• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Amazing... Thats all I can say the new town looks great. Keep at it everyone.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
aKaDeMiKs, there is already a script that allows for reflections in water. Shouldn't be too hard for Fangking to implement it.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
Fangking, you probably already know this but I think you, Cascade Gonpory, Kangaskid and the rest of us are very talented in what we are doing. I am pleased with how the game is going and I can't wait to play it!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
It's thanks to a magnificent and dedicated staff that my vision is finally coming to life, not to mention the support of all those who have stayed interested over the last year - I thank you all :)

junior403

The Show Must Go On...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Boy, the game looks really awsome!!
Keep it up!!Just one question, this game is for rmxp right?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yes, this is being made in RMXP.

Batista, you made no sense to me.

What's new in the world of Acanthite?

A new, and much better weather system has been made. It's much easier to set up teleports now, and it relies on a timer rather than an ongoing event. It's integrated with ccoa's weather effects script, so I was able to customise the rain effect somewhat. RMXP's default rain is disappointingly out of place in a Pokémon game - so I ripped the graphic from Emerald. I then made a system out of common events that would randomly trigger a weather effect, and also be able to hide it if you went indoors - although if it rains, you can still hear the sound effects, just a bit quieter.

Not only does it rain, but you can also now get a full storm, an overcast effect, and a bright sunlight effect (bright sunlight only occurs during the main day phase, never during morning, evening or night). However, if you travel to the snowcapped region, it will not rain or storm - it sometimes snows or even a full scale blizzard may occur with howling wind to complete the effect.

Time for a few shots

I won't bother taking shots of the storm or blizzard as you can scarcely tell the difference between rain or normal snow in a screenshot - it's the speed, direction and sounds that give it away (and the lightning in the case of the storm). Also, cloud isn't that interesting :P it's just the slight darkening of the screen without an additional effect.

Rain
raineffectvm8.png

Snow
snowvz3.png

Bright
verybrightlo7.png

KTHX LOL

What else? Ah yeah....

Not only is there fame for all the battles you win, but there is reputation, or alignment so to speak, based on the things you do. There's a new feature added to this game. Rather than you following the story, the story follows YOU.

You're given choices throughout the game that dictate whether you are good or evil, whether you assist Team Rocket, either for their or your own gain, or work against them.

You effectively do good or evil missions, and your reputation points change as according. It ranges from -100 to 100; the lower it is, the more evil you are; the higher, the more good. Somewhere in the middle is simply neutral.

The people you meet in game might react differently to you depending on how well known you are and how good or evil you are - you are either respected or feared (or if a person is evil, such as a Rocket, you are respected if you yourself are evil or otherwise treated with contempt).

It's an indicator of which Legendary you will obtain first - the counteracting Legendary will disappear until you have completed the main game.

By the time you face the champion, your reputation score will dictate which of the 7 endings you will see. Oooooh ;)

Thanks to everyone on the team as always, some brilliant ideas and sprites are coming through, and some more cool music from Ivar. Brilliant stuff :D

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
just to mention that my battle is almost finish except for the catch bug,
you'll get it soon fangking ;) i hope less then a week

progress is going very slow because i'm more interessed in netplay and vb

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
hmmmm... i like the rep system. most people are doing that now. the choices and joining team rocket or being real good sounds like that game from neo dragon...ummm. Silk2..... but anyway. it should be good. i like the new screens. keep it up.

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
Whats Silk2?

Anyway, this PokéRep will be completely authentic and there are more twists to the system yet to be revealed.

(aka Fangking wait for my massive PM later in the Acanthite forum)

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
Silk 2 was a game that Neo-Dragon(i think) was making. oh and pokerep is good but i'm not going to add it to my game since it is being used a lot now a days. and thats a lot of sprites your spriters are going to have to make. but there all so cool!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Yeh there is a lot of sprites.

Kangaskhan Kid O(AKA Spriting God) is remaking all of the pokemon, as well as spriting all of the new ones from scratch. You can see for yourself at the forums.

And bringing up the rear is myself and Maneachicken making the Trainer sprites.

And then we have veryone else doing stuff as music, tiles new ideas and so on.

But now that I actually think about, it is massive.

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
silk2 is a game by neo dragon. one of his best. but anyway. most games have rep because it makes it more interactive and life like. my game has it. :D

anyway. any new screens? sprites? demo :D joking. i can wait for a demo. i love looking at screens though. keep it up

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Sprites aye?

Well at the forum there's all the sprites that have been done.

I might post up some of my trainer sprites tomorrow.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
At the forum, you can see all the sprites that have been done. Including amazing Hippies from [ray.z]!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back