• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Professional Wrestling Thread

Years
I'm actually interested to see if Big Show is there for Raw tonight, considering that on Smackdown Vickie Guerrero was already talking about how his house was 'up for sale' hours after Raw concluded. And I wonder how soon we'll see John Cena before the PPV- provided that he is actually coming back and this isn't all some elaborate scheme.

finally somewhere to talk about wwe ok a litle drama is cool but why did big show do that?
I'm assuming GoatMan1, 2 and 3 were all taken by Daniel Bryan, right? :p

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm assuming GoatMan1, 2 and 3 were all taken by Daniel Bryan, right? :p

Answering the quote: YES! YES! YES!

I'm getting to see bits of Raw and Smackdown, but I haven't seen a full show since my Da had Sky Sports removed. One thing is for sure; I'm happy that the Usos are getting more of a push than being held in the low card all of the time.

I've been watching TNA, and last week, when Hogan quit, I thought it was keyfabe, didn't know that it was legitimate. As far as the World Heavyweight Title goes, I can see Knux and Garrett turning on Bully Ray and helping AJ Styles win the title at Bound for Glory.

Years
I can't stand John Cena. But if him becoming the next World Heavyweight Champion is going to make the title and Smackdown relevant again and bring the brand extension back to an extent, I'm all up for it. As long as he stays out of the Bryan-HHH feud, I'll be happy.

I have a feeling that Vince will return to Raw tonight and say that it was he who rehired the Big Show shortly after he was fired by Stephanie. That'd be the only logical explanation to why he came out to his entrance theme to knock Triple H out. If he's not an employee, his music would not have been played and if there's anyone who can overrule Stephanie and HHH, it's Vince.

As for Ziggler, I think he's slowly getting back on the right track. He got two victories over Sandow at the Battleground pre-show and at Raw. I can't tell if the creative team is giving him another chance or if it's Sandow who's being booked to lose like the previous Smackdown MITB winners. Let's hope Ziggler doesn't mess things up again by doing more shoot interviews. x_X

Years
I hope Vince returns tonight. ANY episode where Vince shows up, you know something's gonna go down. If he shows up tonight, I can't imagine that it won't have a huge impact on what's going on with The Administration.

Years
Big E was at Elimination Chamber last year? I actually haven't noticed him. xD Was he with the crowd?

No, he was in a promo which John Cena did on the Rock. Sorry, I should have been more clear. The promo is a recorded one based at a training center somewhere. Big E is featured lifting weights and you see him go for a big lift which he manages and everyone cheers him.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've been watching TNA, and last week, when Hogan quit, I thought it was keyfabe, didn't know that it was legitimate. As far as the World Heavyweight Title
goes, I can see Knux and Garrett turning on Bully Ray and helping AJ Styles win the title at Bound for Glory.

I thought it was a work, too. Never thought that they'd let Hogan go this easily. Hulk Hogan was one of the people that helped TNA drive towards the wrong path, so, unfortunately, I am a bit happy to see him leave the company. d: Now, it would be quite epic if they decide to go back to the pre-Hogan days and bring back the six-sided ring and such. Haha.

I've read various reports claiming that Bob Carter, the father of Dixie and one of the main owners of TNA, was planning to sell the company to a new owner. I can't totally be sure if this is true or not, but if it is, then I hope they sell it to a person who's wealthy and have enough experience in the wrestling business. TNA's already in a bad state (well, in my opinion, at least), so if they hand it over to some stranger, then there's a big chance that the company may go downhill completely.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah i wonder if they can even find a buyer who knows enough of the wrestling business and is rich it just seems like a cop-out by the Carters like it was just a pet project for them but if they do sell it i hope they find a buyer with wrestling sense.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Just throwing this out there, I don't ever see the brand extension coming back, where certain stars were on certain shows. It's just so much easier the way it is now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I really liked brand extension. It made each of their shows feel different, and made us tune into them each and ever week so that we can see a specific group of wrestlers perform. d: Brand extension helped to maintain the relevancy of all of their titles as well. Most of their championship belts got lost in the shuffle once brand extension ended, with WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship being the only two exceptions.

The WHC is starting to lose its edge, though. If they don't think of a good program for it any time soon, then it may get lost in the shuffle, too.

Years
I think it could very easily be argued that it already has been, as it's at the importance level that the Intercontinental title should be right now. Instead, we've got Curtis Axel as the fourth wheel in the Punk/Heyman feud, and Del Rio who's had no real sense of direction since he won the title back from Ziggler in June. Another brand extension might help bring some prestige back to those other titles since the roster is definitely big enough to do it, but sadly I think those days are long gone.

As much as I hate to admit it, John Cena coming back might be the best thing that could happen for the WHC. As long as he stays as far away from the WWE title for as long as possible, I guess I can tolerate him being around.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've read a report yesterday claiming that WWE doesn't feel as if they have enough big guys on the roster right now. To be honest, I totally agree with them. The only active big wrestlers that they have at the moment are Cena, Orton, Sheamus (who's been out-of-action for the last few months), Barrett, Big Show, Tensai, Clay, Langston, Ryback, Harper, and Reigns—which is a total of eleven. I'd put Triple H somewhere in there, but decided not to since he was required to quit his in-ring career after losing to The Undertaker at WM XXVII. For some reason though, he still went on to face Brock Lesnar at the next WrestleMania, which didn't make much sense to me at all... but I'll just choose to ignore that. xD I would put Henry in there as well, but unfortunately, he's not as active as he used to be—he's semi-retired.

