• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2008] Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Lookin' good, Hisho. I loved the beta. Usually, I'm kinda reluctant to download patches and then bother myself with downloading roms, but this hack is an exception. It's awesome!

Alright, so as mentioned in that link provided for the full info. on UPS, it doesn't work in VBA. So which emulator do you plan on using, then? For some reason, I have a gut feeling that it'll work in No$GBA. Perhaps not now, but later in the near future.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
That's deliberate: Nugget Pass's layout intentionally reflects that of FireRed's, only because Brown's actually reflects that of Red's. And I'm not changing it.

Heck, it's a coincidence that the other side of the grassy areas with the ledges would remotely resemble the FireRed counter part as I had specifically blanked that part out.

Ah, didn't know that. Oh well, if it was like that Brown :D

As I haven't played Brown, I was just curious as to how much different the two games are. Is it like comparing Red to FireRed?

Enigmatic Soldier

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Question

will you or a tester release a guide on how to do ups patching in detail.

also whats the ips method called when you put the rom and hack in the same folder and make them both have the same name to make them work cause thats what i use.

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
will you or a tester release a guide on how to do ups patching in detail.

also whats the ips method called when you put the rom and hack in the same folder and make them both have the same name to make them work cause thats what i use.

You simply download a UPS Patcher

Make a backup of a Fire Red ROM so you can still play the original if needed.

In the UPS patcher...
Select a copy of a Fire Red ROM, as the "Input File".
As the "Output File", call it something to remember it by, like Rijon Adventures Version <whatever>.gba.
Select the rijonadventures.ups file as the "Patch File".
Click "Apply".

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
This game's really good, I like the spinning the money wheel event. Anyway this hack going great, I can't wait for the next release of this hack.
Good luck Hiroshi, I hope for some more updates soon! ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2013
I have a question. Do you have to trade the pokemon like Kadabra for them to evolve?

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
i've been stuck. what do i do with the keg of beer? and how do i get the bike or suf? i have now idea where to go after the 4th gym badge.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
looks good but it needs a new OW Sprite that is what made it not appeal to me much

also I think some pokedex info wud be good too

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wow nice. So wait there are 50 of her around seashore city and you have to battle all the trainers in the gym to find out who she is so that you can go outside talk to the real one to go back to the gym and eventually battle her?

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I love how you've just given me an idea. [highlight]LEAK LEAK LEAK[/highlight] (Maybe I'll try that.)

The original concept is that the gym itself looks like Seashore, actually. It's not Seashore though, and there's maybe 15 people who look like Sheral around the fake town.

Ok, then why doesn't she have a Ditto, or a pokemon with Mimic? (Copycat moves)

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I love how you've just given me an idea. [highlight]LEAK LEAK LEAK[/highlight] (Maybe I'll try that.)

The original concept is that the gym itself looks like Seashore, actually. It's not Seashore though, and there's maybe 15 people who look like Sheral around the fake town.
Oho gotchu but hey it was worth a shot right?

Back