• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The Hoenn region is my favorite region too. In fact, I'd say it's the best region period. There's so much to see and explore! I think after a year of playing Sapphire, I was still discovering new areas. Plus the climate...the tropical climate just gives it a warm pleasant kind of feel.

I don't think remakes of Ruby and Sapphire are necessary. Instead, I think they should just make games where you go back to the Hoenn region, kind of like sequels to Ruby and Sapphire. It'd be really cool to go back to the region finally, and see it in full 3D. Plus I'd like to see what became of Brendan, May, and Wally. It'd be really cool if Wally was the champion :D

Dear Nintendo, please make sequels to Ruby and Sapphire. Pretty please :3

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
As you can see from the screenshots, there are many references to the Hoenn region and Ruby/Sapphire.

The problem is that there are lots of references to other regions as well, plus there is the traveller who states that he comes from a completely new region which could ALSO have a hotsprings outside the Pokecenter as far as we know.

I would LOVE a remake of R/S/E, despite the fact I've been playing from the very start, Ruby is my favourite version of all time... plus they're coming up for their 10th anniversary too. However, if they do knock new versions out they HAVE to keep everything in tact! Berries, Contests, bases, everything!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Honestly I'm expecting Z to come out before remakes in 2015 as going by the pattern that's when Zygarde will likely get it's movie, and thus far virtually every third version has come out during their mascot's movie...look at Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem...and that movie tends to be the second of their saga (with Johto's beginning with 3rd movie of the original saga if I'm calculating correctly...). Unless we have remakes next year or in 2015 like how Japan got both FrLg and Emerald in the same year...would be nice if so...Z in early 2015 and remakes to end the generation. Then Gen VI in 2016 or 2017.

Guy

just a guy
Years
So, anyone else thinking the use of Bridgette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire is another hint at potential remakes? Other than it making logical sense to use her character as the controller for PokéBank. I mean, they could have always just created an entirely new NPC or host instead of using someone from the past. Also, fun fact for those who aren't aware, Bridgette is Lanette's sister.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Gamefreak really needs to listen to the fans. Nobody wants no crappy sequels. We want a damn remake. R/S is eleven years old, so they dont have much of a choice to make one. Even if they do make a X2/Y2 or a Z, bring ot to Hoenn.

Only Hoenn fans want remakes. Pokémon needs to move forward.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
People seem to forget why the remakes of Red/Blue/Green and Gold/Silver happened in the first place: the games were no longer compatible with the 3rd generation onwards.

That's not the case with Ruby/Saphire, therefore I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
So, anyone else thinking the use of Bridgette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire is another hint at potential remakes? Other than it making logical sense to use her character as the controller for PokéBank. I mean, they could have always just created an entirely new NPC or host instead of using someone from the past. Also, fun fact for those who aren't aware, Bridgette is Lanette's sister.
I saw the news of this on Serebii last night. Or early this morning. I dunno. Hard to keep track of time when you're sleep deprived.
Anywho, I was excited by this, because with Bridgett returning to man the Pokebank boxes, as she did with the boxes in R/S means that it can't be a mere coincidence

fingers grossed that GameFreak will allow us to more easily trade from the GC games to the 3DS with this R/S remake.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Probably the same case for HGSS. Since G/S/C also got the red card, they had to remake it for compatibility at some point. (I don't recall acquiring the legendary dog trio elsewhere, at least)

Acctually there were two ways to get the Johto legendary beasts in Gen III. In FR/LG one would roam after you beat the Elite Four, it was based on which starter you chose. In Colloseum you could find them and although it was not a main series game, it was possible to transfer them to your Gen III game once you beat Colloseum. Emerald's safari zone included the last few Gen II Pokemon that had not already been included in R/S/FR/LG. The only real holdout was Ho-Oh and Lugia which were both on an island you needed an event ticket to get to. However, you could get Ho-Oh in Colloseum and Lugia in XD on the game cube and transfer them over(a LOT of work to do).

People seem to forget why the remakes of Red/Blue/Green and Gold/Silver happened in the first place: the games were no longer compatible with the 3rd generation onwards.

That's not the case with Ruby/Saphire, therefore I don't see it happening anytime soon.

However, Gen III is that much less compatible with the current generation due to the Slot-2 being removed on the DS-i and forward devices. (which for that matter makes even the Gen I remakes that much less compatible).

I plan on keeping all my Gen III games, as well as hardware to play them on, I have not seen a Gen III re-make as a possibility, but I would also be very happy if they did one.

My only real worry with a R/S remake would be that then people would start to expect one for D/P.

Gen I and Gen II both needed one. Gen III would be nice, but we still really have access to. Gen IV would start to get redundant.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
However, Gen III is that much less compatible with the current generation due to the Slot-2 being removed on the DS-i and forward devices. (which for that matter makes even the Gen I remakes that much less compatible).

Doesn't matter. You can still take a Pokémon from any 3rd Gen game and move it up to current games. That was impossible with the 1st and 2nd Gen, that's why they got remade.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Doesn't matter. You can still take a Pokémon from any 3rd Gen game and move it up to current games. That was impossible with the 1st and 2nd Gen, that's why they got remade.

Correct. It is possible. In fact there are still a few reasons to keep playing the originals... for example Chansey was able to learn Seismic Toss as a tutor move in Gen III. Capturing the legendary Golems in Gen III and bringing them into IV allowed you to wake Reggiggas, the only other way to get the Golem trio is to first get an event Reggiggas and collect the trio in Platinum.

