• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
Topic:Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

Entry:

Name:27thColt
2 Partner Pokemon:Muchacho the Empoleon and BlueRanger the Samurott
Why do you want to swim with us?Well,it goes a long time ago in 2006.My first game was Pokemon Pearl and I was looking at the three starter pokemon.I chose Piplup randomly.We had a long history.I chose Piplup in Pokemon Platinum.I chose Totodile in SoulSilver.I chose Samurott in White and in Black 2.Ever since,I had been liking water-types ever since.Also,I like water types in stats and moves.Surf are really good damage dealers.They have very even base stats overall.Water Spout is a good move with 150 power.Rock/Ground are my favorite combination with water because of the electricity immunity.When I wanted to join a club,I found this.
Current Topic Answer:Well,I feel good with all water-type but some REALLY need evolutions.Many water pokemon still have potential to be great or greater!Maybe a better evolution for Bibarel and Gyarados.An Octillery evolution could be useful.A Wailord evolution will make Skitty nervous.What I really want is an evolution for Tentacruel will really make Thunderbolt a walk in the park.Also,I'd like to get a Slowking for a Sp.Attacker and Kingdra.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
name:roseraderocks (call me rose)
fave 2 pokemon: oshawott and mudkip
reasons: i use the water type every time i start my ds games and i lik both oshawott and mudkip 1. they're both super cute
2. they have beastly stats and movesets
3. they have the ability to use many types of moves mostly ice
in my opinion water types are beasts

Topic:Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.

Entry:

Name:27thColt
2 Partner Pokemon:Muchacho the Empoleon and BlueRanger the Samurott
Why do you want to swim with us?Well,it goes a long time ago in 2006.My first game was Pokemon Pearl and I was looking at the three starter pokemon.I chose Piplup randomly.We had a long history.I chose Piplup in Pokemon Platinum.I chose Totodile in SoulSilver.I chose Samurott in White and in Black 2.Ever since,I had been liking water-types ever since.Also,I like water types in stats and moves.Surf are really good damage dealers.They have very even base stats overall.Water Spout is a good move with 150 power.Rock/Ground are my favorite combination with water because of the electricity immunity.When I wanted to join a club,I found this.
Current Topic Answer:Well,I feel good with all water-type but some REALLY need evolutions.Many water pokemon still have potential to be great or greater!Maybe a better evolution for Bibarel and Gyarados.An Octillery evolution could be useful.A Wailord evolution will make Skitty nervous.What I really want is an evolution for Tentacruel will really make Thunderbolt a walk in the park.Also,I'd like to get a Slowking for a Sp.Attacker and Kingdra.

Welcome guys!

@27thColt i wonder wat kinda beasts wailord and tentacruel wud evolve into xD

@raoserade rocks, your right, what does have the attributes of one of the better monotypes

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Name: Vapie
2 partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Suicune
Reasons to swim: Well to start off water is my favorite type! I'm just a water child at heart and I always have been. If I could grow fins I swear I would have....
Current topic: are there any Pokemon I would add an evo or pre evo to: I always felt that Lapras could have an epic evo. For some reason I want it to get bigger and have maybe two heads... But perhaps that's too much, I still love it just the way it is :)

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
name:roseraderocks (call me rose)
fave 2 pokemon: oshawott and mudkip
reasons: i use the water type every time i start my ds games and i lik both oshawott and mudkip 1. they're both super cute
2. they have beastly stats and movesets
3. they have the ability to use many types of moves mostly ice
in my opinion water types are beasts

@Roseraderocks

First,I want to say,how can Oshawott and Mudkip ave beastly stats?Maybe their final evolutions have beastly stats but not those two.I don't want to start a fight but don't you mean their final evolutions have beastly stats?Well,maybe they have average stats but that's all they are.

@Courage Hound

Maybe an evolution of Tentacruel would look have 4 red glowing orbs.Maybe it would weigh about 200 lbs. and be 6 or 7 ft. tall.It would have 4 blue sharp things under under the body along with many Tentacool.It could have the blue sharp things spin at high speeds like a drill.Maybe it's name is Tentadrill.It's stats could be so high that it can be a Psuedo-Legendary.
Psuedo-Legendaries are one of the best pokemon that aren't legendaries.Kingdra is the only non-legendary water/dragon type and Game Freak turned that down.It could've been a Psuedo Legendary.Game Freak could've made higher stats for Kingdra.We need Psuedo-Legendaries to beat other pokemon like electric and grass.

Conclusion:Water needs Psuedo-Legendaries!

One more thing,Water needs to be super effective against bug because bugs are hopeless when they are in water.And Water needs to be resistant to bug.

Last edited:

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Sorry for my very, very ,very long months of inactivity in the club because of school assignments, especially the Thesis writing. So, what did I miss? OH, a new topic! :D
Are there any current Water type Pokemon you'd see likely to gain a new stage in their line in the future generations? If not, are there any you'd like to get one? New stage counts for both pre-evolutions and evolutions.
Let's see um, Simipour doesn't need a new evolution, but Carracosta needs a 2nd pre-evolved form and Basculin needs a new evolve form or else it'll get stuck with its Basculin form. Imagine your a Basculin and you saw a Magikarp evolving into a strong Gyarados, then you're starting to get sad of not having an evolution.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Someone mentioned something about evolutions for Gorebyss and Huntail a bit earlier on, and I'd just like to add that it sounds like a pretty neat idea. Split evolutions venturing into their own little evolutionary line is, from my knowledge, not something we've seen before and could be pretty cool, though I'm a bit afraid that Huntail will get even uglier :< I guess same thing could apply for the Tyrogue family tbh, though it'd just be even bigger, and I have a hard time picturing evolutions for the three evolutions. But yeah, great idea.

