• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Dreams... now nightmares?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What do you think the possibility that these games could take it to the next level and concentrate on nightmares, rather than dreams? Generation 5 was all about dreams, and by logical assumption, nightmares would follow on. Overcoming these "fears" or nightmares could become something important in the games, given that the last games were all about making your dreams come true, whereas these would by about helping you overcome nightmares. I'm not sure how exactly this could occur - would they even extend into a "nightmare" game - much like the Dream World, or a professor that concentrates on bringing out the worst in nightmares and purifying them? Do you think covering nightmares is too far? Would you like to see nightmares and overcoming them as a theme of the games? Do you think GF would go this far? Share yo thoughts and such!

Sean

Years
I dunno. GF are very kid friendly; pokemon is a kid friendly game. Nightmares seems a bit.. iffy and I dunno. Darkrai is already a pokemon, so I feel like they already played the whole nightmare card with the kid having the nightmares and you've to capture Darkrai to stop them storyline.

Dunno though, interesting thought though. I still think the games gonna be science related because "X & Y" can be related to chromosomes being XX and YY

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sounds like Gale of Darkness only with nightmares rather than shadow pokemon, it would be interesting, Darkrai could be the boss! However I think this idea would serve better in a side game imo.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I just wonder how "nightmares" will effect our gameplay. Will we meet scary pokemon to capture, or... will it do something bad to our pokemon? I mean, it'd be nice if there was like, a sub-plot that involves nightmares, like, facing a pokemon that is akin to Darkrai or Hypno. That'd be cool! Exploring nightmares can be quite a twist!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I feel like that's already been tackled with the Darkrai mini side-quest, and it's pretty much devoted as the nightmare Pokémon, so I doubt they'd create another nightmare Pokémon to base something like that around. Plus it's kind of dark for a Pokémon game.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I don't know, we've already sort of had this concept in the past. I thought Game Freak had reached the climax of scary, for introducing Team Rocket's true harshness and the infamous Lavender Town music in the originals. And then in D/P/Pt we saw the player having nightmares before encountering Darkrai. I'm not too sure if this would come, but I think it would be interesting to see, however I think it would more be revolving around encountering scary-looking Pokemon or Dark and Ghost types maybe. Essentially any Pokemon that has this eerie feeling around it.

And also I'm agreeing with Shawn :3, it'd be quite interesting to be able to explore all sorts of different places in different nightmares. It could be anywhere from a haunting forest or an abandoned mansion similar to the Old Chateau, who knows? It'd be randomly decided and there are always new twists around every corner, that'd be pretty fun in my opinion!

As for horrible things happening to our Pokemon, the possibility of what could happen if this does get implemented in the game, is maybe HP loss? Maybe even downgraded a level? Perhaps your Pokemon receives some sort of curse that lasts a certain period of time? And lastly, maybe even held items stolen along with some of the trainer's money getting taken away as well.

Back