• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I participated in one similar to that, but it was more challenging because the next poster would pick what Pokemon you had to level, and I got stuck with a Male Combee. :/
Wow, that sucks.

I'd do this too, also, I think it would be fun to do something like that where the OP picks a random Pokemon or the next poster picks one, for an added challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Personally, I think it'd be better to choose what you want to level up to 100, excluding legendaries of course. But then again, I love variety, so I wouldn't mind someone choosing a Pokemon for me. And that was kinda cheap for someone to give you a male Combee. If this challenge is made and the OP/next poster gives you your Pokemon, there could be a rule for no Pokemon like Magikarp, Combee, Weedle, etc. unless you were allowed to evolve it.

Teddy The Elite

Absol Is My Waifu~<3:D
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2010
I was thinking something along the lines of a forum Gym Leader challenge. As in, users pick a type, all lvl 100s, all with their type. Then, via Wi-Fi, forum members can battle the gym leaders and, in a sense, get a badge. It'd be a first come, first serve for sign ups, but if they could not have a team ready by a predetermined date, they'd lose their slot. Thoughts?

IceFireLighnting

Anime team challenge!

Use the team of a trainer in any season of the anime or in any movie! You can choose out of any pokemon they have ever had! It has to be exactly the same, except the nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES!

E.G. Muk, Pikachu, Torterra, 2 Tauros (Ash)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I was thinking something along the lines of a forum Gym Leader challenge. As in, users pick a type, all lvl 100s, all with their type. Then, via Wi-Fi, forum members can battle the gym leaders and, in a sense, get a badge. It'd be a first come, first serve for sign ups, but if they could not have a team ready by a predetermined date, they'd lose their slot. Thoughts?

There is already such a thing on PC, and it would be found here.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Sounds like tournaments and stuff. Not really a challenge. But those are done in the Wi-Fi section.

Use the team of a trainer in any season of the anime or in any movie! You can choose out of any pokemon they have ever had! It has to be exactly the same, except the nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES!

Pick a character challenge, or something like that. It should still be active somewhere, if you'd like to try it.

Edit: Well, yours got approved since the other seems to have died out. Good luck with it!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
If anyone just wants to feel the rush of owning a challenge, I've compiled a list of the challenges we have on this board. And there's some suggestions that are based on other challenges. The suggestions are in red, and the existing challenges are in blue, if you can't figure it out.

Spoiler:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
NO ONE STEAL THIS

What if, to complete the game, you had to compete other requirements, such as

-Catch 100 Pokemon
-Win a master rank contest
-Get a Platinum Flag (if you can)
-Catch Munchlax :P

eH?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
NO ONE STEAL THIS

What if, to complete the game, you had to compete other requirements, such as

-Catch 100 Pokemon
-Win a master rank contest
-Get a Platinum Flag (if you can)
-Catch Munchlax

Haha, the SUPAR challenge? Catch Munchlax made me lol, I must admit. I'd give it a try, however I can't do the flag stuff. And by catch 100, have 100 in the Pokedex or actually catch 100 Pokemon? And all different species, I assume?

Also, I thought of this yesterday, however it probably won't work, depending on how the current Alphabet challenge works. But basically, you assign teams in alphabetical order. You can choose how many you want, but say I was the first to sign up and wanted a team of 4. I'd have to use Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl. The next person might sign up wanting 6, so they'd have Aggron, Aipom, Alakazam, Altaria, Ambipom, and Ampharos. I think it'd be cool. :> Obviously legendaries would be skipped though, unless the OP allows it. It doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes I do feel bad that they're excluded from challenges, even though they make the game easy. But that doesn't mean someone should go making a legendary challenge.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
haha, its harder than it sounds, 4 trees all with a 1 percent chance of finding it, pure hell. I honeyed everyday to find one on diamond, they have generators, but you need your secret id.
Munchlax_by_nikitt11.gif
Also, I really don't get how you're reffering to the alphabet challenge (no offense, its probably me, not reading thoroughly)

Also, I did mean actually capture 100 different species of Pokemon.

1 trade would be allowed, but the Pokemon should be from the region's dex and traded as an egg so its the challenger's OT, (ex: If I wanted a Porygon-Z before the Pokemon League in D/P it would be legal to trade a larvitar egg from Diamond)

So can I post a thread of this? (I'll fix some stuff of course) Any other suggestions for the SUPAR Challenge?

*and you would have to have all 10 Pokethealon records instead of the contest one if your playing HG/SS, but I'll start with one for DP AND think of a HG/SS one as well

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So can I post a thread of this? (I'll fix some stuff of course) Any other suggestions for the SUPAR Challenge?

*and you would have to have all 10 Pokethealon records instead of the contest one if your playing HG/SS, but I'll start with one for DP AND think of a HG/SS one as well

Sure, as long as you're participating. And you don't have to call it that, haha. That was just my stupidity. :B Another suggestion might be to use only Pokeballs. And don't do separate threads for different games, just post their specifications in one thread.

Getting all those Pokethlon things seems a little too much though, as getting to the Master Rank isn't nearly that crazy. And one Master Rank or each category in Master Rank?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Also, I thought of this yesterday, however it probably won't work, depending on how the current Alphabet challenge works. But basically, you assign teams in alphabetical order. You can choose how many you want, but say I was the first to sign up and wanted a team of 4. I'd have to use Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl. The next person might sign up wanting 6, so they'd have Aggron, Aipom, Alakazam, Altaria, Ambipom, and Ampharos. I think it'd be cool. :> Obviously legendaries would be skipped though, unless the OP allows it. It doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes I do feel bad that they're excluded from challenges, even though they make the game easy. But that doesn't mean someone should go making a legendary challenge.
I think this would be cool. Would you allow people to evolve? Because I have a feeling someone can get shafted with the right Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think this would be cool. Would you allow people to evolve? Because I have a feeling someone can get shafted with the right Pokemon.

Still using my example team of Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl, I'd have to get Snover for Abamosnow. But since Abra is in that alphabetical listing, then no, I couldn't evolve it. Kind of like the random challenge in a way. So, like the random challenge, people could get stuck with Kakuna and such... :x

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Sure, as long as you're participating. And you don't have to call it that, haha. That was just my stupidity. :B Another suggestion might be to use only Pokeballs. And don't do separate threads for different games, just post their specifications in one thread.

Getting all those Pokethlon things seems a little too much though, as getting to the Master Rank isn't nearly that crazy. And one Master Rank or each category in Master Rank?

I didn't find it that hard, the Pokethaleon records can be broken by intermeditate level poketheletes, its not like cy young's wins record in baseball or something that can never be broken. . I actually find Pokethealon easier than contests btw.
I'll just write Gen 4 SUPAR challenge

hack1

Dragon Green
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
Someone should make something like Swapping Team challenge. In start you have team of 4, and after every gym you need to box 1 your team member and capture & train new Poke.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
What about the Ultimate Nuzclocke Challenge? Yeah I know that would be a pain to complete, but I still see many people completing it. I might make it if I have time to do it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I thought about that one, but I mean, i dunno, it doesn't have the same effect for me. In the other Ultimates, your team had the same qualities, and you bonded together more, sometimes with the same Pokemon. I just don't get that effect with a nuzlocke.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Hey Sidian, can I make a Nuzlocke Challenge thread for Pokemon Raptor?
Its a fangame but its all the way complete and downloadable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back