Years
Name:Kaxxy
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Lapras
Why do you want to swim with us?: Just Joined PC, I love water pokemon, and this group seems interesting.
Answer Current topic: I would probably say a pre-evolution to Lapras. I couldn't think of what it would look like, I just think it should have a pre-evolution.

CourageHound

Years
Name:Kaxxy
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and Lapras
Why do you want to swim with us?: Just Joined PC, I love water pokemon, and this group seems interesting.
Answer Current topic: I would probably say a pre-evolution to Lapras. I couldn't think of what it would look like, I just think it should have a pre-evolution.

Welcome to the club!

Well, i'd like to suggest a topic: Say if you could turn into any water type pokemon. What would you be and do? Also, what would be your relationship with another member of the club as your respective water type pokemon?

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Hello, I am ClumzyTrainR13, and I would like to join Royal blue Ocean. Here is my "resume," as you could call it:

Partner Pokemon:
Samurott and Swampert

Why Do You Want to Swim With Us?:

Ever since I began on Pokemon Sapphire and I decided on choosing that little Mudkip, I fell in love. Water Types were immediately my expertise, and soon to be the electric type, (which I saw could never match to the water type). I now choose the water starter in every game I play, and i would never give up on the water type, for as long as the Legendaries live. I'm dedicated to all that is water pokemon, which is why I chose to join Royal Blue Ocean.

Say if you could turn into any water type pokemon. What would you be and do? Also, what would be your relationship with another member of the club as your respective water type pokemon?

Of course, I would be Samurott, and i would Surf the world, challenging all water types to prove myself worthy as the one and only, ultimate water type. I would treat another member of the club as a rival and challenger, anticipating the one day we would battle to tighten our bond as true water types/

CourageHound

Years
@ClumzyTrainR13

Welcome to the club! :) Sounds really awesome how you love water types. Would there ever be a situation where you would choose a starte other than the water type?

On Topic Question:

I'd guess i'd be a swampert. My goal would be to more or less just kick back, relax and enjoy the water as a water type. I wouldnt much be into battling, although it would be a nice pass time. Really I's just enjoy the company of my water type club memebers.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
The only time I would NOT pick the water type starter would be if either 1. The water type magically became weak to all pokemon types 2. If the pokemon honestly looks really pathetic (Froakie came THIS close lol) or 3. If GF made an Electric starter pokemon which would be bound to be awesome lol

Years
Say if you could turn into any water type pokemon. What would you be and do? Also, what would be your relationship with another member of the club as your respective water type pokemon?

I'd be an Oshawott obviously, and I would be very good at saving Pokemon stranded in the water, and I can use my scalchop fight off enemies. Also, I'd love to enjoy company from other Water-types.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Hello~ I am h0tshot1025! You can call me Aetherion or Hotshot :D

2 Partner Pokemon: Slowking and Politoed
Why do you want to swim with us?: Ever since I first played Pokemon (Pokemon Red to be specific), I fell in love with water types. I've been using the water starters on every first playthrough of any game. My love for water types aren't restricted to Pokemon, I love water type moves too. The surfing theme is also one of my favorite game BGMs :D

Answer Current topic: Say if you could turn into any water type pokemon. What would you be and do? Also, what would be your relationship with another member of the club as your respective water type pokemon?

I would be a Slowking. I would travel around talking to Pokemon and exploring the natural world. And I am wearing a Shellder as a Crown. That's pretty cool xD

CourageHound

Years
Welcome to the club HotShot!

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hello all! I see I am late to the party, mostly because I stay cooked up in the roleplay corner, but with a water type club here how can I NOT be a part of it?

Name: Greiger
Partner Pokemon: Golduck is the only one I need.
Why do you want to swim with us?: Well, the current is always fast around me for some reason, I figure if I find a group to swim with, then maybe I can fight the currents and have more furn swimming around instead of being chased by Sharpedo every second.

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type? A complex question when you think about it. There are many advantages, such as having more freedom to move around unlike the pokemon that are stuck on the ground at a horizontal plane. Water types can easily move horizontally or vertically whenever we please! Not only that, but the sea holds many mysteries that most pokemon can never explore so that is a privilege there. Not only that but we can easily travel to islands and to other regions such without the need of renting a boat ;D.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Umm... I kinda new here, so, umm, here we go!
Name: Fenrir

2 Partner Pokemon: Shellder and Floatzel

Why do you want to swim with us?: I've always been a drifter, drifting around the big blue all day. Your group caught my attention, and broke my lazy swimming habits. Besides, isn't in better to swim with water lovers as well?

What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?: Personally, the best advantage is the easy access to all around the regions. Quick travel, a few battles here and there, and some good fun is the best thing I feel.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Name: Cardinal
2 Partner Pokemon: Lumineon and Qwilfish
Why do you want to swim with us?: I want to swim with you people as my favorite Pokemon, Lumineon, is a water type, and therefore I love the water type.
What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?: Honestly, the best advantage is being able to be on land and sea. I mean you can swim and you can walk. If a trainer tries to catch you on land you just swim to the sea.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What do you think would be one of the better advantages of being a water type?

I guess it's a big advantage to be able to traverse the seas, and I know it isn't exclusive to Water type Pokemon, however it's only few other Pokemon that possess that ability. As mentioned, a lot of the water type Pokemon can also move on land, which is why when it comes to travelling across the regions, being a Water type that can move on land as well, would be the most efficient, right next to the Flying type Pokemon.

Back