• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

robin22gongon's Pixel Gallery

What do you think of my Art?

• BAD! Can you give it to me? I'll use it as a doormat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're the WORST! You should be in the mud!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The OWs look much better with the whites in their eyes. The male hero is a bit rough on the neck, and the left arm can use a bit more detail (like an extra dark dot). I think the outlines near the waistline and downwards need a bit smoothening and s-outlining. Also the right slipper's end has a dot, making it shaped like an L, which it shouldn't be.

I think Kurama(cute li'l fox)'s head should have more shading in the bottom part, but other than that it's simply adoooooorable!

The other one, Shukaku's eye are a bit ruined-type, it should get a more life-like feeling. This is best done by adding a different colour for the eye, or lightening it up at the centre.

The female hero could use some work; once again the waistline and slipper problem, and I don't think it's wise to copy the same kind of legs and clothing. I think you should give her an alternative pose or something, since there are small differences between male and female sprites. The hair should be defined better, like putting in some creases and fixing the outlines.

And the OWs... well, they're pretty good enough. (I think you should make gym leaders in your custom template, tho)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
The OWs look much better with the whites in their eyes. The male hero is a bit rough on the neck, and the left arm can use a bit more detail (like an extra dark dot). I think the outlines near the waistline and downwards need a bit smoothening and s-outlining. Also the right slipper's end has a dot, making it shaped like an L, which it shouldn't be.

I think Kurama(cute li'l fox)'s head should have more shading in the bottom part, but other than that it's simply adoooooorable!

The other one, Shukaku's eye are a bit ruined-type, it should get a more life-like feeling. This is best done by adding a different colour for the eye, or lightening it up at the centre.

The female hero could use some work; once again the waistline and slipper problem, and I don't think it's wise to copy the same kind of legs and clothing. I think you should give her an alternative pose or something, since there are small differences between male and female sprites. The hair should be defined better, like putting in some creases and fixing the outlines.

And the OWs... well, they're pretty good enough. (I think you should make gym leaders in your custom template, tho)
Ok, I'll try to fix your "findings" on my sprites.

Your OWs are very good and your Fakemons are too cute.
Thanks for dropping by and posting your comment.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys, I might not be able to post new sprites for a while. I'm currently halted on making Pocket Ninja since all sprites have to be custom-made and nobody's helping me :( so I put it on hold currently. And while it's on hold while I'm making the sprites, I'll be making another ROM hack but I'm not yet decided which demake I would do, B/W (Yes, 2 ROMS) or B2/W2 (2 ROMs also).

BTW guys I will edit this thread tomorrow because I already made a new thread for Pocket Ninja here.

Promise I'll edit this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys! I updated the BW-Based OW. It now looks more accurate like this:

And here's Hilbert:

BUT! I tried using this in a rom and poof! It doesn't fit the timing. So if I were you, I wouldn't use this for a rom hack. It just doesn't fit the tempo of a running OW in FR. You may however, use this for other purposes, just credit me.

Years
okay why didnt try to make brendan and may oversprites...I know its hard but if possible can you do it...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
With the same style? What for? Do you need it? I'll only do it if someone requests and it's really not good in-game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
UPDATE! Re-up this thread too. I don't want to let my thread die

I made an OW Sprite Sheet that is a combination of FR/LG and R/S/E Style Graphics.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey guys, I'm quite confused because I made this:

I thought of using it as a new base for PN Battle Sprites. It's a unisex sprite. But it occupies more space.

So which do you prefer:
This;

Or this?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey Guys! I'm currently onto making Hero Sprites (and eventually Rivals and Misc. Sprites) based on their Sugimori Art.
Here's a Finished Red:

And a WIP Green:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
The top one for Pocket Ninja all the way. A larger canvas means more details that can be added, and that's always good. Plus, it looks less cramped.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Red is good except his pant. It looks a bit out of place. And for Green, it definitely need some and work and since it is WIP, I know you are working on it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Red is good except his pant. It looks a bit out of place. And for Green, it definitely need some and work and since it is WIP, I know you are working on it.

Well, Red's Pants; I made them similar with the original sprite which also has mainly black outline on it. And that triangle on the side is his pocket bulging out because his hand is in it.

Green Sucks. End of line.

That's why I hate spriting girls. =(

The top one for Pocket Ninja all the way. A larger canvas means more details that can be added, and that's always good. Plus, it looks less cramped.

Thanks! Even I thought so too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
OKAY! I have already done the first seven sprites of PN!
Here they are:
Spoiler:

I gotta say this:
Spoiler:

I thought it would be better to post them in a montage rather than I upload every single sheet. It would crowd my Photobucket.

BTW, I need comments NAO!

~robin22gongon

BTW: Which do you guys prefer?
This one (Complete Susanoo)
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/014/7/5/Sasuke__s_Susanoo_by_DaKroG.jpg
Or this one? (Complete Susanoo Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan)
http://images.wikia.com/naruto/images/f/f6/Sasuke_Eternal_MS_Susanoo.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120101144737/naruto/images/5/5e/Second_Susanoo.png

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Sasuke, at least, post-timeskip Sasuke doesn't look ... Angry enough. Or perhaps the word I'm looking for is placid, I'm not quite sure. Regardless, he looks too happy. I would work on his eyes if I were you.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Sasuke, at least, post-timeskip Sasuke doesn't look ... Angry enough. Or perhaps the word I'm looking for is placid, I'm not quite sure. Regardless, he looks too happy. I would work on his eyes if I were you.

Which one again? Can you tell me the number? Those sprites are numbered from 1-9 from left to right.

P.S. Thanks for your feedback! ^^

~robin22gongon

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Things are starting to look great!

Although one thing why the heck is Choji so skinny? As for the rest they are all good especially the Kid Kakashi it's cute yet cool.

Keep it up! :)

Well, it IS hard making the base so spriting a special, fat one just for Choji is gonna be a pain in the ass. And I have an excuse for that. Hint: Butterfly.

Back