• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
I just began playing Yet Another Fire Red Hack today. Definitely enjoying the game so far. I've beaten the first gym and here's what I've got...

2gx0daf.jpg
30m5usg.jpg
2hh3hit.jpg

• This is somewhat subjective. Depending on how you interpret Brock's vocabulary, he still seems to describe his Pokémon as Rock-type Pokémon, but accurately claims them as being Fighting-type in the last picture.

mjq2c2.jpg
2luqrli.jpg

• These are the main Pokémon I have as of my victory over Brock.
  • Nidoran male / Nidorino learning Peck very early on was beyond helpful when facing Brock.
  • I do have every other Pokémon available up to this point, but only for Pokédex purposes and HM slave purposes.
  • One thing I'm not entirely crazy about is the fact that the battle style is 'Set' and can't be changed. It won't stop me from continuing to play the hack though.

Last edited:

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
One thing I'm not entirely crazy about is the fact that the battle style is 'Set' and can't be changed. It won't stop me from continuing to play the hack though.
Doesnt did that to advocate a more competitive-styled form of gameplay. You wouldn't see Shift mode in place during official Pokémon tourneys, would you?

Speaking of Doesnt, I have a question: do you plan to do anything like this for HeartGold/SoulSilver in the future?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Duuuude... All my items in my bag except for the 24 Potions I had in the first slot mysteriously just disappeared after defeating my rival in Cerulean City at the start of Nugget Bridge. Worse yet, the items pocket seems to have frozen or something. Even if I go buy more items, they don't show up. It just stays at Potions and only Potions. -_-

Did anyone else experience anything like that? I'm going to restart and play as closely as I can to the original file, but that really sucks. The only positive thing about this is that I can get my Nidoking to learn Bulldozer. He learns it at level 18 & only as Nidoking. I had a Nidorino level 19 when I finally got the Moon Stone, so he just never learned it. >:(

Edit: It just did it again. It looks like every time I save the game (save state and flash save) then shut down the emulator (GBA4iOS), it messes with my items pocket for some reason. Everything but whatever's in item slot #1 disappears and the item pocket becomes dysfunctional; nothing can be added to the pocket. I don't get it. I patched to a completely clean Fire Red 1.0 rom (from doperoms) just like the Readme said.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I encountered a glitch in Seafoam Islands. One of the boulders disappears after being pushed down a hole, prevented me from going through the entire thing. Luckily it wasn't one of the boulders involved with getting to Palkia, so all's good on that front. I don't think too much is missed since the cave was pretty much complete and Cinnabar's accessible another way, but still, roughly an hour wasted trying to figure out what I was doing wrong :/

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
OK, I figured out what was going wrong and screwing up my rom (long story). Anyways, I've been playing this game now for like 3 straight days. I really like this game. The spriting, palettes, updated movesets, updated learnsets, added abilities, added Pokémon - everything is very good. I've only beaten the third gym up to this point because I'm enjoying this game a lot and taking my good old time savoring it. As of right now, my team is as follows:

394.gif
Prinplup
398.gif
Staraptor
302.gif
Sableye
215.gif
Sneasel
124.gif
Jynx
478.gif
Froslass

All my Pokémon really benefit from the physical/special split you added to the game. And with the updated learnsets, Sableye & Sneasel are actually useful in the 3rd gen finally. Really great game so far. Having a blast playing this.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Wow. What can I say... just defeated the Elite Four and champion. I think that took me about 12 days. This hack is amazing, man. I'm a die hard Kanto fan, so this was especially enjoyable for me. It felt like playing an entirely new GBA game because the Pokémon you selected were so well balanced for the game overall. And then with the physical/special split, new movesets, TMs, abilities, gym types, etc. it REALLY felt like an entirely new Pokémon GBA game. I'm working on completing the PokéDex now (got about 98 to go as of this post). Nothing but thanks and praise for this game. I'll be replaying this game for a long while.

Here's the team I compiled when I beat the Elite Four and Champion:
x9V3gPbm.jpg

• MVP: Jynx ... giving it Lucky Egg and then Choice Specs & it's OP
  • Runner up: Sableye ... giving it Brightpowder or Leftovers
  • Most trollish Pokémon for my team: Metagross and Lucario
  • Easiest Pokémon for my team: any of the Dragon types in the game

I've just entered the Cerulean Cave and found out what lies inside. Love what you decided to do with the cave! Great idea!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
Hi!!
First post on this wonderful site I've been using for help with hacks for agesss..so dont hate for my possibly easy questionm
Love YAFRH btw. I've never had a team like this and it's awesome!
Question is. Where do I find tm 26?
I read it's supposed to be at the dojo but it is not...that I'm seeing at least. And I know it can be bought later on at the cave but I'm not there yet. Am I missing it? Plz help. :) thank you!

