• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who else likes the Panda pokemon more than the starters?

Which do you prefer?

• The Panda

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Froakie

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Chespin

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I know I like the new Panda pokemon more than the starters lol

tumblr_mmn6ifEVb51s8ouhxo1_400.png

I can only assume he will evolve at least once, and since they call him the "Naughty" pokemon, I think he will end up being Fighting/Dark in his last form

Because you know, Naughty = Dark and also, Dark moves like Sucker punch = Naughty

pokemon-x-and-y-starters.jpg

Him vs. these things? Pffft.

This feels like gen 1 all over again. Where technically there was 4 starters and you're jealous that you didn't get to just pick the Pikachu and it was narrowed down to 3. It's like that all over again lol

Hopefully this thing is available in random grass really early on in the game, like before the 1st gym even.

Who feels the same?

I also think this thing is cute/cool enough to take a major role in the anime, had he been invented instead of Pikachu at the start I'm pretty sure he would have been the "face" of Pokemon instead.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
This is not something to start a thread about, you could have easily just made this a post in the May CoroCoro thread

Then only people coincidentally on that page of that 99999 page topic would even see it.... and there would be no poll...

Last edited:
Years
I think that if he want to discuss about the panda pokémon that should be fine, anyway even if i like it I still prefer Fennekin.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't hate the starters, but I do like Yancham better. I really want to see his evolve form, which I am pretty sure it will have one.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I love at least two of the starters, maybe all three once I see what they evolve into. That's not something I got to say in Gen5. Heck, even two of the starters from 4 had to grow on me, so it's really been since Generation 3 since I've been so excited about the starters.

I don't like the (First Form?) of that panda Pokemon, but I think it's next form could be very promising. I just don't like the mischievous look on this fella, nor it's leaf..

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I prefer all three of the starters to the panda actually.

Personally I think it would have been better to start a poll asking which of the four new revealed pokemon you preferred.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I still prefer Chespin over the other three. I just don't like pandas in general, so it didn't get my attention right away, I may start liking if its a good battler in the game (it won't beat my love of my favorite fighting type - Mienfoo/Mienshao)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I think it's alright, but certainly not better than most of the other things that have been revealed. It's definitely not above the Goatercycle in my eyes. I just have a hard time growing attached to it because I associate pandas that can do martial arts with World of Warcraft and Kung-Fu Panda.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I love at least two of the starters, maybe all three once I see what they evolve into. That's not something I got to say in Gen5. Heck, even two of the starters from 4 had to grow on me, so it's really been since Generation 3 since I've been so excited about the starters.

I don't like the (First Form?) of that panda Pokemon, but I think it's next form could be very promising. I just don't like the mischievous look on this fella, nor it's leaf..

The only generations where I liked all of the starters no questions asked, was gen 1 & 4.

In 2, 3, and 5, and now 6 I didn't/don't care much for the starters

I don't even know which gen 6 starter I will pick yet, it's going to have to come down to their evolved forms

This time I have 3 which don't particularly stand out for me. I do know that Fennekin is my least favorite, and then Chespin & Froakie I have a pretty equal indifference towards

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Not really. I think Yamchan will be the new Pan- or Teddiursa. Somewhat uncommon, probably halfway through the game / mid-to-half in the beginning.

Yamchan's cute, but he's not that cute. Eevee trumps it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I didn't see any indication of the panda being a new "starter" like Pikachu... If anything it's probably going to turn out being one of the region's generic beginner route Pokemon.

I don't like it much, tbh. I'm not big into pandas like some people are though. It's cute but the Yayakoma and Gogoat are SO much better.

100% agree with Belldandy too. Yancham is just like... kinda there.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Now I like the panda's design, I just don't like his color scheme. Other than that, he's got an adorable design and I'm thinking his evolution's going to be awesome. I voted for Fennekin, however, because it's ADORBS <3 I also think Chespin comes close, and Froakie's cool. I'm not overwhelmingly impressed by the new generation, but so far I'm liking what I see a lot!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I love the panda, but anyone who's read my posts in the May CoroCoro thread would know that. Seeing as this is something that can easily be discussed in said thread, I'm just going to close this.

[ Locked ]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back