• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Music Player Programs

What music player programs do you use?

• Total voters
Years
For those of you who listen to music on your computer, which music player (or music players) do you use?

I use iTunes and Winamp primarily for my music listening, but sometimes I use Windows Media player or VLC to do so.

Years
I use VLC, primarily because it starts instantly enough and has an effective interface.
Since getting my new machine I have vowed never to install iTunes again, it takes so darn long to load up.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
If I'm going to listen to music on my PC, I use Winamp because I find it has the beat features and everything. It does what I want it to do, which is why I use it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I import my playlist to Spotify, but by default I use Windows Media Player and sometimes iTunes to listen to my music. But mostly I find myself listening to my music on Spotify.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I actually use foobar2000. Nice little lightweight player.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Very rarely do I listen to music on my own PC, but when I do I use Winamp - I love the lyrics addon, where the lyrics of the song are displayed when the song is playing.

Most of the time all my music I listen to is on my cell phone.

Years
I can't really listen to music on my computer anymore now that I don't have speakers, but all I used to use was Windows Media Player. It did exactly what I needed it to and was much quicker to start up than iTunes, so I didn't bother downloading any other players when I had a perfectly fine one already.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I usually use Windows Media Player for most music, but I also use iTunes frequently to update the songs on my iPod Shuffle.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I use Media Monkey since it's easy to transfer songs in and out of my iPod without it having to mess up anything. Also it keeps good track of the song, the album and all those nice details about the song. It's also easy to use, customizable, plug-ins are available and the songs are very well organized with it. I've been using it since 2009 and I'm satisfied by it's performance very much that I dumped WMP and Winamp for it.

Years
VLC for video, iTunes for music. I don't like iTunes but I play my music off of my iPod when it's plugged into the computer so I'm forced to use it pretty much. :(

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Winamp for music and Media Player Classic for anime.

I tried foobar and iTunes and while foobar was nice and iTunes was a gleaming turd, I don't think I can possibly use anything besides Winamp. Although I did like the one that comes bundled with Ubuntu.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
foobar2000 is absolutely the best music player available on Windows. Simple interface, lightweight, and with almost as much plugin support as Winamp. I can play all my video game music in original format (e.g., USF) with no problems. Love it. I don't know why this wasn't an option and VLC was, VLC isn't even a music player. It's a movie player that just happens to also be able to play music. If you're going to put that on there, you should put MPC-HC on there, as well.

Years
I actually forgot about what foobar2000 was when I made this poll because I've never used it (and I haven't heard anyone in my life mention it in a while), but I do know of people who do and they say it's a simple and fast program. I'll probably try it out one of these days as I have done with other programs in the past.

Years
I actually forgot about what foobar2000 was when I made this poll because I've never used it (and I haven't heard anyone in my life mention it in a while), but I do know of people who do and they say it's a simple and fast program. I'll probably try it out one of these days as I have done with other programs in the past.

You should be able to edit the poll if you want to add Foobar.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I love iTunes. It works well, looks good, runs just fine for me (if you have the resources for it, I realise it's heavy on slower/older gear). I buy a reasonable amount of music from iTunes, so to have it automatically download on all of my devices (Desktop, Laptop, phone and tablet) is really useful.

The other app I use is Spotify. It's not perfect, but what it offers is just amazing. When I'm in a position to do so, I'll be getting a premium membership, that's for sure.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
foobar2000 on Windows and Audacious on Linux (alternatively mplayer, which can also be used as a video player).

TY

Since it was automatically installed on my laptop, im listening my music on the Windows Media Player... Im too lazy to get a other music player

Years
I've been using Winamp for the most part It has a Black Gold Saw skin, so that's the main reason, and unless foobar2000 has one I won't be changing, but I've been meaning to check out something else. I have VLC, but mostly for Video purposes. Since foobar seems to be godtier in this thread, I might have to look into it.

Back