• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add New Pokemon In 15 Easy Steps!

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
so ummmm idk if this question been answer but
so i did all these steps and then i try to import my pokemon and then it says error.image not indexed idk what to do

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
so ummmm idk if this question been answer but
so i did all these steps and then i try to import my pokemon and then it says error.image not indexed idk what to do
Same here, I followed those steps at least 10 times.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Having trouble!

I think i am screwing up around the step where you open both pictures in paint and copy the one onto the other. When i try and import my picture it says it is not indexed, but i can import the picture that looks wrong (the one that i changed the RBGs of)

does anyone know how i can fix this? i really want to put gen 4 evolutions in my ruby hack!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Does anybody know why the sprite turns back to the ? with the name "?????????"

I chose the ??? type (curse) in poke edit pro so it may be why it's causing problems. Also I overwrite poocheyana.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
For anyone having trouble with this method, download the advance series pack and use the sprite editor, it is much easier. I managed to take 10 pokemon front/back/shiny sprites and put them all in my rom in under an hour

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
For anyone having trouble with this method, download the advance series pack and use the sprite editor, it is much easier. I managed to take 10 pokemon front/back/shiny sprites and put them all in my rom in under an hour

Took me about a day to put 3 sprites (MissingNo. GHOST (red/blue/yellow) and a special joke pokemon I'll keep to myself. ;) )

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2019
I was wondering.. Can you have a different pallete for the front sprite and a different pallete for the back sprite?

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
can anyone point me to a tutorial to do this in Pokemon Black? i am starting my own hacked rom :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hmm..
Great job this actually worked....

But still only 25 pokemon can be added huh?

That should be useful... :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I just started putting my own stuff in FR Rom and it's going well, but a big problem I have is I'll put my own original starters in to replace bulba and the others, then when I start new game to test it out, the game freezes right as I walk out of my house, or out of oaks lab, or when I open the start menu, or after everything... T-T
What's going on?? :/

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
Same here, I followed those steps at least 10 times.
Hey, I know you asked this almost two months ago and probably won't see this, but for anybody else having this problem, don't use paint. The windows 7 version dosen't seem to like lower colour depths. Instead use something like photoshop, fireworks, or gimp.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
So I fallowed the steps and my sprite got glitched up. There are no other problems game wise. Its a fire red rom and I do not know if it makes any difference but when it first turned out this way I did the whole thing again and it still did not work. Any idea what I did wrong??

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
step 12 T.T

step 12 doesnt work for me when i try to upload my custom sprite it says "this image isn't indexed. btw MetroGamer is an idiot!!! lololololol"

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I really wish we could add Pokedex entries to the new Pokemon but oh well. BTW, does anyone know where I can get 64x64 versions of Pokemon from Gen 4?

EDIT: Ingame, my pokemon keeps the background colour and he is missing his outline. How do I fix that?

I think i am screwing up around the step where you open both pictures in paint and copy the one onto the other. When i try and import my picture it says it is not indexed, but i can import the picture that looks wrong (the one that i changed the RBGs of)

does anyone know how i can fix this? i really want to put gen 4 evolutions in my ruby hack!

I think paint in W7 makes it 256 colour again, screwing up the whole process. I tried decreasing the colour depth again but ingame it showed up weird(having the pink background, and no outline).

Last edited:
Back