• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, most likely, if there were questions, they were all already answered, so, since I don't have much intention of answering anything right now, I'll just skip to the good part.

Which is a pair of videos showing how the trainers' scripts and the Phone Booth's scripts combine. The first video shows how you register trainers on the Phone Card (as long as there's memory space), while the second video shows how you get rematches (after insisting for a while, you'll need some patience to get a rematch)

Video1 - Registering Trainers on the Phone Card
Video2 - Getting a Rematch Battle

Yawn... I'll just make my post on the MotM thread and come back after I sleep. I need to do some stuff for my Uni first, but after that, I'll start taking screenshots for my "screenshot release season"

Years
I watched the videos, they looked great. I was just wondering about something involving the Phone Booth. Will you be able to register any trainer into it, or only specific trainers, like in gold?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I have a question as well, will items be obtainable from people with stored numbers like in gold.

Crystal introduced getting special items from people, but some trainers in gold, silver AND crystal let you know of special "there's loads of XXXXXX swarming in route XX. Come quick and get one". Although that'll be difficult to code in and it's not the most important thing to get coded, although newbies might like it so they know where to get soemthing.

On a slightly negative note, I know the phone booth is really well made and all, but is there any chance the people's names can be programmed to show up cos "mem 4" and "mem 9" aren't exactly memorable if you know what I mean. If it's too hard then no worries. I was the one that hated getting calls from random people saying "HEY PETER! I SAW A PIDGY" or "Hey Peter. My charmander burnt my balls off" or "HEY PETER! I SAW A TREE!!!!!" and so on.

EDIT: also, am I the only one who doesn't like the credits music being used for the johto/kanto route with the guy saying "you took your first step into kanto! check your map". Game is on other PC so I can't check the actual route number, but you know the one.

EDIT 2: Another question sorry. Is it possible, once you get the music thing sorted, to have different music for Johto and Kanto matches like in Gold and Silver? I remember my first Kanto battle. Very random music! But still cool!

Last edited:

john55

Meh
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2009
I was wondering if you could tell us how many songs will be changed in the next beta?
Nice videos by the way though.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
WOW! That is simply amazing. Most people wouldn't think it is as big a deal as some of the other changes, but being able to battle your friends again was one of my fav. parts of the original gold =]

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Man that looks cool but I forgot how to get it up to speed because my VBA acts a little slow when I play SG how do I get it the same speed like in the vids you posted a while back.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Man that looks cool but I forgot how to get it up to speed because my VBA acts a little slow when I play SG how do I get it the same speed like in the vids you posted a while back.

simple, faster computer=faster VBA, but if you don't have a faster computer I guess you could always just change the frame rate I guess (but I may be wrong

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
The "Phone Booth" is a good addition. It gives more originality to the storyline of Gold, Silver and Crystal. Since adding extra rivals and Hoenn Pokemon isn't much, I mean.

Good luck with any more extra auditions.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
Just wondering if you are going to show what part calling Elm and Mom on the phone booth is like...seeing as calling mom on the other game was different.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I just have answers today...

I watched the videos, they looked great. I was just wondering about something involving the Phone Booth. Will you be able to register any trainer into it, or only specific trainers, like in gold?

Nope, only the ones you'd normally register in the original. It's quite complicated already with just 28 trainers, what do you want? me commiting suicide? XD

I have a question as well, will items be obtainable from people with stored numbers like in gold.

As it was told (but I'm just confirming it), you cannot get items from those trainers after battling a certain ammount of times, 'cause that's something from Crystal, and adding such feature would really destroy my already long scripts... (and my head...)

Crystal introduced getting special items from people, but some trainers in gold, silver AND crystal let you know of special "there's loads of XXXXXX swarming in route XX. Come quick and get one". Although that'll be difficult to code in and it's not the most important thing to get coded, although newbies might like it so they know where to get soemthing.

On a slightly negative note, I know the phone booth is really well made and all, but is there any chance the people's names can be programmed to show up cos "mem 4" and "mem 9" aren't exactly memorable if you know what I mean. If it's too hard then no worries. I was the one that hated getting calls from random people saying "HEY PETER! I SAW A PIDGY" or "Hey Peter. My charmander burnt my balls off" or "HEY PETER! I SAW A TREE!!!!!" and so on.

EDIT: also, am I the only one who doesn't like the credits music being used for the johto/kanto route with the guy saying "you took your first step into kanto! check your map". Game is on other PC so I can't check the actual route number, but you know the one.

EDIT 2: Another question sorry. Is it possible, once you get the music thing sorted, to have different music for Johto and Kanto matches like in Gold and Silver? I remember my first Kanto battle. Very random music! But still cool!

To get something well, there are two things: the first is that the registered trainers will be talking about many more pokemon located on their routes than in the original Gold (so you can use them as guides to know which pokemon are where). However, they won't be mentioning the Hoenn pokemon around, because for that...
Spoiler:

No, there's no chances of modifying what the memory slots say. I'd say it's impossible because you need to think on all the posibble combinations, and the fact that we don't have that number of combinations as the number of textboxes. That's how it's gonna work. So, keep track of who you store where.
By the way, once you register a trainer, it goes automatically into the first free spot, but, once you delete it, that spot will remain free (things won't be updating, moving all the other trainers one slot up... Don't ask me for that many things, because I do what I can)

About the music on Routes 26 and 27, I think they really fit the mood, it's a good track to make you think "we are really close to the Pokemon League", it's just about the rhythm (hope to spell it right this time... Dictionary... Yay, It's correct! XD)

About the wildbattles music, it's something I consulted Mastermind_X for some time ago, and he (obviously) told me it is possible, so, I'd say it can be done, but, since I don't think it's necessary yet (not to mention I still don't have the two new tracks inserted), I'll leave that for later.

I was wondering if you could tell us how many songs will be changed in the next beta?
Nice videos by the way though.

I have like 13, which I know it's not a big number. But I haven't been getting too much info from birthofdna (Magnius PMed me, but they need to work together to make things faster and better), and I was a bit more occupied on scripting anyway. Same goes for the graphical parts.

Just wondering if you are going to show what part calling Elm and Mom on the phone booth is like...seeing as calling mom on the other game was different.

I can't really show it too well. Because they say different stuff depending on the location and the moment in the game. I cannot be making a video with combinations as I did in the Elite4 video, because I don't have the same time. So, I'll leave that for you to discover.

And that's all. Just remember I won't be online this Tuesday and Wednesday!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
so what about new trainer ow sprites? you have them already or the guy thta was working on it didnt finished them? will the new trainers ow sprites appear in next beta?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
I think if zel does a little scripting he can make a radio system, its not too hard, you just need to make the tile and a script for text and a music change like the oak radio show with oaks theme and Pokemon sleep channel the jigglypuff thing.

Zowayix

hi
Years
Hmmm... in the original GSC, the Lavender Town Radio Director gave you an EXPN Card which had the Poke Flute Channel on it.
I wonder what he will give in ShinyGold?
(Seems a bit weird for a radio director to give a Poke Flute...)

Back