• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humanum Familiares [Best Rookie/Most Original Aug/Sep '11]

tenthcompanion

Glass Cannon
Years
Caeli knew that he should probably be worried that his familiar wasn't waking up, but really he was just annoyed. It was embarrassing enough that his familiar was a commoner, but she was the last one to wake as well? Did this mean his familiar was the worst one? The mage sighed. What was he even supposed to do with her? Familiars are supposed to help their mages, but with what exactly? She certainly didn't look like she could last very long in a fight. And obviously she wouldn't know anything about magic either, being from Earth and all. Caeli guessed she'd just have to carry around his books or something. Or maybe she should just stay hidden in his room all day. That way he wouldn't have a constant reminder of his magical failings following him around everywhere.

He stared at his sleeping familiar while pondering about his future. She was actually very beautiful. Her face was framed by her light blonde hair on the pillow, making it seem like she was almost glowing. He lightly brushed a strand of hair out of her face. Wait, what? Why did he do that? Caeli scolded himself internally. She was his familiar; his servant! On top of that, she reminded him of his magical ineptitude. He didn't like her. He didn't even want to like her. He just wanted her gone!

"Master Daine..."

Caeli looked up as the school's headmaster walked into the hospital wing.

"I believe I've found the perfect... solution to your problem." The headmaster nodded at an elf woman who was standing at his side. "This is a familiar similar to yours in the fact it can use Remedium, it should be able to awaken her from her sleep."

Caeli watched as the elf placed a hand on his familiar's forehead and surrounded her in a green glow. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath, waiting to see if this would work. Moments later, the girl's eyes slowly opened and she looked around at all the people in the room.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
When Oakley felt herself wake up, she didn't open her eyes. Like she did every morning, she pondered what she had dreamt about last night. A green light as she walked home, a kiss by a boy as she teleported to some place. Wow. What a weird dream. But unlike the dreams, her ability to recollect it was quite... unhazed was the best word for it. Usually, when she tried to think about it, she would reach out for the dream with her mind but only bring back bits and pieces of information. But now, she could pull it all back. Her groceries, the shade and hue of the light, her exact thoughts at the time. Whoa. What a cool dream. She'd have to write that one down somewhere so she wouldn't forget it.

Her eyes still closed, she rubbed her eyelids and forehead, gently scratching at any bump or pimple in the making. Her arms felt sore as she lifted them, like she had been asleep quite a long time. She opened her eyes to inspect them when instead they focused on a group of teens around her and a elf standing over her, her hands emitting a green glow on her chest. Wait, what?

"A-ah!" sat up on her hands and skittered herself to the front of her bed. Oh god, oh god, oh god. She was dead, wasn't she? If she was... this was no Heaven or Hell she'd imagined. True, she was no Christian or believer of God but the way the church went on about it, surely Heaven would be a lot more white and Hell would be red and maybe a little hot? She blinked again, taking a millisecond to study her surroundings. It was a room, quite a dingy one if she said so herself, with wooden floorboards and stone walls that were far outdated. Like a house from the medieval era, only not as dark as she would have imagined.

Oh! There was a simple solution to this! These were... Dungeons and Dragons nerds and had kidnapped her and were performing some kind of ritual on her! ... Well, it wasn't that simple.

"What do you w-want?!" Oakley said, clinging to the bed head. Her arms still felt awfully and now her head throbbed, but she didn't care much of it since her own life seemed to matter a little more. "You want my wallet, ta-" she felt her pocket for her wallet, but found nothing. Oh, so they had already robbed her? Charming. "Where a-am I?"

"You!" Her eyes fell on a familiar face, the boy who had kissed her in her dream! So it wasn't a dream! Ugh, gross! First the nerds rob her, then they try to... no, no, no, no, no! She mustn't think of things like that! A hand clapped to her mouth and she rubbed her lips vigorously. What kind of crazy nerds were they?!

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
The groups seemed to just observe the girls panicked rantings for a moment and mumble to themselves.

"Prof.... perhaps it would have been better to leave this one asleep..." Emil mocked, however by his tone he sounded completely serious.

"She did seem much more appealing a few moments ago, now she just seems loud..." Josh added.

"I understand where you're coming from but we couldn't just leave master Daine familiareless now could we?" The professor replied.

"This is why you should have some sort of failsafe system..." Josh sighed.

"Where a-am I?" The girl asked, she had finnaly come to her senses.

"Ah... finnaly you ask the golden question." Awenston smiled.

"My dear you are currently at Triteins academy for..."

"You!" The girls outburst cut the professor off.

"Are all people from Earth so rude?" He thought.

"Ahem, if you would let me explain you are at Tristeins school for the magical arts and to be blatently truthful, you are now this young mans partner and servant." He pointed familiar to master.

"Mostly servant, your master will explain things to you in further detail... either way it is late and I suggest all of you get some sleep... I will be taking Adriel for overnight questioning, the princess will be remaining with the other guests in the West tower and I require all of you to join me in my office tommorow morning. Understood? Of course it is, now get going." Like a flash the headmaster and Adriel left leaving the group of magai and familiare to go about there own buissiness.

Josh approached Kenna and Emil.

"is everyone alright, I understand I may have hurt you Emil, are you Ok?" Josh asked.

"You weren't yourself, don't worry about it, I'll be fine." Emil smiled slightly.

"What about you Kenna?" Josh asked.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
"What about you Kenna?" Josh asked.

"I am fine. You can be quite scary though." Kenna grinned.

She studied Josh, he looked calm now. It surprised her how he reacted. Yes, of course he was going to be upset but the last thing that she expected was for him to attack every one, yet he had not gone after her.

Kenna looked over at Emil and smiled warmly at him. He had tried his best to help Josh and for that Kenna was grateful. It was nice to see that they were not arguing right now and they were relying on each other.

"How are you feeling now?" Kenna asked Josh.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Josh smiled. Though he had a feeling of foreboding, as if his time with Kenna was limited... how strange.

"Hehe, sorry about the whole "scary" thing... I just, I dunno, something clicked inside me when I heard that news, that the chaos heart... she's.... *sigh* Either way, I should be fine now." Josh tried to smile again, but he couldn't find the will to do so.

Emil sensed the despair in the atmosphere and tried to liven things up.

"We should all go and get some rest!" He exclaimed, (maybe a little too loudly for Joshs tastes, but oh well.)

Josh simply nodded and reached out for Kennas hand so they could walk back to the room together, it felt stupid and childish, but also somehow right.

"C'mon then Kenna, lets go."

Back