• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?
Sure.
1. Giovanni and his Groudon(P.S. You know what I'm talking about)
2. Wallace with all his Pokemon, except Sealeo and Crawdaunt
3. Iris - Da Haxorus!

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Which Gym Leader(s) do you think is the most annoying or the toughest? Can you provide a top 3 list?
Sure.
1. Iris - Da Haxorus!
3. Giovanni and his Groudon(P.S. You know what I'm talking about)
No. No I don't know what you are talking about. Though I am currently doing a mono electric challenge and Giovanni is annoying beyond measure.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Sure.
1. Iris - Da Haxorus!
3. Giovanni and his Groudon(P.S. You know what I'm talking about)
Well, if you don't mind my asking. Can you provide your reasoning behind the Giovanni and Groudon answer? It seems like an invalid answer since he never even owned one.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Who has the best personality in the Anime? Explain.

Erika!!!!

Honestly, I do not see her as competitive compared to the other gym leader. I find Erika to be calm, and serene. She knows how to handle losing quite calmly, and that's pretty much why I admire her personality so much. She's caring, sympathetic, and cheerful. :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Who has the best personality in the Anime? Explain.

Erika!!!!

Honestly, I do not see her as competitive compared to the other gym leader. I find Erika to be calm, and serene. She knows how to handle losing quite calmly, and that's pretty much why I admire her personality so much. She's caring, sympathetic, and cheerful. :)
Would that be a little like...Jasmine also? She was very, especially caring, toward her Ampharaos(Definite failure for spelling I'm sure) she never used for battle xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ampharos xD

I do remember she was very careful towards her grass Pokemon, especially her Gloom. They were the best of friends. I would also say Jasmine, because of how she was very caring for Ampharos, but I think Erika tops that since it's multiple Pokemon I'm talking about.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Well, if you don't mind my asking. Can you provide your reasoning behind the Giovanni and Groudon answer? It seems like an invalid answer since he never even owned one.
Of course you. I played an online game called PTD, and Giovanni owned a Groudon, along with Gary's Pokemon.

xdom

Jaguar Skills
Years
Name: Xdom
Your Gym Leader:Blaine
2 Partner Pokemon: Magmar and Charizard
Why have you joined to be trained:i want to be trained because i the gyms leaders are the most respected people in there regions and Blaine is one of the most powerful of them he also uses my favorite type of pokemon fire!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I wanted to say, Blaine was the easiest gym leader I had beaten when I was playing LeafGreen at the time. It was a good thing I had Vaporeon at the time. If I had chose Jolteon, then I'd probably be scroooed. xD

Which brings me to a topic I'd like to add in so I can add some life to this club. :D

Easiest Gym Leader you've beaten? How did you defeat him/her?

Years

Skyla, I beat her with only a Zebstrika. She's like, so easy.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Good topic! Mmm..

Would it hurt if I were to say that the Gym Leaders in Generation 4 seemed to easiest of them all to me? Like getting Machop early on to face that Rock Gym Leader..made really simple, in my opinion. Not to mention you can get Onix prior to the battle. I'd say Roark for sure :X

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Roark was also easy for me as well in the 4th Generation. Seeing that I had Piplup as my starter, it made things sooooo much easier. I remember when my Piplup was underleveled and it had beat his whole team!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Roark was also easy for me as well in the 4th Generation. Seeing that I had Piplup as my starter, it made things sooooo much easier. I remember when my Piplup was underleveled and it had beat his whole team!

Come to think of it, all the starters is strong against Roark's Pokemon, judging by the typing of the final evolution of each Starters. I mean I'm just giving an example and just look at it. Infernape is Fire/Fighting- Fighting is strong. Then Torterra(Grass & Ground)/Empoleon's(Water & Steel) both typing are strong against Rock. Strange..I think they made Generation IV start that way on purpose, by making Fire the weakest and not even that was hard, to catch Machop to get an early fighting type right off the back while getting Chimchar up to its Fighting type evolutions. Strange.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Any Rock type gym leader pretty much. Brock, Roxanne, Roark, all of them were easy as pie due to the big type advantage you could get by just selecting either a Grass or Water type starter. Now there's also the fact that they're all the first gym leaders of their respective regions, but that just adds to how easy they are, since their difficulty is greatly decreased due to it being the start of the game and stuff, and since Pokémon is also targeted at the younger players.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Roark! No matter which starter you chose, he was easy as heck. You either have a Grass/Water type to use, or you have a ridiculously fast monkey packing a Mach Punch, so I don't think he could ever pose much of a threat no matter what team you're using. His Cranidos (although awesome) is weak as hell, so it's a really easy Pokemon to send packing. And I believe his other Pokemon is a Geodude; there's not much to say about the very over-used Rock/Ground type other than "dead". So yeah, Roark is super easy :D

Also... AHHHHH GUYS CHEREN IS A NORMAL GYM LEADER IN B2W2 WHATTTTTTT. GDKLGDFL. WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE A GYM LEADER NOW AHHH. *cough* So yeah, what the heck is going on with the Unova gym leaders - they're all being replaced! Who's going to end up being in the Unova 8? :o And what gym number will Cheren be! Ahh this is exciting! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Also... AHHHHH GUYS CHEREN IS A NORMAL GYM LEADER IN B2W2 WHATTTTTTT. GDKLGDFL. WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE A GYM LEADER NOW AHHH. *cough* So yeah, what the heck is going on with the Unova gym leaders - they're all being replaced! Who's going to end up being in the Unova 8? :o And what gym number will Cheren be! Ahh this is exciting! :D

If Cheren is going to be a normal type, then by any chance Lenora may get replaced. idk, it's a thought maybe...

I'm.... being meh about Cheren being a gym leader though.I don't have a problem with it. I'm wondering how he managed to take two years to reach the top. xD

Years

He's the first Gym according to an image in CoroCoro that shows the Basic Badge in the first slot of the badge case.

Still don't know why he's a Normal Gym Leader, his name doesn't even have any relation to the Normal-type.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

So I don't keep tabs on what goes on in B2/W2, but if Cheren is gym leader now, what about Bianca? Or perhaps the character you choose in original B/W? Think we have another Red-like Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back