• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Project Steam

Years
Project Steam - Recruiting

Introduction

Hello people! We're the team behind this hack. We're giving you some details about us first, so if you're not interested in that, simply skip to the next section.

Papayaperson: I'm Anthony, and I need help creating a ROM hack! I've been wanting to for years, and for 3 years I've attempted learning, and even some mild hacking. I have decent all-around skills, but this has proven to be too much work for one person. My goal here is to create a hack that follows the classic unspoken rules of a Pokemon game, including the pattern for starter designs, eight gyms, post-game, HM moves, etc. I'm hoping that I get some responses and get moving on this game ;D

Reshilegend: Sup, I'm the second guy behind this hack. I joined a long time ago and I'm in charge of the graphics, like tiles, sprites etc. I'm also designing Fakemon. You can check out the main hack thread, or message either of us for more information, if this thread isn't informative enough for you :)

The Project

AllLogosSmall_zps91974003.png

Currently, we are working on Project Steam. The hack will actually be divided into two separate versions, Shining Waters and Hazing Flames (thus, steam). The differences are mainly parts of the story, version exclusive Pokemon etc. We haven't decided the version differences completely at this point though. It takes place in the Charpa Region, which is divided into several sectors. These sectors are different in terms of nature, wild Pokemon and so on. The game starts in the mountain sector, and we're now working on the beginning of the beach sector. Think of it like the different Kalos sections in XY. So, you can really see that we're trying to include a variety of places for the region to explore. It is a classic style Pokemon game, meaning the player still has to fill the Pokedex, go through 8 gyms, battle the Elite 4, etc. However, there will be new features that will add to the experience. For example, we're adding gym leader challenges. These small quests are required to get access to a gym, and each gym leader has their own special quest that challengers have to complete.
One of the main features of this hack will be the Fakemon. We're investing a lot of time in the designs to make sure that they look good. However, some of them are not final, so their design could still change. It depends on your feedback if we change a certain Mon or keep it as it is! Now, we know many people don't like Fakemon, which is why we'll also include regular Pokemon, of course.The stories of certain Pokemon and the goal of Team Next ('Evil' Team) will be centered around Norse Mythology.

Current Progress

We have completed
- a good amount of Fakemon (back-)sprites,
- concept art,
- several early-game maps,
- almost no progress with scripts (due to the lack of scripters who were staying on the team, now we're catching up though!),
- several new music tracks from different games
- and a very well-along story and plot.

Also, we're currently working on character designs/important people in the game. Here are a few examples of our work:

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Maps

Spoiler:

Sprites (Fakemon Spoilers)

Spoiler:

Current Team Members

PapayaPerson - Storyline, "Director", Fakemon Ideas/Design

Reshilegend - "Co-Director", Mapping, Tile Inserting, Fakemon designing & spriting

Pointeroo- Scripter

Shubunkus- Scripter

habit12- Artist

Nix- "Sappier" :)

Help Wanted

- experienced Spriters (especially for Trainers and OWs! Fakemon spriters should have a similar spriting style to our Fakemon sprites that we have so far)
- Music Editors/Composers/Custom cry makers maybe?
- Artists (Characters/Fakemon)
- experienced Scripters
- Help for balancing Fakemon movesets/stats, coming up with (good!) Fakemon names
- Custom Tile Designer (optional)

Application

Preferred Name:
Skill(s) :
Proof of Work (not via PM, either directly in the thread or as a link) :
Contact Information (PM, Skype, ...) :
Past Work (if applicable) :
Time Zone (In terms of UTC) :
Availability (hours per day/week, optional) :
Reason why you want to join (optional, but it would be nice to hear) :

If you're interested in joining, but you're not sure if you should.. Just apply! Every dedicated person is welcome. We will definitely finish this hack, and to reach this goal, we need every helping person that wants this too. Thanks for reading! :)

~ The Project Steam team​

Last edited:
Years
Preferred Name: FalseSceptile
Skill(s): Spriter and Maybe some Icon Replacing
Proof of Work: Currently None
Contact Information:
Xbox Gamertag-daD3ADLYMEISTER
Skype-JustifiedSyndicate or FalseSceptile
Past Work: None at now
Time Zone: EST

