• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Me on another forum said:
OH MY GOD!!!!

At 8:33 PM (20h33) on my LeafGreen, on this day, July 23rd, 2010...

I AM FACING A SHINY VULPIX!!!!!

I saw it in the shadows, I saw it scrolling across the screen...I've seen everything! Oh my good, it is beautiful!

I have put up the Help Menu so that I can truly savor this moment...oh my god, it is amazing! It is here, after 11,210 encounters between my FireRed and LeafGreen version. On my both games, I have been encountering Pokemon on Route 8!!!!

Even though I will be able to see the shine whenever I want, I will not be able to make a video of the capture. You see, my parents have left the house to go on a short vacation, and they took both cameras with them, so I am left with nothiing. However, fear not, for I will record the capture with words!

Okay, here we go...I just pressed R to take of the Help Screen...

OH MY LORD! IT IS TO BEAUTIFUL!!! SHINY VULPIXXXX YESSS :love: :love: :love: :love:

It is a female, and it is at level 16...I send out my Electrode with Soundproof. I have absolutely no fear of the Vulpix using Roar.

Turn 1: Electrode uses Taunt. The Vulpix tries to use Tail Whip, but it does not work.
Turn 2: The Vulpix uses Quick Attack. Electrode uses Sonic Boom.
Turn 3: Electrode uses Thunder Wave. The Vulpix uses Tail Whip

I am now ready to capture the Vulpix...but I have no idea what ball to use! It will surely evolve, but what ball matches well with shiny Ninetales? Bah, I do not care! I will use...a Dive Ball!

1 shake...2 shakes...3...

YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT HAS BEEN CAUGHT YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shiny Vulpix is mine. :) :) :) After 11,210 encounters...it is mine...

*saves the game three times*

Okay, now I will tell you all the information about it. Like I said, it is female and at level 16. The nature is Calm, which is not the best for Vulpix, but it is quite usable, and I am otherwise content with it. The ability is Flash Fire, naturally, and here are its stats:

HP: 39
Attack: 19
Defense: 20
Sp. Atk: 21
Sp. Def: 30
Speed: 30

The moves it knows are Ember, Tial Whip, Roar, and Quick Attack.

And finally...it belongs to me...the magnitude of this capture is absolutely mind-boggling, I cannot even put it into words. When I saw it, my soul was shaken, my heartbeat was temporarily halted and all my thoughts were erased. I could not concentrate on anything except for what was before me...I have no idea how I manage to get the help menu up in time!

More importantly, Ninetales is my last dream shiny on my shiny card. It was the last one I needed, and I have wanted this shiny forever and ever, and I feel as though I have accomplished a major goal in my shiny hunting career. I truly could not feel more elated at this moment!!!!

I captured the shiny about 8 minutes ago, and I cannot stop looking at it...finally, IT IS MINE!!!! AND I AM IN ABSOLUTE BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah guys...I got a shiny Vulpix last night. :) I captured it in a Dive Ball, and I'm very glad that I did so now because it actually looks pretty decent with shiny Ninetales. Here are its IVs: 10 / 30 / 18 / 2 / 15 / 29

This shiny Vulpix is incredibly important to me. You see, long ago, my brother captured a shiny Vulpix. Like the one I got yesterday, his shiny Vulpix had a Calm nature as well, and my brother cherished that shiny like no other. However, the LG on which he caught his shiny Vulpix had the data wiped accidentally, and my brother was quite saddened by the event. I felt sorry for him, too, because Ninetales was his absolute favorite shiny.

Now, you don't have to tell me that it's pure coincidence that my shiny Vulpix and his shiny Vulpix had the same nature, but still...there's a certain nostalgia behind that fact, and I'm very glad that Vulpix was the Pokemon that decided to shine for me on Route 8. :) And I'm also glad it took 11,210 encounters to appear because I really did work for this shiny!

So for now, I'm back to encountering for Bagon/Swablu on Ruby while I reset for Heatran on Pearl...who, by the way, I have 22,840 soft resets for =/ I don't know what it is, but it seems like I have incredible luck on my OTHER games whenever I'm SRing for Heatran! Perhaps I should try SRing only for Heatran some time, lol.

Congratulations on the new shinies everyone, and good luck to all of you! Just out of curiosity, have the Black and White sprites been ripped yet?

Oh yeah, since I have absolutely no new targets to hunt for on my SoulSilver versions now, I have decided to put both of them in the position to SR for Entei and Raikou. I plan on doing ten resets a day starting on August 2nd. As such, I'll have to play through my second SS a bit today in order to have my self completely prepared (ie. beating all the trainers on certain routes so that I don't have to worry about running into them) among other things. Now I've had quick hunts before, but I've had long ones as well...and I'm just hoping, PRAYING, really, that Entei or Raikou (though I'd prefer Entei) shines quickly for me.

