• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Pokemon did you use the Master Ball on?

Years
In my very first playthrough of Ruby (which was my first 3rd-gen game), I just used my Master Ball on Groudon. At that point I was still in a sort of 'aaah mascot Pokemon, Master Ball nao!' mindset. After that, though, I NEVER used the Master Ball on a Pokémon that wasn't a Roamer. So from there I'd use the Master Ball on Latios, whichever Legendary Beast would appear in LeafGreen, and then whichever Eon-mon I chose in Emerald.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
In Emerald, I used it on Rayquaza :3 I didn't bother to keep pressing a and b and I didn't want to waste Pokeballs so I just used it right away. lol

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2016
Well, my first time was when I was little. I saw a wild Pelipper, thought 'Wow, a big sprite! It must be powerful!' Used the Master Ball, never used it.

Now I tend to use it on runners.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2015
Lol, I remember that i catched a Linoone with a Master Ball on my Ruby.
I used a Master Ball on Rayquaza, Because rayquaza was my favorite Pokemon, so i didn't wanted to waste balls so that's why..

iX Billie

Land Shark
Years
  • Age 24
  • Nah.
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
Oh yeah... Magikarp. My friends told me it was really good and I believed it, then when we battled I beat them cuz I had a Gyarados. However my first masterball was on a Ponyta in Yellow.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I just replayed all Gen 3, and every time I used the Master Ball on the roaming legendary.

All other legendaries took me 30 or so Ultra Balls to catch (each).

The only exception was Mewtwo in LeafGreen: one Ultra Ball without inflicting any status effects and after only one attack. I was lucky :) .

Years
Like most of the others who have posted here, I used my Master Ball to capture Latios in Ruby version because one of my friends who had already finished the game told me that it would keep fleeing whenever you encounter it.

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
As I recall, it was with Rayquaza in Pokémon Emerald. Now I regret having used it, because it could be used UltraBalls without any problem.

Cinnabar

Fenniken is godly.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I used my Master Ball on a shiny Hariyama in Emerald, I figured I could catch any legendary with an Ultra Ball.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I used my Master Ball on Latias in Sapphire and Latios in Emerald, I think (it's been a while). I don't think I've used mine yet on Ruby, nor have I used my Master Ball in LG. I'll probably use it on the roaming Pokemon in those games, as I can't think of any better purpose for it.

I don't remember the details of my other legendary captures, but I think I caught most of the generation 3 legends using several Ultra Balls apiece (anywhere from 2-30ish?).

Years
Emerald: Rayquaza usually lol, I always get impatient haha and I never usually pursue the other legendaries, I've never actually seen Latios/as in-game lol :)

Leaf Green - I don't think I used mine actually but if I did it would've been on the roaming dog, as I picked Charmander it would've been Suicune :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
I usually save my Master Ball for the roaming legendaries. So in Emerald I used it on Latios or Latias, and in Fire Red I used it one of the legendary dogs. The only exception to this is in Red/Blue I use it on Mewtwo.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
On Sapphire I used it on Kyogre and on Emerald I used it on Rayquaza. Looking back I wish I had caught them with net balls/ultra balls and save the master ball for Latios/Latias, but I was like 10 and I really wanted to catch them.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
In both my Ruby and Sapphire, I used it on the roaming Pokemon respective to that game.
But in Emerald, I never did use it. I caught all the Legendaries I could with Ultra Balls. (Except Kyogre, who I surprising caught in a Dive Ball.) I think it's still in there, actually. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I was such a noob back then, I started with Ruby and I wasted it on a STUPID Skitty!!!

Then, I learned to not waste it. So, I used it on Rayquaza in Emerald.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I always keep my Master Balls for bragging rights to prove that I didn't use any Master Balls to my friends.

Back