- since this is the "Game Development" forum.... I would like to highlight the word "development."
Well put Neo
Your saying we should only post finished games? Well this forum will be dead no one has 'Finished' their games yet stop spamming out forum and go
somewhere else

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Me and my team plan to finish Chromatite in less than a year, stop spamming cause if u'd read the rules u'd know that you shouldn't create a thread just to say that no one will ever finish their games. And the reason we post screenshots and Betas/Demos is to keep this alive, as someone said before - if we would only post full versions this wouldn't even be called game development but something more like game releasing, lol.

Years
pokerob said:
Im sorry about this guys but i doubt there will ever be a successful pokemon game released as a full version and we will be playing that as shown at this specific site.
There are alot of sites where people post their homebrewed games, then end up discontinuing it. Your point being?

pokerob said:
This is not NetBattle.

pokerob said:
If anyone does that ill officialy stop posting here and i still doubt ill be doing that unles bannned.
This is a Game Development forum, with emphasis on Development.

There's nothing wrong with creating threads that do not revolve around a game, as long as it does relate to the topic of Game Development.
And sadly, this thread is prone to flaming wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back