• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Under the radar pokemon that could use a new evolutionary relative

Sirfetch’d

Game Freak has added plenty of evos and pre-evos to already existing pokemon. Sometimes we say yeah! that pokemon needed an evo, but sometimes we are like WTF?(LickiLicki) So what are some pokemon that aren't necessarily talked about getting an evo that might could use one.

For me I would like to see Xatu get an evoultion. Its stats are right in the middle where an evo could be added without stats being outrageous and it would be really cool. I have always liked Xatu, but it is hard to use sometimes because of its stats. Also I think that a pre evo for Solrock and Lunatone that evolves when exposed to a special fragment(would have to be something newly discovered) would be neat and give a spurt of life to two pokemon that kinda never had any popularity.

That is my ideas what are yours? Please discuss and try to explain your reasoning.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Larvesta needs an evolution. Defys logic that a little caterpillar goes to a full bug form without a cocoon stage. Especially if one raises it from level 1 to 59. Long time for one evolution

Sirfetch’d

Larvesta needs an evolution. Defys logic that a little caterpillar goes to a full bug form without a cocoon stage. Especially if one raises it from level 1 to 59. Long time for one evolution

It SHOULD HAVE HAD an evolution, but there is no way they add a middle stage. It would make no sense why it could evolve directly into Volcarona in one generation but not the next.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Scyther pre-evo would be neat. Maybe.

I'm okay with the (pre-)evos as long as they don't cram like 500 down our throats like they did in Gen IV.

Sirfetch’d

I'm okay with the (pre-)evos as long as they don't cram like 500 down our throats like they did in Gen IV.

Yeah, gen 4 was overboard with the new evos. I really like Yanmega, but most of the others were unnecessary.

Years
Just trying to think of "under the radar Pokemon," Delibird is definitely a Pokemon that I would like to see have an evolution. It has pretty weak stats, matching those of Luvdisc (who I really thought should have evolved into Alomomola), Spoink and Voltorb. Sableye and Qwilfish are another two I would like to see have evolutions, as they have interesting typings, but their stats aren't all that great either.

Sirfetch’d

Just trying to think of "under the radar Pokemon," Delibird is definitely a Pokemon that I would like to see have an evolution. It has pretty weak stats, matching those of Luvdisc (who I really thought should have evolved into Alomomola), Spoink and Voltorb. Sableye and Qwilfish are another two I would like to see have evolutions, as they have interesting typings, but their stats aren't all that great either.

Sableye does need an evo, but if he gets one likely so will Mawile. That is great because I love Mawile and there are endless possibilities for her an evo!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Personally, I think they should leave all Gen 1-4 Pokemon alone. New evolutions are cool, but it's just odd to see a Pokemon like Rhydon or Electabuzz get an evolution after going through Gen 1-3 without one. Once a certain amount of time has passed, they should just be done with certain Gens' Pokemon and work on making totally new ones. But that's just me. And I'm in no way against them adding evos for old Pokemon, I'd just rather see more new Pokemon and maybe more split evolutions.

Back