You know what? I see absolutely no reason as to why I can't begin doing my 10 SRs for Entei a day...well, today! So that's exactly what I shall do. I did two SRs for it yesterday, so by the end of today I'll have 12 SRs for it. I haven't really done much other hunting today because I don't feel particularly motivated at the time...but like I've said before, I'm almost positive that it's temporary

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Pave Low, you'll have to go to someone who is good with digital animation or artwork to a get a shiny card. The club shiny cards are no longer made. And you'll also have to wait until a co-owner officially admits you in to be a full member of the club, but you can continue to post here if you like. ^_^

At 6:38 PM while watching an episode of The Office on the internet...a shiny Solrock appeared on my Ruby version! I was able to tell it was shiny while it was scrolling across the screen, and I even got to see the initial sparkles. However, the sound was off, so I didn't hear anything. It appeared after only 3095 encounters.

I just caught it in a Premier Ball, and it has a Lonely nature. Ah well, it's least it's better than my Naive natured Solrock from earlier.

To be completely honest, I'm slightly disappointed that I got another shiny Solrock instead of Bagon. I mean, they both have a 25% chance of appearing in Meteor Falls...and Lonely would have been an excellent nature for a shiny Bagon, too. Bah, I can't complain, though! A shiny is a shiny, and I'm super lucky to have it appear so quickly after my shiny Vulpix, so I should be thankful.

And whaddaya know, it appeared while I was SRing for Heatran on Pearl. >_< Something's telling me that the shiny gods REALLY don't want me to get a shiny Heatran, lol.

I'm gonna continue encountering for a shiny Bagon, and I hope it appears this time....though, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up getting a shiny Golbat! Good luck everybody. ^_^

Oh yeah, this is my seventh shiny this month...talk about lucky, huh? *throws luck out to everyone*

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Hey is there anything i have to ask or some permission i need to reques to join?

anyways, i started shiny chaining a week or so ago. I have 3 seperate shinies of 2 species: Voltorb and Magnemite(easy i know)

Just missed the Electrike swarm after shellos kept interrupting me.. I HATE shellos, with a passion, regardless of it being annoying while chaining electrike.

i've never met a shiny in the wild that wasnt scipted, some call it Unlucky, i call it the game being mean to me :( - I have got PKRS twice though on SS and Platinum. So thats okay, but i want more random shines! :D

Anyways, thats me, Nice to meet you all :D

(Btw, can anyone enlighten me on the Masuda method?)

Years
I am researching Mesuda Method soon.

If ya guys look at my Trade Thread , I've smacked up a wild amount of shinies! 43 to be exact...

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Now to work on Shiny Zigzagoon..

What pokemon aside from Swarms are the easiest to chain for practise (in terms of size of grass patch aswell as rarity)

also does the chance of a chain breaking in a 'safe' patch increase as the shain gets bigger?
EDIT: i got a 40 chain on zigzagoon, but so far have used 104 max repels and no shiny.... boy am i unlucky

Last edited:
Years
how do u join im new here

I have 11 shiny pokemon

1- Lucario
2- Gloom
3- Latias
4- Dialga
5- Gyarados (from Soul Sliver so i dont know if it counts)
6- Celebi
7- Groudon
8- Ninjask
9- Lugia
10- Honchkrow
11- Pichu

those are my shiny pokemon

Last edited:

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
i would join and since it looks like no one (at least updated to show) has caughten a shiny (pink) sneasel right next to the snow town in D/P/PL

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
That pokedex on the front page hasn't been updated in years. I'm pretty sure people have caught a shiny Moltres(I caught a shiny Moltres back in March 2008).

Uh...hi. This is Storm_Dragoon with a name change, first time on this forum in months! I've gotten a lot of shinies since I've been away, don't really have the time to list them all now. I did complete the shiny dog trio, Suicune, Entei and Raikou in HG/SS. Entei took me a bit over 3 months and 875 SRs but Raikou took even longer, 3538 SRs for that one(Suicune took me 12 days, but not sure of the SRs).

Congrats to all the new shinies people have gotten since my last post.

Lil Lee Harvey

Livestream League
Years
That pokedex on the front page hasn't been updated in years. I'm pretty sure people have caught a shiny Moltres(I caught a shiny Moltres back in March 2008).

Uh...hi. This is Storm_Dragoon with a name change, first time on this forum in months! I've gotten a lot of shinies since I've been away, don't really have the time to list them all now. I did complete the shiny dog trio, Suicune, Entei and Raikou in HG/SS. Entei took me a bit over 3 months and 875 SRs but Raikou took even longer, 3538 SRs for that one(Suicune took me 12 days, but not sure of the SRs).

^ This = Epic shiny pokemon fan, and a dedicated badass. The Rambo of Pokemon has come, and he is mighty.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Dang, that would take me a long time o.o

Back