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hi!!
First post on this wonderful site I've been using for help with hacks for agesss..so dont hate for my possibly easy questionm
Love YAFRH btw. I've never had a team like this and it's awesome!
Question is. Where do I find tm 26?
I read it's supposed to be at the dojo but it is not...that I'm seeing at least. And I know it can be bought later on at the cave but I'm not there yet. Am I missing it? Plz help. :) thank you!

I think that information is a bit outdated. You get the Earthquake TM from beating the eighth gym. I believe before the hacker added Choice Specs, he had the Earthquake TM in the dojo in its place, but he added Choice Specs and put the Earthquake TM back at the eighth gym.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Please help me!!!!!!! There is a team rocket girl blocking me from getting into the game corner and team rockets hide out... I need the experience to beat Erika. She says, "beat it brat, nobody's getting past me".....is this normal?! What do I do??

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Going to download now and jump straight into a Nuzlocke. Wish me luck.

*Update: downloaded. RNG determined I pick Piplup. Route 1 threw me a Sentret, prayed for Nidoran (m) on 22 and received :D.
*Update 2: having reached Cerulean City, I have Prinplup, Nidoking, Venonat and Rilou. R.I.P Starly and Cottonee.

Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Please help me!!!!!!! There is a team rocket girl blocking me from getting into the game corner and team rockets hide out... I need the experience to beat Erika. She says, "beat it brat, nobody's getting past me".....is this normal?! What do I do??

From the OP under the "Misc Notes" spoiler:

- The intended order for midgame is Rocket Hideout -> Celadon Gym -> Pokemon Tower -> Fuchsia Gym -> Fighting Dojo -> Silph Co. -> Saffron Gym -> Seafoam Islands -> Cinnabar Island.

I'm not sure if that would help your problem at all, but I played the game in the above order as recommended by the rom hacker who created this game and did not run into the problem you mention.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread; I added nothing of the sort.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Welp.. it can't learn 4 HMs, just 3 like Nidoking but guess it still works..
Flash isn't used that much anyways, i'll just teach it to Togepi and get over it xD
Thanks <3 ...

Btw, @[user]DoesntKnowHowToPlay[/user]
Just saying, but since the Sevii Islands Plot was removed, wouldn't be a bit necessary to replace the Daycare at South of Cerulean for the one which normally is in Fourth Island?
Because i know some people like to breed, get IVs and that stuff, but that Daycare at South of Cerulean only lets you put 1 Pokémon, you can't even make Eggs :/ ...

EDIT:
Oh, yeah, and the HM06 Rock Smash was obtainable in the First Island too, with the Sevii Islands gone, the only way to get it seems to be by training a Sawk, and i don't even know if he is in the Hack xD
Is it useful to catch some specific Pokémon or something? Because if not, it wouldn't be a big deal xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Most useful breeding moves are used to fill up move relearner's lists. There's no real drawback in lack of breeding except for there 0 people that try do play YAFRH competitive.
Rock Smash is ALMOST unobtainable and not needed. There are some rock smash encounters but they are obtainable normaly. The only way to obtain Rock Smash is to use Sketch against pokemon that use this move via metronome.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 1, 2016
So i download the file, read the message saying patch with the 2MB file, and the only problem is, i didn't get the 2MB ips file. Is this a mistake? Should i patch fire red with the 2KB instead?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
Hi. I would like to review this game, if you don't mind.

This game is beautifully made. A lot of effort was made to make this game possible. The pokemon are really special.

The starters for this game are Snivy, Torchic, and Piplup. Some examples of pokemon that can be caught from future generations include, but aren't limited to: Mantyke, Honchkrow, Golurk, Palkia, and many, many more.

Sure there are a few bugs, but the creators is trying their best to fix it. It is amazing and I highly recommend downloading it and playing it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 31, 2020
I'd like to report a glitch/bug. In Seafoam Islands, one of the boulders that you have too push down disappears after it is pushed down the second time. Not sure if it is just me but i can't progress past the Seafoam Islands. Thanks in advance :D

Back