• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Orange Island Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
Happy new year everyone! Four new screenshots are up, and progress is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to have the game itself (not testing) completed by the end of January, and the full version released by the end of March. I still have two more badges to work through, the CHAMPION, and REEMAN ISLAND. Still plenty to do!

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2011
So, do I use a ROM for this or can I play it straight up? Because when I play it straight up I get an "MFPlat.DLL" error on my computer every time I enter and exit a building, new area or a battle. I tried reinstalling the game, but not the whole rar file itself. What do I do?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
So, do I use a ROM for this or can I play it straight up? Because when I play it straight up I get an "MFPlat.DLL" error on my computer every time I enter and exit a building, new area or a battle. I tried reinstalling the game, but not the whole rar file itself. What do I do?

Huh? This place has nothing to do with ROM's what so ever hence the forum description. All you have to do is run the .exe file provided of the game and it should work perfectly fine, unless of course the creator has caused an error.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2011
No, I got it now. It was my computer. It didnt have that program that the error was listing, now I do. Its all great now and im def enjoying the game!

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
I just uploaded a patch to fix the building problem in OLIVINE CITY. Everyone should now be able to get out of the buildings once you enter them, allowing you to get the RUNNING SHOES. Let me know if anything else comes up and thanks for playing.

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
I have updated the patch file to include a fix for not being able to get past KURT in AZAELA TOWN. Sorry for the problems. If you saved after beating BUGSY, you'll probably have to start a new game. Best of luck.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
There are some nice maps there, although I'm sure that they'll look better when there isn't a mix of FRLG and GSC tiles.

Years
this is just a bug i found and kind of surprised no one else reported. when i went into the burned tower and faced the first team rocket member, the font was really small (maybe size 2). it happened after i defeated his zubat.

also, why are the running and walking sprites different?

Last edited:

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
Sorry it's taken so long to update. School is keeping me busy! I'm almost done with the game, a month later than I had hoped. I'll be posting four new screenshots tomorrow evening, and filling out the thread a bit more. The plan is to finish the game by Tuesday of this week.

Years
Finish? Wow, nice one sticking it all the way out!
Hopefully that'll inspire other Game Developers to continue, and finish their games!

Great job on everything, looks pretty polished from the first post :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
That's awesome, This game looks great if your almost done you should try to get the thread moved to The Showcase.

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
The game is almost finished! I just have a few more things to clean up and then it will be on to testing! Testing will take about a month or so, so I'm looking at a release time at the end of April. If it wasn't for school it would be sooner. Sorry!

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
A finished game? Wow, that is a rare site. Knowing how things go you'll have to abandon it before you can release it,lol. Well I hope not. Good luck on the final steps.

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
The full version of the game is out, folks! Check the first post for download link and details. So far, there are no game crashing bugs, but as with any fan made game, save often, and don't hesitate to let me know about anything you find!

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Downloading now. Good job at actually finishing.

Years
Hm. The map layout early on is very confusing. I didn't understand why walking upwards at the dock warped me back somewhere, or why a ladder into the ocean was actually a door. My Espeon was *horribly* underpowered in my first trainer battle (only level 7) and facing a 15 was totally unexpected. I blacked out and ended up on Mandarin North surrounded by Rockets without any way of getting off. I could also talk about how the intro trainer is Brendan when you're playing as Ash, but I could be here a long time.

I commend your efforts in getting a game completely mapped and evented, but I'm not finding it enjoyable to play, it's confusing and, unfortunately, poorly presented. Sorry. Time needs to be spent going back through the game to make it coherent and error-free before I stand any chance of getting to the end. Again, it's clear a lot of time has gone into this, and it's an excellent endeavour, but refinement is needed.

</$0.02>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back