• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Wrist Device Discussion

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The released official images of the Protagonists show them with a circular digital device on their wrists, much like the C-Gear and Poketch.

What do you think this device will be called? What do you expect/want it to do?

219px-Player_male_XY.png
322px-Player_female_XY.png

I can see a botton so maybe it activates a holographic screen.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I expect it to have the usual mechanics such as showing time and date, as for extras, not sure, maybe it will have some form or wireless connectivity like the C-Gear, but also have the apps from past devices like the PokéGear/Nav/tch.
I really like the look of it, but I wonder what that symbol means, plus I guess the screen is shown through hologram?
Also I made a 3D model of it http://hanimetion.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-Y-Mysterious-Bracelet-3D-Render-371759940

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
A hologram would fit the Pokedex style, which is pretty futuristic as well.
I Hope we'll get some of the Poketch features back, i really liked them
Plus the usual C-Gear connectivity stuff and such

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
What I'm more intrigued about is their bracelets. I first noticed it on the girl's wrist, and thought it was an accessory, but actually the guy wears one too. A new communication device? I think so, and it goes really well with the new Pokedex design, which I heard will use holograms, so I think the bracelets will as well.

From a message in the protagonists discussion that I posted the other day.

blue

gucci
Years
I really hope it acts as some sort of Music Player and Calling system for rematches, similar to the Pokegear & Pokénav but combined into one with other additional new features ofc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think it'll activate some sort of touchable hologram, which would beat anything we've seen thus far in terms of the tech of the Pokegear expies.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Just from the looks of it, it doesn't actually seem to be capable of doing anything--but who knows? Since the PokéDex is all high-tech and holographic, there could be something more to this, too. But to me, it looks more like it would be a sort of artifact; a key item that is for use in the main storyline (and perhaps connected to Xerneas and Ylveltal) but not intended for as heavy use as a PokéNav or PokéGear.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm really hoping it's the return of the Pokétch. Even if it were a holographic form (which the appearance seems to give off), it'd be cool to have all the apps that we had before come back. It was easily the most useful gear that we had, and I'd love to see it back. I'm especially hoping we don't see the return of the C-Gear, as it was pretty boring as far as gear goes.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
Personally, I hope this new device includes not only all the cool functions of the Pokétch and the C-Gear, but also allows us to see the IV and EVs on our Pokemon, making breeding for that perfect Poké a little easier.

Back