Others than the guys I've listed above, the rest are all small. Some of them aren't exactly small (Bray, Fandango, Rollins, and R-Truth would be some good examples), but they don't count as big, either. They're just in-between.

Last edited:
Years
I believe it was Wrestlemania 29 where Triple H had his career on the line, but he beat Lesnar so that he could still be a part-time competitor if he wanted (and I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in action as soon as Survivor Series).

And I can't say I necessarily have a problem with the amount of big guys on the roster right now, since guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler are more than capable of stealing the show every night. WWE does have a bunch of bigger guys down in NXT though, including Alex Rusev, Mojo Rawley, Sawyer Fulton and Mason Ryan (the smallest of those 4 is Rawley at 6' 3", 285 lbs.). None of them exactly scream main roster to me right now, but it's no secret that Vince has always loved larger than life wrestlers, so I don't think we have to worry about them going away any time soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They do have a lot of big guys over at NXT, but chances are not all of them will make it to the main roster. And those who do are not always guarantied to succeed. I mean, look at Wade Barrett and Ryback. Both of these wrestlers are quite big, and they both had a major start to their careers. Eventually, the WWE lost their interest and had them lost in the shuffle. Well, Ryback isn't completely lost as he's in a program with Paul Heyman, but he most likely will be once that's over with it.

One guy that could have a chance at succeeding is, in my opinion, Leo Kruger. He may not be as big as some other guys in NXT, but he's still pretty big. He's got great looks, and plays his gimmick really well. In the ring, he's not that bad either. He's definitely gotten a lot better than last year. If he does make it to the main roster, the only thing that he needs to do is keep himself away from trouble backstage. In the WWE, that's one of the main things that hold people back. A lot of guys had lost their chance to shine just because of it. d:

Years
^ Kassius Ohno is a shining example of that; allegedly wouldn't cut weight, and was kept off of live events/NXT. Seems to be turning that around, though.

RAW was pretty good tonight. Loved Punk bringing back the Bret Hart tights. :]

Years
I was wondering whether he'd bring back the Bret Hart or Macho Man tights at some point during October- glad to see he didn't disappoint!

And I've got to say, considering the number of PPVs we've had the past couple months, I actually find myself excited about Hell in a Cell. Not only should both World title matches and the Punk vs. Ryback/Heyman Hell in a Cell match be interesting, but I'm happy to see that Big E Langston's finally doing something relevant, by going after Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Championship. Maybe he can be the guy to make the title interesting again, after being nothing more than a show piece for Axel these past few months.

Years
^ YES! YES! YES!

Hell in a Cell actually has me excited for a PPV for the first time in a while. Orton/Bryan has my attention in the HIAC, and you can never go wrong with an appearance from HBShizzle. Cena/Del Rio, eh... As I've said, it'll be kinda refreshing with Cena back in a "mid-card" feud. Of course, the WHC isn't a "mid-card" championship, but Cena won't be closing the show = change of pace. Punk/(Heyman/Ryback) will hopefully be the finale of a pretty damn good feud between Punk/Heyman, and then Punk can move onto bigger things, and so can Ryback. The triple threat tag match will be good. Rhodes Dynasty/The Shield have been putting on TREMENDOUS matches as of late, and I can't imagine this one will be any different, especially with the Usos added to it. Brie/AJ, well, I can't say that I'm emotionally invested into it, but I'm a fan of AJ, so...

Also, according to WWE's site, Big E/Axel was announced. I might've missed it on RAW, but... DAMN! I'm happy for Big E. Hopefully, he capitalizes and makes the IC title interesting again, much like Mr. Brendino said above me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
At Hell in a Cell, I'm expecting Cena to be the victor on his match against Del Rio. Since Del Rio's clearly aligned himself with The Administration, I could see him get some of their help in an attempt to regain the title. This could, one way or the other, drag John into the current program between Orton, Bryan, Rhodes brothers, and The Administration, and involve both major titles into the same feud. Personally, I'd find it really interesting to see how it all play out. :) It's been quite a long time since we've both main-event titles in the same, exact story, hasn't it?

Dean Ambrose seemed to have hurt himself last night, by the way. He's tweaked his ankle. D: Due to this, we may see less of him during the coming weeks. It sucks though, because right now, he's one of my most favorite guys on the roster. The way he plays his character reminds me a lot about Razor Ramon—I just love that. Give him a toothpick to chew, and he'd be a complete replica. Haha.

Years
Cena will probably win, and if him/Del Rio join this feud with The Authority (although, I LOVE the name 'The Administration' better...), it'll make this feud that much more important. It could eventually lead to a full-on war between, well, the Superstars and The Authority.

Bryan, Cena, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, and The Big Show vs. Randy Orton, The Shield, and Del Rio (led by Triple H + Stephanie). It has Survivor Series written all over it, if they choose to go that route so soon.

They could even bring back the other 10 guys that rebelled against The Authority that one night on RAW as part of it, to give the Superstars that extra bit of encouragement/motivation, to make them feel like they're fighting for a cause.

Back