• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some close calls...

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
What were some of your biggest close calls while playing Pokemon. Handheld, Console, Spin-off, whatever.

I was just playing Black and I started Castelia Tower with two fainted pokemon and no potions. I got to the third level and reached the nurse that would heal my pokemon, but of course I had to battle her first. Beat her with one pokemon left and it only had 3 hp when I beat her (it shows 6 in the picture cause it had just gained a level when I fainted her last pokemon).

fG0JM.jpg

Sirfetch’d

I can't remember any exact battle scenarios that were close calls(I know there were some), but my closest call that I still remember was my first playthrough of soulsilver and I got to Articuno, but forgot to save before I battled it. I weakened it and paralyzed it but still couldn't catch it. I ran out of Ultra balls and all I had left was a Master Ball and one Great Ball. I just knew I was going to have to waste my masterball, but to my surprise I through the Great Ball and CAUGHT IT! Very close call!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A close call I had encountered was surviving my battle against Elesa in Black. My Emolga against her Zebstrika. I had 1 HP left and the Zebstrika had about 40 or 50? And I was like "oh noes imma loooooose :(" I threw it an Aerial Ace attack and BOOM. I got him! The lucky part was that Emolga was my last hope and using Aerial Ace was the best decision I've made xD

Years
I remember during Black's main story I was battling Ghetsis and he was down to his last Pokemon (Seismitoad). I only had Samurott left and he was low on HP.

I commanded Samurott to use Surf and he knocks out Seismitoad! I was so lucky.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My level 58 Empoleon survived an Earthquake from Cynthia's Garchomp with only 2 HP left and OHKO'd with a critical Ice Beam with Nevermeltice as its held item, I felt like a frikkin rock star after that one.

Back