• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rose Studios (ASM and Music hacking experience, Spriting sought)

Bela

Banned
Years
[a id]rose_top[/a id]

[a id]rose_intro[/a id]Rose Studios

Introduction:

Hi everyone! I'm interested in finding experienced hackers who can offer their skills and help me complete the hack I'm working on (click the banner below to view the main hack thread). At its core, Pokemon Rose is a story. This story is one I have been developing for years now; as such, the storyline is complete with much time spent revising it. This hack is my effort to tell that story in a medium where others can experience and enjoy it.

However, I feel I cannot do everything I want on my own to complete this project. This is what I hope you may help me with!

Current Project:

Available Positions:

I'll make changes to this as time goes on. For now, this is the stuff that I immediately see I am in need of. (Later on I'll need things like Beta Testers.)

• Spriter (Trainer sprites, other graphics)
    • Trainer sprites (PM for details if interested.)
    • New Battle backgrounds
    • There's a few experiments for tiles I want to try out for this hack, which of course would require some experience with tiles.
    • Also, full-art images for certain "cutscenes" are something I'd like to try out. This would require something experienced in pixel art.
  • Music Hacker (composition, insertion)
    • New compositions
    • Determining voicegroups to use

Submission Form:

What are you applying for (specify which aspect of a job you can do):
Other skills you have:
How long have you been hacking:
Other hacks you may have worked on:
Proof of previous work:
How often you visit Pokecommunity (provide timezone as well):
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc):

Progress:

• Mapping: For the most part, this is complete. In terms of mapping, I wouldn't mind receiving another's opinion of the quality of maps/palettes/etc. Overall, I'd say this about 90% done.
  • Scripting - As of this writing, I am finishing up the 6th gym town. I would estimate this to be about 50% of the game.
  • Spriting: Most Overworld sprites have been created, really it's just the Trainer sprites and potentially new Pokemon sprites that need to be done.

Current Members:

Bela - Mapping, Scripting, Spriting, Storyline
Darthatron - ASM, Hex editing

Contributors to Project:

Art - Black Rayquaza, Metagross, Xous, NP
CSS - Charizard88
Music - SuperiorLarxene (Youtube)
Sprites - NiKaNoRoU, Amachi
ASM, Hex Editing - Darthatron

Last edited:

The dragon tamer

Legendary Dragon Sage
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
What are you applying for (specify which aspect of a job you can do):Spriter(Trainer and Pokemon spriting).
Other skills you have:Mapper,Pokemon Info Editor,Story Writer/Editor.
How long have you been hacking:For about 7 monthes.
Other hacks you may have worked on:I'm currently working on Pokemon:The Five Kingdoms(Team ...Destiny).
Proof of previous work:Trainer and Pokemon Sprites in the attachments(Some are not finished).
How often you visit Pokecommunity (provide timezone as well):I'm visiting every day and the my timezone is (UTC+3)Baghdad,Riyadh,Moscow,St.Petersburg.
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc):I prefer PM/VM but if you want my MSN address just PM me.

Last edited:

Bela

Banned
Years
What are you applying for (specify which aspect of a job you can do):Spriter(Trainer and Pokemon spriting).
Other skills you have:Mapper,Pokemon Info Editor,Story Writer/Editor.
How long have you been hacking:For about 7 monthes.
Other hacks you may have worked on:I'm currently working on Pokemon:The Five Kingdoms(Team ...Destiny).
Proof of previous work:Trainer and Pokemon Sprites in the attachments(Some are not finished).
How often you visit Pokecommunity (provide timezone as well):I'm visiting every day and the my timezone is (UTC+3)Baghdad,Riyadh,Moscow,St.Petersburg.
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc):I prefer PM/VM but if you want my MSN address just PM me.

Alright, I'd like to see what you can do with sprites. Although I should be clear that I would like something original, and not something that is just an edited pre-existing in-game sprite.

I'll PM you some details for Trainer sprites I have in mind.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
What are you applying for (specify which aspect of a job you can do): ASM.
Other skills you have: Scripting, basic mapping, "storytelling" (although I...am not that good if I must say so myself) I can also do music if I really feel like it...
How long have you been hacking: a year.
Other hacks you may have worked on: I'm working with SwiftSign but he's dormant so I'll do something else with this as of now.
Proof of previous work: Emerald ROM Map (not finished), uh...TRUST ME ON THIS ONE
How often you visit Pokecommunity (provide timezone as well): Every day with UTC -7 (Pleasanton CA 94566)
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc): Skype but I'm usually off.

Bela

Banned
Years
What are you applying for (specify which aspect of a job you can do): ASM.
Other skills you have: Scripting, basic mapping, "storytelling" (although I...am not that good if I must say so myself) I can also do music if I really feel like it...
How long have you been hacking: a year.
Other hacks you may have worked on: I'm working with SwiftSign but he's dormant so I'll do something else with this as of now.
Proof of previous work: Emerald ROM Map (not finished), uh...TRUST ME ON THIS ONE
How often you visit Pokecommunity (provide timezone as well): Every day with UTC -7 (Pleasanton CA 94566)
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc): Skype but I'm usually off.

Okay, you're in. :) Let's see what you can do with ASM. :P

I'll PM you with details.

The dragon tamer

Legendary Dragon Sage
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
Hello!I'm really happy to present to you Mae's finished sprite!I hope that you will like it and that you have read the PM that I've sent to you.

Last edited:

The dragon tamer

Legendary Dragon Sage
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
Hello.I've finally finished Eyelene's sprite.I hope that you will like it.

Last edited:

Bela

Banned
Years
I truly appreciate your spriting prowess, The dragon tamer. =)

So much is going right at the moment! We're working on scripts, sprites, asm, music, and more!

And don't forget folks--we're still accepting applications! =D

Bela

Banned
Years
Update! Say hello to our new member, Kagebunji!

Also I've been keeping myself rather busy with this project. Let's hope to finish up tiling/mapping soon!

Years
Heh, glad to be the part of the team. I also see that Darth helped you on some ASM and stuff. We know each other from other forum :D

Anyway, hello people. Hopefully we will acomplish even more great things together, hmhm.

Bela

Banned
Years
Just letting everyone know that this project is still alive, and being worked on very hard! Let me know if you are interested in either helping Rose with sprites or in the music hacking department. =]

Bela

Banned
Years
Hey there everyone!

Is there anyone out there who wants to compose music for Rose? Let me know if you are interested!

BlueEon

Weavile
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
The layout of the thread is so cool, I thought I was on another website!

Anyways, I'd like to join for the trainer spriting spot.

What are you applying for (specify which aspect of a job you can do):Trainer spriting
Other skills you have:Mapping...?
How long have you been hacking:2 year?
Other hacks you may have worked on: A lot, but I don't reaaly remeber :/ . Sorry.
Proof of previous work:http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/wasay3/library/?sort=3&page=1
How often you visit Pokecommunity (provide timezone as well): Each day, for more than an hour. Timezone: +5 Hours
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc): FB, Pm's

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Skill(s): Sprites
Proof of Work: Pm if you want the link
Past Experience: Currently working on spriting for Pokemon scarlet red
Contact Information (Preferably Skype): email: [email protected]
Time Zone: Eastern time Canada

Pls pm if I am Accepted!!

Back