• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Can I edit Pokemon Leaf Green spanish rom with this tool? (Pokemon Verde Hoja it's the Spanish rom's name)

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Non-existant or unreadable ROM? Throw it into the YAPE 0.9 folder. Saves people time from having to search like I did.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 23, 2016
Hi, first, sorry for this bad english, I hope people can understand me.

So i've a problem about YAPE since now ... I Can't open my own rom hack... I dont know why, this is the error:
Well i cant post any URL.... so there is:
h t t p : / / i m a g e . n o e l s h a c k . c o m / f i c h i e r s / 2 0 1 3 / 4 2 / 1 3 8 2 0 8 1 0 4 3 - n s . p n g
remove the backspace.sorry for this, but i'm not sure people 'll appreciate if I go flood 15 post here ...

And the text following:
Spoiler:

(yes i m french sorry for this :X )

I dont have this error when i load another clean rom.
I have this error on all my back up of my rom hack, damnit I hope its not a fatal issue. :/
I m working on this hack (no named for instead lol) since six months (with some breaks anyways)...

Some one can help me ?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Hi, first, sorry for this bad english, I hope people can understand me.

So i've a problem about YAPE since now ... I Can't open my own rom hack... I dont know why, this is the error:
Well i cant post any URL.... so there is:
h t t p : / / i m a g e . n o e l s h a c k . c o m / f i c h i e r s / 2 0 1 3 / 4 2 / 1 3 8 2 0 8 1 0 4 3 - n s . p n g
remove the backspace.sorry for this, but i'm not sure people 'll appreciate if I go flood 15 post here ...

And the text following:
Spoiler:

(yes i m french sorry for this :X )

I dont have this error when i load another clean rom.
I have this error on all my back up of my rom hack, damnit I hope its not a fatal issue. :/
I m working on this hack (no named for instead lol) since six months (with some breaks anyways)...

Some one can help me ?

It's probably because you changed the data tables or their pointers, so YAPE loads another data (which is strange to YAPE because here should be something different).

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Yape cannot edit the Pokedex entries on the ????? Pokémon after Celebi. I hope you will fix this in future updates.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Yape cannot edit the Pokedex entries on the ????? Pokémon after Celebi. I hope you will fix this in future updates.

You're funny. Just cause the thread says [New Release], doesn't mean it is. It isn't going to get an update any time soon.

Also, it can't edit those for a very good reason: they don't exist. The ???? pokemon have no entries at all.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
The author of this tool may not be updating, but they were kind enough to not use any kind of obfuscation on their code, with the result that the EXE is readily decompiled by MonoDevelop. There's a blizzard of tiny compiler-originated errors that needed fixing, but once I did that and fixed the Windowsisms in a handful of hard-coded paths I had YAPE working natively on Linux through Mono.

The same code would probably work on Mac... but out of deference to the creator I'm going to keep it to myself for now.

ItsJakk

Rom-Hacker, GamePlayer
Years
Is their any possible way to change the amount of moves a pokemon can learn naturally through levels, Like Caterpie can only learn 2 moves (TACKLE,STRINGSHOT) before it evolves into a Metapod. Is their any way you can change that so its like:
Lv1 - Tackle
Lv1 - Growl
Lv5 - Tailwhip
Lv12 - Spark
Lv18 - Charge
>>>>>>>>>>>> POKEMON EVOLVES
etc....

Its been bugging me for a while that i cant figure this out

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 8, 2023
You're probably using MrDS's patch. Use G3HS.

im using g3hs but yape cant read base stats..
could it be because i inserted new pokemons in game ? ..

however i cant evolve my eevee ti umbreon with moon stone.. its like i dont because when i start my evolution it says "HUH" and stops..
however i can evolve taillow to swellow easy, i just cant evolve pokemons which' evolutions i changed to stone evolutions.. :s

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years

however i cant evolve my eevee ti umbreon with moon stone.. its like i dont because when i start my evolution it says "HUH" and stops..
however i can evolve taillow to swellow easy, i just cant evolve pokemons which' evolutions i changed to stone evolutions.. :s

It's because in FR/LG (for whatever reason) you cannot evolve pokemon outside of the dex. I'm assuming you fixed it for level up since taillow worked out. If you need the hex solution I'll give it to you.

YAPE is extremely outdated and old. It's not used at all anymore unless you're an oldie. It only handles the first Pokémon already in the game as well. It's the most limited tool besides amap.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years

Everything is much easier when using G3HS.

Here is the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320113

Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 8, 2023
It's because in FR/LG (for whatever reason) you cannot evolve pokemon outside of the dex. I'm assuming you fixed it for level up since taillow worked out. If you need the hex solution I'll give it to you.

YAPE is extremely outdated and old. It's not used at all anymore unless you're an oldie. It only handles the first Pokémon already in the game as well. It's the most limited tool besides amap.

well sure, you can give me the hex solution..
"At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0" - this is what i have right now and nothing happens when i use stone..
i also tryed this: "In a clean FR ROM, it should have "97 28 14 DD" at 0xCE91A. If it says 00 00 14 E0, change it to that, then change the 97 to FB" but still nothing.. so i hope you can help me i would really appreciate it since my progress on making the game stopped :/

Back