• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darke Hawke

Trainer of the Shadows
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2008
Uhhh... Why isn't my tutorial appearing in the Documents and Tutorials section? Here it is...
Spoiler:

Does anybody even like it? Maybe the reason it didn't go in is because the mods didn't like it...

I thought it was pretty good... maybe it didn;t go up either because, a mod hasn't looked at it yet, or there is already a tutorial like it? Idk, you should probably get a second opinion ;)

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Okay, I discovered something. The greatest amount of data your ROM can be expanded to is 32MB. Anymore and it will no work. I'm going to post a bit more programming later :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
light_trainer921 said:
That's strange... I counted the sprite I tried to import at OWEditor carefully and it's 16(I edited it first before counting it).....

Did you make sure to count the background colour also? It counts as one of the colours.

Darke Hawke

Trainer of the Shadows
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2008
Is it possible to insert G/S/C music in my fire red hack? If so, does anyone know where I can get the downloads, and how to replace them in the game?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
@Darke Hawke: You need to find Midi2Gba and have a look on google for some midi-related GSC music.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
I changed the borderblock and i still got that same error
I dunno why FR does this but it happens with all maps you insert yourself...You can't fix it besides making the map larger and dissallowing the player to get close enough to the borderblock to view it.

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
Did you make sure to count the background colour also? It counts as one of the colours.

The BG color is the same as one of the colors in the sprite so yes.

I also got 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to edit OW palletes using APE?

2. I wanted Kanto to have extra maps but I'm saving some for Johto. Is it possible that I add a map(not replace a map) to a bank?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
The BG color is the same as one of the colors in the sprite so yes.

I also got 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to edit OW palletes using APE?

2. I wanted Kanto to have extra maps but I'm saving some for Johto. Is it possible that I add a map(not replace a map) to a bank?

1. Yes, just find the offset and load it.

2. Yes, there are two ways, doing it via Advance Map I have heard some rumours that border blocks glitch or don't work properly and the other way is by adding more using hex.

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
Years
1. Yes, just find the offset and load it.

2. Yes, there are two ways, doing it via Advance Map I have heard some rumours that border blocks glitch or don't work properly and the other way is by adding more using hex.

1. What's the offset? I'm not good at finding pallete offsets.

2. How can I add using hex?

Last edited:

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Does anyone know how to fix this:
Spoiler:

In other words,can you make BG1 appear below the player sprite?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
1. What's the offset? I'm not good at finding pallete offsets.

2. How can I add using hex?

1. Each overworld has a different offset, to find the Pallete, in VBA go Tools> Pallete Viewer, then reverse the bytes of the colours you want eg. Pallete Viewer says 8A75, reverse that into 758A and then search for those 2 bytes in hex.

2. Each map is set up like this:

a)Map Structure: [Pointer to Map][Pointer to Event data][Pointer to Scripts][Pointer to Warps][Music (1-Byte)][Number (2-Byte)][Name (1-Byte)][Cave (1-Byte)][Weather (1-Byte)][Permission byte (1-Byte)][Name of map indicated when entering Yes=01 / No=00 (1-Byte)][Battle type (1-Byte)]

b)Size and Tileset: [X-Size][Y-Size]
[Pointer to border squares][Pointer to Mapdata]
[Pointer to Tileset-1][Pointer to Tileset-2]

c)Border Block: [Top-Left Block][Top-Right Block]
[Bottom-Left Block][Bottom-Right Block]

You would just need to add a new structure, size, tileset and border block and fix up all the pointers so it reads from a certain map.

TSK said:
Does anyone know how to fix this:
Spoiler:

In the AdvanceMap Block editor, check and see the tile. Under Below/Above make sure to have the tile filled out under Below and not Above. Also make sure the Behaviour-Byte is 00 and the Background-Byte is 00 under both catergories.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
In the AdvanceMap Block editor, check and see the tile. Under Below/Above make sure to have the tile filled out under Below and not Above. Also make sure the Behaviour-Byte is 00 and the Background-Byte is 00 under both catergories.

It's a two part tile I made myself,I'll see what I can do.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey all. Good day. It's me again!

I just wanna know three things for today...

(1) How many PKMN Contest Buildings are there in a Ruby ROM..?
(2) How many RIBBONs are there in a Ruby ROM..?
(3) While I was double-check my hack, I sometimes hear some PKMN Cries in the background music... For instance, I heard a Skarmory cry in a cave music and a Plusle cry in New Mauville's background music... Is that normal..?

That's all and thanks in advance! Good day! ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hey all. Good day. It's me again!

I just wanna know three things for today...

(1) How many PKMN Contest Buildings are there in a Ruby ROM..?
(2) How many RIBBONs are there in a Ruby ROM..?
(3) While I was double-check my hack, I sometimes hear some PKMN Cries in the background music... For instance, I heard a Skarmory cry in a cave music and a Plusle cry in New Mauville's background music... Is that normal..?

That's all and thanks in advance! Good day! ;)

1. There are four Contest halls in Verdanturf(Normal Rank), Fallarbor(Super Rank), Slateport(Hyper Rank) and Lilycove(Master Rank).
2. Ribbons you can get in a Ruby:
Beating the Elite Four
Coolness Contest Normal Level
Beauty Contest Normal Level
Smart Contest Normal Level
Toughness Contest Normal Level
Cuteness Contest Normal Level
Coolness Contest Super Level
Beauty Contest Super Level
Smart Contest Super Level
Toughness Contest Super Level
Cuteness Contest Super Level
Coolness Contest Hyper Level
Beauty Contest Hyper Level
Smart Contest Hyper Level
Toughness Contest Hyper Level
Cuteness Contest Hyper Level
Coolness Contest Master Level
Beauty Contest Master Level
Smart Contest Master Level
Toughness Contest Master Level
Cuteness Contest Master Level
Girl in Slateport Market
3. That is normal...don't go hearing things xD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, thanks guys! That really cleared some confusion scrambling in my head... :D

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back