• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Just curious, does anybody else look at other's people SUs to find criteria and avoid making similar characters?

Yup. I usually try to make a character that fir some needs for the roleplay. Don't want to have another girl when there are 4000 of them. Roleplay has a bunch of super action people, no need to add more. It makes it so you can diversify a little bit from what your original intention was and unlike certain games, you won't really get pigeonholed into roles nobody really wants.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Just curious, does anybody else look at other's people SUs to find criteria and avoid making similar characters?

I can't say I do. I've always found worrying about diversity to be a bit too metagamey for my tastes. Leave that noise up to the thousands of characters not being played by RPers, y'know? When it comes to small details like diversity I usually focus on what I'd personally enjoy playing more than anything else. Larger details tend to factor in what I think other people might enjoy playing with. I keep it nice and simple like that in my head.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

No.

It's not often that I ever read my fellow RPers' SUs. That's out of laziness, not because I don't care. Sometimes I do, especially if I have reason or want to know about their character.

My character is my character. If they turn out "too similar" to another, oh well. I love them as my own. THEY'RE LIKE MY IMAGINARY CHILDREN. WHOSE LIVES I COMPLETELY CONTROL. AND WHO I OCCASIONALLY MURDER.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Finally decided to check out this snazzy new thread...Snazzy...Isn't that the hip thing to say these days? I can never keep up with kids and their new-fangled zingers these days...

@Genesis: It'll be a lonelier corner without you here, G/J-Dog. Come back ASAP. It's sad that that's what I came to here.

This is me. I guess it's not so much to not make similar characters, but more so I can gauge what's a good SU and what's a bad SU, so that mine aren't underdeveloped. That's why I also try avoiding first posts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I sometimes look at the characters of others before I settle on my own. Most often I read the other SUs anyways, because I want to get a definition of all player characters in my mind :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I had no idea that we were able to see our own threads that are awaiting approvale

my whole life is a lie ;o;

(btw, that means that I just submitted The Lost Islands League 2.0. Keep an eye out for it, maybe?)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Guys, Guyyyssss...

There are two open spots in Youkai Academy. The activity has been low lately but I'm trying to bring it back up.

The roleplay is going to start it's last few chapters soon (it'll get a sequel) so if anyone has new ideas for Youkai races, they're welcome as long they aren't ridiculously over-powered d:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm gonna drive y'all nuts by saying come on, check out SOULBOND guys (and gals (and other))!

We really need some characters if we're gonna get this ball rolling!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The roleplay is going to start it's last few chapters soon (it'll get a sequel) so if anyone has new ideas for Youkai races, they're welcome as long they aren't ridiculously over-powered d:

I bet a lot of people are having a sigh of relief right there! Youkai is a popular thread :) hopefully activity will rally back up now the holidays are out the way.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Guys, Guyyyssss...

There are two open spots in Youkai Academy. The activity has been low lately but I'm trying to bring it back up.

Tanooki? I would make a Tom Nook Character for the lulz!

I was thinking about joining it but just highschool RP's are hard to keep up with, I love the slice of life genre it's my guilty pleasure but I find it hard to RP.

The Persona RP is on hold until I get back to school.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I bet a lot of people are having a sigh of relief right there! Youkai is a popular thread :) hopefully activity will rally back up now the holidays are out the way.

I really hope activity will return indeed ^^ I'm not so sure about the sigh of relief though haha. There's has been 1 open spot for a while now and since Genesis left there are 2 open spots now, I just hope they'll be filled soon.

Tanooki? I would make a Tom Nook Character for the lulz!

I was thinking about joining it but just highschool RP's are hard to keep up with, I love the slice of life genre it's my guilty pleasure but I find it hard to RP.

This isn't exactly highschool d; ... well it is, but there has been more story and events than classes, just ask the members theirselves!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
MOAR SHAMELESS ADVERTISING. YAYS.

There are two open slots in Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale, and I'll probably open up some more soon enough! Trying to get it started soon, so you won't have to wait to post IC once you're accepted.

So, if you like killing goblins and don't mind people who set their beards on fire, this RP might just be for you ^^

Years
I might as well join in the advertising train. There's a few spots open in the Hoenn Diaries right now. We're currently in the third chapter but I make it easy enough for newcomers to join in so don't worry about that!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Well since advertising is all the rage.

Return From Exile is open for new players. I don't need to fill the slots to start the RP but more players would be nice. Also posted looks for 3 of the alien races to be encountered, and open to SUs for two of them (PM or post on my wall for more details if interested).

This is a non Pokemon Sci Fi RP... any career is open and the action/events will be catered to the characters (though the Story is more set). You can command massive warships (ok not so massive in the beginning), lead Marine boarding parties, be a scientist desperately researching technology to help save humanity, or be a doctor trying to care for the last few humans alive so the race does not die off.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So much advertise. Very same. (But yes, join Hoenn Diaries!)

For a discussion topic: are you guys more in a pokemon RP or "other rp" mood these days? I usually sway back and forth with weeks or months between my preferences.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Usually more in an other RP mood... always. I started out in Pokemon RPs, sure, but lately I've been more and more interested in other. It's actually much tougher to get myself to join a Pokemon RP over an Other RP, but when I do it usually means you're doing something right.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Sort of in an "Other" mood lately. I love pokemon RPs, that's what I came here for, but I put soo much of my heart and soul into every Reburst post that it's plenty Pokemon RP for me. Besides that there are a lot more "other" roleplays these days it seems.

I've given up on shameless advertising, I guess Wings of Fate isn't suited to the RPC ;_; But I'm not going to give up on the roleplay itself unless it absolutely dies.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm more into pokemon RPs now :3 Hoenn Diaries aaaalmost quell my always hovering hunger for journey RPs and I'm so going to stay with it unil the end, MAO gives me some mystery and sandbox to play around with and oh I still haven't had time to post in the digimon RP :x Have to get ahold of a computer today and do that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I don't really have a preference for Pokémon vs Other. I prefer hosting alternative RPs, based on other fandoms or none at all, but Pokémon RPs are much easier to dive in to - since the basic mechanics and laws of the land are so similar to the games/anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back