Extremeromhacker

I need ideas
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
Preferred Name: Extremeromhacker
Skill(s): Scripting, with moderately adequate skills in everything else.
Proof of Work: none, in progress though
Contact Information: [email protected]
Past Work (if applicable): progress - on my own hack "Eclipse Version"
Time Zone (In terms of UTC): EST

bluedeedrocks

Professional Coolguy
Years
Preferred Name: Bluedeed
Skills: Mostly scripting, but also mapping and story (I had my own hack before that I did by myself, though it wasn't that long)
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Contact Info: Contact through the community
Past work: Pokemon Cryptic Lynch
Time Zone: EST

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
Skill(s):Sprites
Proof of Work:Pm if you want the link
Past Experience: Currently working on spriting for Pokemon scarlet red
Contact Information (Preferably Skype): email: [email protected]
Time Zone: Eastern time Canada

Pls pm if I am Accepted!!

Years
Preferred Name: Fluffs
Skill(s): Mapping, Bsic Scripting, a bit of Spriting
Proof of Work: None to be honest. I recently started working on a hack, but don't have much progress yet
Contact Information: PM, or retroshare (PM me for it)
Past Work (if applicable): See Proof of Work
Time Zone (In terms of UTC): EST GMT- 5:00

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Wait D:

Preferred Name: ep!c
Skill(s): scripter, ASM, inserting of several things
Proof of Work: I was a decent romhacker, send me PM if you want screenshots.
Contact Information: Skype: l_a_z_0_r
Past Work (if applicable):
Spoiler:

Time Zone (In terms of UTC): GMT +1

Years
Bumpity bump bump

Just wanted to let everyone know this project is still going on ^^ We are still in major need of spriters and scripters, so please anyone that has some experience with these things can help ^^

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Cant understand why this hack gets no attention...
I can sprite but no fakemons and im not the best if you wanna see my work check pokemon distortion black out
EDIt:Do you speak german?

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
Preferred Name: Shubunkus/Ian
Skill(s): Scripting
Proof of Work:
Spoiler:

Contact Information: PM me on PC for my E-Mail and or Skype
Past Work (if applicable): Dark Rising 2 before it was abandoned
Time Zone (In terms of UTC): UTC - 5:00

Donut

Spriter
Years
I wish I could work on this but sadly im not that talented in a lot of these categorys. But I will say that the way this hack looks makes me think that your gonna get hack of the year. Just make sure to have a good storyline. :D

Years
Preferred Name: pointero
Skill(s): Scripter
Proof of Work: http://pastebin.com/qjmwitV0 Also i got tons of scripts and a rom with some quests etc..
Contact Information: Skype (pointerowoider2)
Past Work (if applicable): A cancelled rom.
Time Zone (In terms of UTC):EEST (Eastern Europe Summer Time)

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Preferred Name:habit
Skill(s):very rounded artist, and concept artist
Proof of Work:
char3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Contact Information:pm
Past Work (if applicable): well i do a lot of art work , i have done or started my own rom hack a long time ago and would love to get back into it .
Time Zone (In terms of UTC):

Years
Preferred Name: Turtles58

Skill(s): Mapping

Proof of Work: PM me (or skype) for details.

Contact Information: Skype: Turtles204

Past Work (if applicable): Worked on a few hacks, but never finished any because members quit X_x

Time Zone (In terms of UTC): Standard eastern time (US and Canada) (Its 3:23 right now)

Btw just so u guys know In the "media" spoiler, the area shown in the gif in the lower right hand corner is also in the Sinnoh region, on the route to the right of Pastoria city.
Just thought you guys might wanna know, as from what I can tell its pretty close to that area.

Edit: I checked in my pokemon pearl and its pretty close, but far enough so I doubt anyone else will notice :o

Last edited:
Years
Messaged you, habit.
Turtles, I'll pm you about your proof of work. And I have no idea why you think that area is a copy of a Sinnoh map, cause I made it from scratch and I never played DPPT, so yeah. Definitely not intentional.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to accuse you of copying the sinnoh map. Its just I played Platnum recently and noticed that they were similar, just in case you were self conscious about your maps being too close to non-hack game maps.

Hopefully you didn't get the wrong idea from it :/

Back