• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Johto

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
Pokémon Johto Project
Created with Pokémon Essentials
___________________________________________________________​
Before you read futher, there is a blog completely dedicated to Pokémon Johto. It is referenced in the Media Spoiler as well a my Signature. Or you can visit here:
http://pokemonjohtoproject.blogspot.com/
Introduction:
Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:
Media:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Downloads:
Spoiler:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I tried it and was thoroughly unimpressed, I've seen several games such as this and thats how I compared it - as well as to the cannon game itself - such as the rival not pushing you back, that really upset me, and the fact you are holding the egg (I wanted to see if I could hatch it, but gave up) and the fact you get a kanto starter when it should be the johto ones - not to mention you dont look like kris or ethan (crystal or gold) it really makes it feel out of place
and I was upset I saw oak in the intro, but he was thomas in the game, that was weird and bothered me - I stopped playing around the time I told the police about the kid, but it also upset me that he was gary and not kamon (silver)
I also found it weird that elm was in 4th gen graphics while everything else was in 3rd gen
I just felt that overrall there was nothing that really set this game apart from the thousands of others

Last edited:

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
I am sorry you feel that way. Here is some explanation for a few of your thoughts. I am currently in medical school and married, thus not allowing me enough time to re-sprite, re-color, etc. Therefore multiple graphics are out of place, name it-what have you. Secondly, various names are changed ie: Thomas because he is a dear friend and he wanted me to put him in the game that way. I made this game not to impress anyone else but upon the premise there of for my friends. I wasn't going to release it by any means at any point in time.
But I humbly thank you for your input as well as your time given to actually play some of it.

Back