• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you listening to? [Don't embed the videos!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Been listening to this little gem of a song and thought I share the love since it's pretty catchy if you ask me. When Doves Cry by Prince (Finnebassen Remix)

Sir Codin

One of the more notable second wave thrash bands.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Blur- Parklife

I thought I give Blur more of a chance and the more I listen to them , the more I like them. I wouldn't put them in my top 10 favorite bands, but pretty great. Maybe it's the new earphones I bought talking.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Snoop Lion - Here Comes The King

Gonna be honest, I like Lion more than Dogg now. Especially after Dogg lost my respect when he was going through that guest singer phase.

Sir Codin

I may not be high, but it sure as hell sounds thousands of times more awesome when drunk, so it deserves the title of "stoner metal" in my book.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
"Snakes for the Divine" - High On Fire

I may not be high, but it sure as hell sounds thousands of times more awesome when drunk, so it deserves the title of "stoner metal" in my book.

That sound really awesome, I'll check out some more of their songs later.

"Never Again" by All Shall Perish

Sir Codin

Best song on Cowboys From Hell.

Sir Codin

Fun fact: that heartbeat was Max Cavalera's then-unborn son.

Guy

just a guy
Years
"Wildflower" ─ The JaneDear Girls

I came across this song on Youtube the other day and decided to give it a listen. It was catchy enough that I've played it a number of times already. That's right, I like country music. Don't judge me. I haven't listened to anything else by The JaneDear Girls though, just this.

Sir Codin

Holy bull testicles in a turkey club sandwich with muenster cheese and a side of fried onions, this. is. AWESOME.

Treecko

Years
Owl City - Metropolis
Out of all the songs on The Midsummer Station , I think this one has a somewhat older Owl City sound to it. More or less, I'm talking about the lyrics. Considering Adam was probably the main writer for this one and along with Matthew Thiessen or Relient K 's frontman co-writing. The Midsummer Station is the only Owl City album that Adam worked with different songwriters and producers , usually he writes and produces all the songs himself. On his own he can create some powerful and whimsical lyrics, but you can tell some of the newer song were co-written by other people cause they somewhat lack that. But something about this song has a bit of older Owl City feel to it lyrically. I mean words like "A thousand miles feels like a million years.Like hundreds of postcards that say I wish you were here." somewhat reminds me of older Owl City. Plus Matthew Thiessen has written some powerful lyrics for Relient K too, also one of my favorite bands. So this song just wins for me and is definitely one of my favorites off TMS.
(long post is long.)

Years

Train - Drive By

I'm not much of a fan of these guys since their music gets overplayed but this song is good though.

Treecko

Years
Owl City - Silhoutte
The fire I began is burning me alive. But I know better than to leave and let it die.

This is definitely the most emotional song off of The Midsummer Station and one of the few that sound like his older material. That's probably because it's one of the few songs on the album that Adam Young (mastermind and only person behind Owl City) written only by himself. On his own, he can write some really beautiful, witty and poetic lyrics and this song definitely shows that. It's so beautiful and almost makes me cry every time I listen.

Sir Codin

Alex and I are alike in so many ways.

Lyrics here:

Spoiler:

Years
Wintersun - Winter Madness
I just love this band, I mean, I loved Ensiferum with Jari (I still like it with Petri) but I think dedicating himself exclusively to Wintersun was the best he could do...

Sir Codin

Some good power metal to make my night better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back