• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think I'm just missing something here (Excuse my apparent borderline idiocy), but how god's name do you unblock the gym in Splurge City? The kid is complaining about how his legs are stiff (Which leads me to believe I need an item or something, but idk xD)

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
Well, catch a Pokemon in this Ball:

Spoiler:
Shiny Ball

How do you get it? Find out. I'll give a hint: It involves a game.

After, catch a Pokemon, and see if the shiny animation plays, or catch another Dratini and compare the differences, if they are in the wild.

I know this. If you looked at my previous post you will see that I have indeed received my Shiny Ball from the Pachisi game.

I think I'm just missing something here (Excuse my apparent borderline idiocy), but how god's name do you unblock the gym in Splurge City? The kid is complaining about how his legs are stiff (Which leads me to believe I need an item or something, but idk xD)

Well, you don't yet. It's a beta after all.

KBM I love your Day-Care Center. As you probably know, every time you release a Beta or patch I open up a seperate save file to find areas that are not yet completed. On your first Beta, I found the "You suck Hacker" which I found rather funny. Anyways, the Day-Care center is great. I think it is in fact better than the design for the original. I like the multiple areas representing different types of Pokemon. I think it would be really neat if you put a small mountain for Rock/Ground/Steel/Fire Pokemon.

For those who wish to see the Day-Care center, just use the walk thorugh walls code and go south of where the unfinished bridge is.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Oh my god. A shiny Taillow, only a few hours into my current game.

Naturally, I caught it and plan to use it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
I was experimenting with finding Missingno in Prism by encountering pokemon at the end of the list, and found something called "END LIST" and 2 pokemon I won't name. ;) But I'll give a hint for you CBM, one had a ugly sprite and the other had a completely messed up sprite and everything else about them was fine.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well, you don't yet. It's a beta after all.

In that case I'm completely lost =3 In the only other direction where the bridge is, the kid is blocking it tying his shoes again =P. I don't have any HMs whatsoever (And if I'm just missing Cut, then I can probably figure out where), so basically I just don't even know where to go at this point =P

EDIT: PS: I only have the first gym badge from the Fire gym leader =P

Wow I'm an idiot, how did I miss the passage going up xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
By the way what item got replaced by Cloth? I want to know what item we can't get in Prism that was in Gold.

Years
A few more bugs (see attachments for screens):

1. Snorlax is misspelled.

2. Tile error with the bottoms of the trees on the right.

3. This guy speaks sprite, apparently.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
A few more bugs (see attachments for screens):

1. Snorlax is misspelled.

2. Tile error with the bottoms of the trees on the right.

3. This guy speaks sprite, apparently.

1. Fixed in the 8 PM PST update last night
2. Best I can do with only 4 colors per tile
3. Apparently you missed the part that that takes place in a dream world.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
This may seem like a dumb question, but whatever happened to the apartment system you were talking about in the previous thread? Did it get completely cut, or did it just get moved somewhere else to be used in another beta? I noticed that the building in Spurge City was gone.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
This may seem like a dumb question, but whatever happened to the apartment system you were talking about in the previous thread? Did it get completely cut, or did it just get moved somewhere else to be used in another beta? I noticed that the building in Spurge City was gone.

It'll return in later versions don't worry. I'm totally redoing the whole concept.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
So, what item was replaced by cloth? I need to know what item is unobtainable because of cloth.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
CBM, trainers like Rinji are still using struggle despite the bugfix. You need to check all the trainers in the beta.

That's funny because I just tested it out a minute ago and nothing's wrong with Rinji. He uses Razor Leaf, Tackle, Vine Whip, Growl, and more on all three Pokemon and I'm using a Gold ROM that I just patched with the latest version to test it out.

20ux53k.png

So, what item was replaced by cloth? I need to know what item is unobtainable because of cloth.

Unused items called "Teru Sama"s

Years
Hmm..I don't have to start an entirely new file after I add the bugfix do I? I don't think so since other things like Lotad's stats were fixed...anyways, I got the bugfix from the download link on the website. I hope that Rinji and any other trainers get fixed soon. Good luck CBM!

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Hmm..I don't have to start an entirely new file after I add the bugfix do I? I don't think so since other things like Lotad's stats were fixed...anyways, I got the bugfix from the download link on the website. I hope that Rinji and any other trainers get fixed soon. Good luck CBM!

No just start off where you left off. I'll test the patch on the website to see if it messes it up in a minute.

Edit: I just tested the patch on rijon.com and Rinji attacks without Struggle. You probably used the 8/02/10 version from Monday. The 8/03/10 version from Yesterday has the trainer fix.

The glitch was not caused by bad trainer data entries, but a glitch in the programming. So I fixed that part of the programming and now it works fine.

Years
Wow, this is an odd situation then. I went to the website, downloaded the patch again (the link underneath the boxart), and checked the readme. it says its the august 3 update. And yet it doesn't work...I'm sure I have a clean ROM, the other bugfixes worked and the game plays fine, except for that one glitch.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Wow, this is an odd situation then. I went to the website, downloaded the patch again (the link underneath the boxart), and checked the readme. it says its the august 3 update. And yet it doesn't work...I'm sure I have a clean ROM, the other bugfixes worked and the game plays fine, except for that one glitch.

Oh I think I know what you did wrong. Are you patching over the previous Prism version? If so than that's not going to fix that problem. Download a new clean ROM, patch over that, delete the old prism version, then rename the new prism version the same name as the old prism version. If you did that, email me a save state or sav file at [email protected] so I can actually trace this.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
lolwut? Why does the clock say it is too fast to surf on?

Because that shelf a science fair experiment showcasing wave currents and the person turned it up to the max. So it would be torture for your Pokemon to surf on it even if it was small enough.

I think it's too complicated for people to understand. So I'll just remove it in the next update.

Back