• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
30 Day Song Challenge day 02 - your least favourite song
So many artists that I hate more that I could have put here (Pink, Simple Plan etc.) but this song is terrible, especially the chorus. It's on the radio at work all the time.

The Horses by Daryl Braithwaite

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Day 2: Your least favorite song.

Basically, anything punk and/or metal. If I had to pick a song it'd be
Within Temptation - What Have You Done (feat. Keith Caputo)
God, I heard this song in during every break in highschool.

Spoiler:

Years
Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

My Jeans by Jenna Rose

Why is it my least favorite song?
You thought Rebecca Black was worse? Maybe. But in my opinion, this girl is 100 times worse. At least Ms. Black tried with her lyrics, unlike this girl. The beat stays the same, the lyrics barely change, it is the same bubblegum garbage that has been happening recently, and I'm sick of it.

By the way, this came out before Friday.

Oh, and the song/video has 6,794 likes and 87,241 dislikes.
That is a 12.8 to 1 Ratio.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Day 1 - Your Favorite Song (April, 13, 2011? :D)
Invincible - Muse

I suck at choosing a favorite song. I have a lot of favorite songs, but this song is by far the one that sticks out in my mind as my absolute favorite when I look at all my favorites long enough to really narrow it down. It manages to make me feel happy, yet sad at the same time. I can relate to the lyrics, I can feel the lyrics. But the song itself means a great deal to me and is my go-to song for when I'm feeling down. It's a powerful, beautiful song. The lyrics touch me and the instrumentals sooth me. I can also relate multiple messages to the lyrics enough for me to listen to it for just about any reason and still be able to relate to it in the same way.

Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song (April, 14, 2011)
Just Dance - Lady Gaga

I love Lady Gaga, but this is just… I genuinely hate this song. Sad considering this is the song that introduced her to the entire world, but I just don't like it. I have no real explanation for it other than the fact that the song irks me.

Years
Day 02: Your least favorite song
I don't really have a least favorite song. I just have songs that I hate. I hate anything extremely slow or talentless. I also hate songs writen by those fad "artists" like Justin Bieber, The Jonas Brothers, and Miley Cyrus. I guess choose "Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner. That song annoys the crap out of me.

Years
No idea why I didn't think of this possibility earlier, but... what happens when you don't know a song for one day?
Like, for example, Day 26, "a song you can play on an instrument". I, for instance, can't play any songs on instruments, so...
So, do you lose? Just skip the day? Invent lies? Something different?

EDIT: Should be midnight by now in Britain, so...

Day 03: A song that makes you happy

Hmm, kind of hard actually, I haven't listened to any songs specifically for that purpose yet...
Eventually I decided to pick this one:

Amon Amarth - Cry of the Blackbirds. It makes me feel just completely awesome, and feeling awesome is a way of feeling happy, I think.

Last edited:

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
Years
Day 02: Your least favourite song.

This is a hard one due to the fact that there are many songs I hate and that annoy me. Most of these songs are in the Metal, Rap, Punk, Pop, Dance.

Lady Gaga - Born This Way.

Spoiler:

I'm hiding it in spoilers because it's so awful. This is up there with many songs I hate.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Hey everyone. Thanks for making this thread so popular. I brought this up when I floated the idea to Patchisou Yutohru, but how would people feel about a separate Discussion Thread, and operate a structure similar to the Pictures Thread in Other Chat? That way we could compare the songs we've chosen for each day and help facilitate a dialogue. General thoughts on this would be great!

No idea why I didn't think of this possibility earlier, but... what happens when you don't know a song for one day?
Like, for example, Day 26, "a song you can play on an instrument". I, for instance, can't play any songs on instruments, so...
So, do you lose? Just skip the day? Invent lies? Something different?

For non-musical people, I guess it could be a song you can sing reasonably well. We all have voices, after all. You can, of course, lie if you want to... but it sorta takes the fun out of it.

Also, there were still two hours to go when you edited your post. If you want to know what time it is in Britain: just search for it in Google.

Anyhoo... on with the show:

"Gold Watch and Chain" by Meryl Streep and Garrison Keillor (from the soundtrack to the film A Prairie Home Companion): This really shouldn't make me happy, given the lyrics about dying love and pawning treasured possessions and general unhappiness... and yet every time I listen to it I can't help but tap my feet, enjoy the vocal harmonies as well as the rootin' tootin' country feel the song has going for it. My favourite song from the film by a country mile.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
You should let people start whenever they want, but it's all good.

John Frusciante - Second Walk

I remember ever since 4 years ago, listening through John's Shadows Collide with People, the entire album has such a grim (but great) tone, and Second Walk seems to be one of the only upbeat songs on the album. Whenever it came on it essentially made me happier hahaha. Not that listening to the album makes you sad but...

Day 02: Your least favourite song

To be honest I don't think I have a least favourite song because I don't concentrate on music I dislike... for me to have a least favourite song, it would mean that I hate a particular song more than others, and for me to have proper reasoning for such hatred would mean I listen to it a lot.. which I wouldn't lol

Day 01: Your favourite song

Damn this was a tough one...
By the Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers

There's a few reasons for this one. Firstly because I think Californication and By the Way were the first two songs I heard by the Chili Peppers and I loved them immediately. Secondly because our band loved playing By the Way. It was a riot to play on stage during the song, and the fact that everyone always knew the lyrics meant that our band could always draw in the crowd to sing along at the end. It was so fun to play on stage and practice and yeah. When you have so many favourite songs, you have to look past musical perfection and see what songs really mean something to you, I guess.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

This song literally came out about 5 Hours ago. I love it. I actually do feel major happy when I listen to it! :3

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
Years
Day 03: A song that makes you happy.

Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways.

Why does it make me happy?

It's such a beautiful song. The song tells a lovely story which I like in a song and has a stunning and powerful guitar work. Gary's singing and guitar playing is, as usual, at it's best and the emotion Gary is playing with makes me smile as he is really enjoying what he's doing. It's just a wonderful song all round.

Years
Day 03: A Song That Makes You Happy

Catch You Catch Me (I can't find who sings it at the moment)

The first opening song to Cardcaptor Sakura. If you know the series you know how adorable and positive it is. This just reminds me of all of that (and makes me want to rewatch the whole thing).

Last edited:
Years
Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
"We Come Out At Night" by Avenged Sevenfold. It just makes me happy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Day 04: A song that makes you sad

"Chemo Limo" by Regina Spektor: A great song, but it's about cancer and how treatment is ridiculously expensive. Kinda sad, when you really think about it, but bitter sweet at the same time. There's also the trademark Spektor piano which, instead of livening proceedings, only helps to dampen the mood even further.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

My Jeans by Jenna Rose

Why is it my least favorite song?
You thought Rebecca Black was worse? Maybe. But in my opinion, this girl is 100 times worse. At least Ms. Black tried with her lyrics, unlike this girl. The beat stays the same, the lyrics barely change, it is the same bubblegum garbage that has been happening recently, and I'm sick of it.

By the way, this came out before Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64

Oh, and the song/video has 6,794 likes and 87,241 dislikes.
That is a 12.8 to 1 Ratio.

Bubblegum garbage, indeed. However, tune-wise, I found that to be somewhat more tolerable than "Friday"... But the lyrics are just as horrible, if not more horrible than "Friday". As Miley Cyrus said, "It should be harder to be an artist" - however, I mean that in the sense that generic-sounding artists and songs shouldn't be overrunning the interwebs. -.-

Hilariously, "Friday" is the main Suggested Video that appears right after "My Jeans". I guess the videos are like sisters or something.

I'd like those 4 minutes and 1 second back, plz.

Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song (April, 14, 2011)
Just Dance - Lady Gaga

I love Lady Gaga, but this is just… I genuinely hate this song. Sad considering this is the song that introduced her to the entire world, but I just don't like it. I have no real explanation for it other than the fact that the song irks me.

Hmm...that's one of her more tolerable songs, IMO, and I actually liked it. Thankfully, it's not played on the radio too much these days to become too annoying.

Day 03 - A Song That Makes You Happy

"Library Card" by Arthur & Friends
- I came across this song once again some days ago, and it just exudes joy whenever I hear it. It's a cherished memory, and I love listening to/remembering it from time to time. Arthur was and still is an amazing TV/book series for all ages, and I'm glad the songwriters were able to create this awesome track. :)

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad:

A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover

If I hadn't stumbled upon this song by accident whilst having all my songs on shuffle, I'm sure I would've missed it completely and chosen something different. While I had a tough time choosing between this and The Stampede from the Lion King, I chose this because it really is the only song that actually makes me stop and feel heartache or sadness through the lyrics. Normally I can remain quite detached from the lyrics of songs while it is normally the instrumentals which hit home for me, however this one is a pure emotional journey through the lyrics alone. Also, The Stampede as a song doesn't make me sad, it just reminds me of the visuals of Mufasa dying, so I felt this was more fitting and conjures up my emotions and thoughts more.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad

AAAAGHH...now that I look back, there's way too many!

"The Time Has Come/Pikachu's Goodbye" by Marti Lebow
"Misty's Goodbye" by [unknown artist] from Pokemon anime EP273
"Graduation" by Vitamin C
- Here come the waterworks... Most Pokemon fans have heard the first two, I would assume. Every time Ash has a longtime friend nearly torn from him, it just gets depressing. :( And "Graduation" conveys the sense of leaving friends who are most dear to you, and you just know it's going to be a long farewell. GAH...I can't decide between these three, and I have two more that I'm saving for Day 22, so here they are :cer_cry::

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
Years
  • 1st Day - Favorite
  • Rainest Day of Summer
  • Elizabeth and the Catapult
  • Where to start... It's so fun and the music is nice and smooth and it describes my favorite types of days.
  • (No good video...)
    Spoiler:

• Day 2 - Least Favorite
  • Look At Me Now
  • Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes
  • GRRUUUHUHUHUHUH I remember the first time I heard this song I literally started crying. So we have a beat that consists of some crappy percussion superimposed on top of what I can only surmise are the screams of mentally retarded dolphins, Chris Brown being a talentless moron like he always is, and Lil Wayne delivering one of his worst verses ever. The only thing even remotaly okay is Busta Rhymes, and the only reason that's the case is because I can't understand what he's saying.
  • Spoiler:

• Day 3 - Happy Song =]
  • Livin' On a Prayer
  • Bon Jovi
  • It's so over-the-top and fun! It's like Guren Lagann if you compressed it into a song and got Bon Jovi to do vocals.
  • Spoiler:

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Day 1 & 2:
Spoiler:

Day 3: A song that makes you happy.
Noche de Carnaval by Baby Ranks.
The beat, the vocals, it just has a happy feel to it. It really makes you want to dance too.

Day 4: A song that makes you sad.
Adjossi by Max Nijman
Adjossi means farewell, this song gets played a lot at funerals. I don't mind it though, it is such a beautiful song. It reminds me of my grandfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back