I can probably come up with other reasons why Gen III is still very much applicable to today. My statement was more that a lot of people traded in their original DS or DS Lite when they bought their 3DS to move forward into the new generation (I know someone who traded theirs when the DS-i came out).

For me... I still own a GBA and the cables to connect to the Game cube so that I can still access Colloseum and XD. I kept my DS Lite, and although I have not migrated many Pokemon forward in some time, I still find reason to here and there. I still do an occasional breeding project in Gen III, and grinding levels goes SOOOO much faster on an egg hatched Pokemon by trading it to Colloseum and battling on Mt. Battle.

Fundementally, I agree with you. I was pointing out the reason there are those that expect a Gen III remake (and once again: Although I do NOT believe one is coming, I would buy it and be happy that it was here should one happen).

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
My statement was more that a lot of people traded in their original DS or DS Lite when they bought their 3DS to move forward into the new generation

I understand that, but then that would open an whole can of worms since one could claim they need a remake of ever game once a new generation comes up. People could have traded or sold their previous game to buy the new one as well and lost access to them.

All I'm saying is that since those are the reasons for why they remade Red/Blue and Gold/Silver, there is no reason to expect more remakes in the near future (that doesn't mean it won't/can't happen though).

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
What is more fun than an ORIGINAL Pokemon game? Just remake an old game.

I want an ORIGINAL game set in Hoenn.

The only reson to remake Gen3 is to update the graphics. Which means it wouldn't be a "RE-make" GF would have to make EVERYTHING from whole cloth.

Making a Hoenn remake would cost the same as making a Brand New Game. And an original game would sell better, so why would they make the less profitable choice?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
What is more fun than an ORIGINAL Pokemon game? Just remake an old game.

I want an ORIGINAL game set in Hoenn.

The only reson to remake Gen3 is to update the graphics. Which means it wouldn't be a "RE-make" GF would have to make EVERYTHING from whole cloth.

Making a Hoenn remake would cost the same as making a Brand New Game. And an original game would sell better, so why would they make the less profitable choice?

I do not think a re-make would be less profitable. The work would be similar to a full new game, there would be more updates than just graphics true. The story would probably have minor changes to make it better fit with the current generation of games (they did little tweaks to HG/SS). But the HG/SS games I am sure sold well, I know they brought older players out of the woodwork who had not played Gen III or Gen IV but had fond memories of the originals.

I think there is less love for Gen III (not from me... just conversations I have witnessed) and I do not think there would be huge fan fare like there was for HG/SS. Just saying. I know I would pre-order it if it happened. But I would not expect to see it be huge. I think a new game taking place in an older region would confuse newer players.

The only reason I have for not wanting to see a Hoen remake is that I really fear that people will start to expect a remake every few years, and that clearly isn't neccessary.

As I recall:
The Gen I remake was primarily to make it possible to fill the National Dex in Gen III. The post game areas of LG/FR included places to catch Smeargle and Unown. I do not recall what other Gen II pokemon LG/FR brought back. I do recall that in addition to R/S and FR/LG you still needed either the GameCube games, or the Safari Zone from Emerald to complete the national Dex.

HG/SS were re-made so that Gen I and Gen II Pokemon that were missing from Gen IV could be caught without needing to use Slot-2 and Pal Park to fill your National Dex.

As of now, a 3DS has access to fill a National Dex through a combination of Gen IV-V-VI, which doesn't give the previous excuse used for the earlier re-makes.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I look forward to these remakes if they come.. does anyone have any information on these remakes?
The only information is that some fans want them, some fans do not. Not a word has been said about them by Game Freak or whatnot, which isn't surprising.
The Gen I remake was primarily to make it possible to fill the National Dex in Gen III. The post game areas of LG/FR included places to catch Smeargle and Unown. I do not recall what other Gen II pokemon LG/FR brought back.
Well, it would be a reason, but let's not forget the primary reason was to make money. ;p
HG/SS were re-made so that Gen I and Gen II Pokemon that were missing from Gen IV could be caught without needing to use Slot-2 and Pal Park to fill your National Dex.
This however is less convincing. A fair amount of Pokemon were available even ignoring those options, and really to ignore Pal Park would also require ignoring the ability to use the Pokemon Bank as you mentioned in the following paragraph. Both then and now all the Pokemon were available by transferring from previous generations, and HGSS was again not remade to make Pokemon available as much as just being a profitable avenue.

Outlier

Why can you buy dive balls in X & Y even though there is no diving in these games? This out of all of the Hoenn references is the biggest indication that remakes will be made, most likely this gen.

Years
Because the Dive Ball works on every water-living Pokémon after Gen III. Also, it has been in every game after Generation 3, and you couldn't dive in those either (except Gen V).

Also, I remember there being something that looked like an underwater battle in one of the trailers, so maybe diving was simply planned for X&Y, but then scrapped^^

Outlier

You're right I forgot there was no diving in gen 4. I don't get why they bother putting dive balls in the games that don't have diving in them though. Net balls serve the same function for capturing water types easier.

Years
Not entirely. Net balls give you a catch rate of 3 for all Bug- or Water-type Pokémon, while the diving ball gives you a 3.5 multiplier for all Pokémon you encounter while Fishing, Surfing or Diving.
That is somewhat of a difference, even though, of course, most of the Pokémon encountered in the water are Water-typed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back