• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
sorry, i meant overworld sprite. yesterday i spent bout an hour going down my hex editor changing every single [20 01] zigzagoon to [97 00]mew, i just got bored so i thoght i'd ask. and wit your index png problem, i had the same problem, i'm not quite sure what causes that. i just decided not to make new pokemon.:( sorry

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry, i meant overworld sprite. yesterday i spent bout an hour going down my hex editor changing every single [20 01] zigzagoon to [97 00]mew, i just got bored so i thoght i'd ask. and wit your index png problem, i had the same problem, i'm not quite sure what causes that. i just decided not to make new pokemon. sorry
Like Bxela1 said, Use the program Spread. It edits Pokemon sprites.

So there's no difference between indexed and normal PNG then?
Ah an indexed PNG. I'm not sure exactly what that is. I probably use them all the time, but I'm bad at "Tech-lingo". Sorry, Good luck; try googling it. Where exactly did you hear this term?

Last edited:

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where exactly did you hear this term?

unLZ.GBA won't let me upload my pokemon because they aren't indexed sprites.

Also, your idea on the other thread doesn't work for me. I had to put the 1st gba extension on 'game' because i have hide extensions off.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
help

Yes it is possible, just find a flag that requires that says the Elite-Four have been defeated. Apply it to your script.

I cannot find the flag. I don't even know where to look on this forum or any search.

I just want a tutorial on how to do it. so that after I beat the pokemon league the ferry will take me to my newly created Island.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I cannot find the flag. I don't even know where to look on this forum or any search.

I just want a tutorial on how to do it. so that after I beat the pokemon league the ferry will take me to my newly created Island.
Sorry, but your not going to find an exact tutorial on what you want to do. Scriping takes a lot of trial-and-error to get right. I believe the flag given after beating the elite-four is "844". Though I am not sure. Read tutorials on Scripting, here at PC, and try to make a script yourself. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Well...umm...okay...I dumped the GFX bank from FR in RSBall, but everything is still messed up in PET. And I got 2 more problems...
1-Someone said I could use FR in AdvanceMap, well...I can't. Maybe it's the version, but I still want to change the wild Poké's, so plz I need help.
2-MAJOR problem...How can I make FR save? It just gives an error and I want to beat the Pokémon League...

Thanks again,

~Cya, UnitRico

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Also, if anybody knows what an indexed PNG actually is, that would be great if they could tell me.

Yuo should have taken a closer search, because the question has already been answered before. Read here

Is there a way to completely erase all of the maps in your ROM? I don't mean to take away the banks, etc.(although that would help too)I just want to make them blank maps. Thanks!

Yes, you can use MapPurger. Anyway, take my advice: try the program on a clean ROM before ;)

Does anyone have the Emerald pokeroms.ini file so that i can use BaseEdit for emerald. I have looked all over the place for it and i cannot find it. If not does anyone know how i could use a hex editor to change pokemon stats to make them better. I dont know what i need to look for.

You didn't look everywhere, obviously. A PokeRoms.ini which supports Emerald exists but BaseStat won't work because the needed offset it's not specified. Try using Pokémon Amplifer 3.2/Amplifier 2006 Ae instead.

Well...umm...okay...I dumped the GFX bank from FR in RSBall, but everything is still messed up in PET. And I got 2 more problems...

1-Someone said I could use FR in AdvanceMap, well...I can't. Maybe it's the version, but I still want to change the wild Poké's, so plz I need help.

2-MAJOR problem...How can I make FR save? It just gives an error and I want to beat the Pokémon League...

PET was designed originally for R/S. With Emerald or FR/LG you'll sure have some problems. For now, it's better to edit the trainers manually.

For the other two question, try downloading another FR ROM and check if this change something.

Last edited:

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
wat can i use to edit trainers for emerald. i tried using pet but it gives me an error

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
ja i know that, i've changed the sprites already, but i mean like in pet for r/s you can change their name, pokemon, and so on. but emerald don't work with pet.

can i use D/P sprites in Emerald?

Last edited:

cory70

PokeRom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
ja i know that, i've changed the sprites already, but i mean like in pet for r/s you can change their name, pokemon, and so on. but emerald don't work with pet.

can i use D/P sprites in Emerald?

You can change the trainers by hex editing, i dont really know of any other program.

Also with the D/P Sprites you can use them but they are a bigger size so you will have to shrink them.

Hope that helps

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
You can change the trainers by hex editing, i dont really know of any other program.

Also with the D/P Sprites you can use them but they are a bigger size so you will have to shrink them.

Hope that helps

thanx is kinda what i thought.
you wouldn't know how to edit them in hex would you???

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
YAY! I solved one problem.

I just converted from PNG to BMP and it uploaded fine.

Now I just need to fix my scripting, in the meantime i'll start filling up the pokedex.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
Does it work in the game?

I assume that you're talking to me and I tried it and it was cut into segments. I have realised that it is due to size modification.

Also, does anyone know how to edit the name of the pokemon (I forgot :P) and does anyone know how to edit the picture of the pokemon next to the nickname and in your party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back