• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N's Pokemon in the wild

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Another nice feature that GameFreak added to Black and White 2 is the ability to capture the Pokemon which N released into the wild. This feature is unlocked when memory link is used. When the player encounters one of N's Pokemon in the wild, the message reads "A wild <Pokemon> appeared?!". And the Pokemon's appearance animation has diamond shapes around it, a bit like when a shiny appears with stars.

What do you think about this feature?

I like it. It shows that GameFreak invested a lot in these games, especially to show continuity.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It's a cute, nifty idea, but you'd think they'd make them a little more special other than the OT being different from your own. Like, make their natures beneficial to their best stat or a special move; SOMETHING. But, really, they're just regular Pokemon caught in the wild that sparkle a little when they enter the battlefield. I think they could have done a little extra with it, though I do like it.

Pinta77

I think it's a neat idea. I unfortunately never got to try it out. (I only rented the B2&W2) I got the Zorua though, and I'm happy with it.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I've caught a bunch of them, mostly in the Desert Resort. I accidentally fainted one today though :( Used False Swipe, forgeting about the sandstorm lol

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I thought it was nice. The Darmanitan really proved to be useful during my first playthrough. And I love the entry animations!

It's pretty cool, but they could have been more common... especially those in Desert Resort... :D

If you have a lv22 Pokemon as your lead and use a Repel, they will appear at a 100% rate (unless it's swarming then you'll see Hippowdon too). That's how I found them with no trouble, at least.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Wait, you can find those? That's cool. I'll be hunting, now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

You can only catch them if you do a memory link with your black or white file where you have beaten the elite four + ghetsis (I think). But once you do that go for it!

I caught a few myself while wandering around Unova. I should see about catching more of them sometime haha.

Years
I have to say this was a neat feature that abuses the Memory Link well.

The only downside is that N's Pokemon are Shiny-blocked but they can be useful to have on your team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

Here's the list of N's Pokemon, as well as the locations they can be found in. Note that their natures are fixed.

Anyway, I like the concept of you catching N's Pokemon after doing the Memory Link. I already have his Pokemon from the Desert Resort.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I can't understand how that feature works, please someone explain that again to me <___<

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Where can you find them, have not seen one yet?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I can't understand how that feature works, please someone explain that again to me <___<
You go to specific locations and if you are lucky, you might find the Pokémon that will sparkle like shiny but isn't shiny, if you catch it, you will realize that you cannot nickname that Pokémon and if you check the summary, you will see that they have N's OT and ID and they description is something like "This Pokémon once became friends with a legendary trainer."

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Are they hard to find? I kinda want one badly now lol. And what Pokemon are they, any specific species to look for.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Are they hard to find? I kinda want one badly now lol. And what Pokemon are they, any specific species to look for.

They could be hard to find (1-5%), but they're easy to identify because when you encounter them, green sparkles will surround them. They still have the green sparkles when sent into battle.

Anyway, here's the list of N's Pokemon and their locations:

Route 2: Purrloin

Wellspring Cave: Woobat

Pinwheel Forest (outside): Tympole, Pidove, Timburr

Desert Resort: Sandile, Scraggy, Darumaka, Darmanitan, Sigilyph

Chargestone Cave: Boldore, Joltik, Ferroseed, Klink

You also get N's Zorua from Rood in Driftveil after beating him in a battle.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
That helped a lot! Now to go seacrh, already have the Zoroa, time to find the rest!

Back