• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2010 And Early 2011 - Files Back

What do you feel if your computer crashes and all your files are disappeared

• Be glad with, because there is more space on my PC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Don't like it, but live with it.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Go cry in a corner.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
I have very good news:
In early 2011 , my computer crashed, but recently I wanted to open a file that I had marked as hidden, so I set hidden files also can be seen. What turned out, the files from before crash were just over TWO YEARS hidden. I'm so thrilled, because early 2011 I burst into tears of the crash.

Years
I love that feeling of discovering old files. It's like travelling back in time. You almost feel as if you were 2 years younger and less cynical.

Years
Backups ftw.

In all seriousness, I usually hate it whenever I lose files. But after a while, files and files pile up, so I usually get forced to delete. I have an external HDD, but even that fills up quite a bit. Needless to say, I am a packrat on computer files. :P

I still have files from 2010 on my computer, but I don't have any OS installs from then. I have at least wiped my PCs once since last year but before doing that, backed up any files I wanted to have on the hard drive.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
If it's something I need, I have it backed up. If it's not, I don't care.

Back