• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take for you to become bored of Black City/White Forest?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I have Black, restarted my first saved file in July, and I'd say around late August/early September I was bored of Black City. It was nice having additional trainers to battle when my pokemon were still relatively low-leveled compared to many others in post-league play, but now it's just eh.

The only reason I'm still giving Black City any mind is because when I first got Black at release I didn't have anyone in my city due to taking my jolly 'ole time getting there. So what about the rest of you?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
In White 1, I became bored with in a few visits. There was really no reason to catch the baby pokemon/ pre evo pokemon because I was just transferring them from HG which I had already had most at the time. I didn't even like Black City in my Black 1, so I didn't go there much, mainly because you could find enough stones throughout the game and didn't have to buy any.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
As bad as it sounds not very long. ;A;
In White, White Forest just got smaller and smaller every time I visited, and eventually became empty of all grass. In White 2, there is only the Tree Hollow, and that didn't take too long for me to just get impatient with. I wish they made like, something else to do in each. Maybe like little cafes, or something other than just trees and grass to make me wanna explore more.

Years
Black city and White forest I think was a good concept that was executed very poorly. Every time you go there, unless you link up somehow there's same thing every single time, with the added agony of having to visit there constantly otherwise the place gets emptied. It's just inane how Game freak made a good concept into such a boring space filler.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
I HATED the first black city and white forest, now it's a bit more fun. A bit........

- ShiftFG

Years
I never really spent any time there - it never caught my interest.
Plus I had black and black 2 - I'm more of a natur type rather than a city type. I thought white forest at least looked pretty.. unlike black city. 3: <

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
i think it was different so i played around in it looked around but for replay no never it had nothing that interesting to keep me around

Years
Hate to say that I got bored with it after 2, maybe 3 visits to the White Forest. I remember reading about all the Pokemon you could eventually find there before I first played, and ended up being disappointed at all the work that you had to do to get them to show up, and the fact it was only a post-game area.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I think of them as a chore.I just went through them for the evolutionary items.
I also think that the treehollow is a little better due to the plants.
It did help me improve my stealth skills.(Avoid every trainer till the gate one)

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
I didn't come back anymore after finishing it. Well, maybe I did come back once for level grinding, but there's nothing that much in it for me to repeat :\

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
As soon as I got into White Forest I talked to all the trainers, got bored, and left. I do plan on coming back when I'm at the level so I can beat Benga because I want that shiny! : P

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
As of today I'm not bored of White Treehollow and Black Tower, battling trainers there are one of the ways to make money and to level up Pokémon. Not to mentioned about the BGM in White Treehollow and Black Tower are awesome! One can also visit stalls in White Forest or the Shop in Black City to buy evolutionary items!

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I hated Black City but thought White Forest was quite interesting, in B/W1 at least. I find both to be very boring now our days though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I thought Black City would always be cool, never liked White Forest though so idk how that would've worked out. Tree Hollow was meh, but you know free Pokemon at the end. It was more tedious than anything.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I took too long to get to White Forest in the first place in White, so it was already a barren wasteland when I arrived. I thought the concept was neat, but I wish it didn't empty itself over time. I haven't really bothered to go there in BW2, so I don't have a strong opinion on the area in those games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've gotten bored of White Forest pretty quickly. There were some grasses there, but they were all occupied with Pokémon that I had already caught. I knew that you were able to use the Entralink feature to increase the amount of Pokémon that can be found in your forest, but I have never bothered using it because I found it to be a bit of a hassle. xD I love what they've done with the White Forest in White 2, though! They've placed something known as a Treehollow, where you can battle various trainers to earn rewards. That's pretty cool! As for Black City... I've never been there, so unfortunately, I have nothing to say about it. D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I have never tried Black city or white forest believe it or not. I wanted to, but I find myself doing other things, like EV training, Join Avenue, Dream World, Pokestar Studios, Legendary hunting, Making money, Battles in Nimbasa city, PWT; damn there is a lot to do in these games.

What is Black city and White forest like? What is there to do?

Back