• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah. We saw Pinkie's whole family when the Cutie Mark Crusaders were going around asking the Mane Six how they got their Cutie Marks. She had a father, a mother, and two siblings. Then we've obviously seen Applejack's family and Twilight's parents were in her flashback. As for Rarity she has Sweetie Belle, but Fluttershy only has her pet(s) and Dash has no one (possibly until we see the episode in which she chooses a pet, mind you).

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Yeah. We saw Pinkie's whole family when the Cutie Mark Crusaders were going around asking the Mane Six how they got their Cutie Marks. She had a father, a mother, and two siblings. Then we've obviously seen Applejack's family and Twilight's parents were in her flashback. As for Rarity she has Sweetie Belle, but Fluttershy only has her pet(s) and Dash has no one (possibly until we see the episode in which she chooses a pet, mind you).

Doi. I totally forgot about them. Pinkie had onscreen parents! *facehoof*

Rarity has not had on-screen parents either. The only on-screen family member she has is her sister, Sweetie Belle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I know, however, the point I'm making is that we haven't seen any family for Fluttershy (unless you want to count her pet) and Rainbow Dash. A sister is still family.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
We don't know Pinkie's true parents (Mr. and Mrs. Cake appear to be caretakers of her).

I would like to see back-stories that include us seeing Rainbow and Fluttershy's on-screen parents.

True, something always seemed suspicious about her story, besides, who would farm ROCKS of all things and why?

Also, didn't Fluttershy's family worry about her when she fell from Cloudsdale, never to be seen again, since Rainbow Dash's race with the other pegasi was for Fluttershy, yet when Rainbow Dash got her Cutie Mark, it seemed like she forgot everything about Fluttershy since she was too excited about getting her mark, and never saw her again until the first episode, where they act like they met each other for the first time ever.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That was probably the writers not thinking about their backstories at the time, and then deciding that they were going to intertwine their fates together, that Dash would have been backing up Fluttershy. There is the fact that since Dash didn't say her name when backing her up, Dash might have not realized/forgotten that it was Fluttershy when they met in the first episode., but then realized it between the first episode and when the Mutie Mark Crusaders went and asked her about her Cutie Mark.

As for Fluttershy's parents, they could have easily been at work somewhere. Also, they were at Summer Flight Camp when it happened, so I think it would have been nearly impossible for her parents to have been there unless they were instructors or something.

And we cleared it up with Pinkie's story. Sweet Candance forgot about that flashback.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
That was probably the writers not thinking about their backstories at the time, and then deciding that they were going to intertwine their fates together, that Dash would have been backing up Fluttershy. There is the fact that since Dash didn't say her name when backing her up, Dash might have not realized/forgotten that it was Fluttershy when they met in the first episode., but then realized it between the first episode and when the Mutie Mark Crusaders went and asked her about her Cutie Mark.

As for Fluttershy's parents, they could have easily been at work somewhere. Also, they were at Summer Flight Camp when it happened, so I think it would have been nearly impossible for her parents to have been there unless they were instructors or something.

And we cleared it up with Pinkie's story. Sweet Candance forgot about that flashback.

We are the Mutie Mark Crusaders. LOL. I always thought they were the Cutie Mark Crusaders. (We all make mistakes)

I still think a good flashback should solve issues we have about what Dash's and Fluttershy's parents might be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ugh. Really? Somehow when I was rereading my post someone would mention my typo. I'm not a fan of people commenting on my mistakes because it's has become redundant (I make them a lot, so yeah. Just ignore them in the future).

A flashback would be a nice way as well. So would an episode, like for one of them their family or parents were off doing... something and they came to visit. Seeing as Trixie and others came from another place other than the three main places we know of. Same goes for Rarity's parents. Though Sweetie Belle doesn't seem to live with Rarity (correct me if I'm wrong), so there's the chance of her parents being in Ponyville.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
So would that mean that Sweetie Belle travels from Canterlot to go to school, or does she live with Rarity.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
- Favorite Episode: S01E20: Green Isn't Your Color.
- Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie.
- Favorite Side Pony: Does Derpy count? :V
- About Me: First of all, I should probably mention that I was never a fan of MLP until I started watching FiM a few months ago. It's a lot of fun and totally addicting, though it irks me how seriously some of the haters take it.

Hey guys. :3

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Rarity moving to Ponyville from Canterlot strikes up an immediate contradiction.
"Canterlot!? How I've dreamed of living there! Oh, the sophistication, the fashion, the glamour! Oh, we're going to be the best of friends, you and I!"
It was something like that. Anywho. o3o

Welcome, Inkpuddle! :D
Derpy counts! xD;
I mean, she may be just a background character, but she's pretty much canon now, I guess! So yeah. xDD;;
Are you up to the latest episode, or are you still going through it? o3o

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Welcome, Inkpuddle! :D
Derpy counts! xD;
I mean, she may be just a background character, but she's pretty much canon now, I guess! So yeah. xDD;;
Are you up to the latest episode, or are you still going through it? o3o
I'm fully caught up and eagerly awaiting this morning's episode. :D I may not have access to a TV, but the episodes hit the Internet so quickly that it doesn't really matter. x3

I agree, Derpy has pretty much achieved official status. She's even part of this season's script IIRC. xD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm fully caught up and eagerly awaiting this morning's episode. :D I may not have access to a TV, but the episodes hit the Internet so quickly that it doesn't really matter. x3

I agree, Derpy has pretty much achieved official status. She's even part of this season's script IIRC. xD

Awesome! Hey, why don't you join one of the livestreams that are up?
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/season-two-mare-thons-livestreams-and.html
It says for episode 1, but most of those should also be doing the livestreams for the latest episodes. So, yeah! xD;

I wonder if they'll actually give Derpy some lines sometimes. Or just huge cameos like she's been doing so far. o3o
Time will tell! :D

Also, I was bored so...

You may or may not cringe. o3o

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Woah.... Damn it forgive me for that tone, I just woke up and I'm sick...again... Sigh, I missed the episode still waiting for the 12:30pm reairing, now.

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Woah.... Damn it forgive me for that tone, I just woke up and I'm sick...again... Sigh, I missed the episode still waiting for the 12:30pm reairing, now.

There never was a 12:30 PM reairing, It was Majors and Minors instead of MLP:FiM, needless to say, I was NOT happy, as I was trying hard to get my mom into watching the show, only to find out that it wasn't on at all at that time slot.

Thanks for trolling us hard Hub!

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
Guys, don't start talking nasty about the Hub. Move on, please. We can start talking about next week's new episode, The Cutie Pox now, what we can start guessing what kinds of cutie marks we'll see Apple Bloom get all over her body.

Back