• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
It is somewhat of a bad idea to do so though, since PET makes errors every once in a while... you CAN do it, but you are better off using A-TEXT and / or A Hex Editor with a table file...

That, or simply waiting the next A-Trainer beta.

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
I knew the text in the GBA games wan't ASCII encoded... where do I download the table files?

err well i forgot where i got the table file, but i can email it to you.

also, you need a hex editor that supports tables, i suggest transhexlation

also, it only translates the texts, not the scripts or images (duh)

so you can text edit with a hex editor

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Can you edit all text in the game with a hex editor and table? I.E. things A-text didn't get. Like trainer classes and the button how-to menu in FR?

EDIT: WOOO. 333th post! This means I'm half as evil as the devil >:] Muhahahahah! *shot*

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Can you edit all text in the game with a hex editor and table? I.E. things A-text didn't get. Like trainer classes and the button how-to menu in FR?
yea. pretty sure.

and you know you can search for words in A-Text.

also, the table i have only works for advance games, wont work on GSC or RBY.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

EDIT: WOOO. 333th post! This means I'm half as evil as the devil >:] Muhahahahah! *shot*

Trainer Classes ARE located by A-Text thank you very much, that is how I change them for MY hack.

Just be smart about it and enter the text in ALL CAPS, since A-Text IS CASE SENSITIVE!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm looking for room in Pokemon FireRed for extra overworld sprites.

Are any of the overworld sprites found in OverworldEditor RE not used in the game?

Technically, they are all usable by the game, although you don't have to use some if you do not want to.

I'm thinking this is what you're looking for.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
True...
But you gotta remember, sometimes people set deadlines for themselves, for instance, they promise everyone a beta that is TODAY, they can't really wait, now can they? Heheh.
I'm allways using a-trainer -___-
and that program changes only the encounter music(when he talks with you before the start of the battle)I want to change the in battle music!!!!!!!!!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm allways using a-trainer -___-
and that program changes only the encounter music(when he talks with you before the start of the battle)I want to change the in battle music!!!!!!!!!

No no, I mean the NEXT A-Trainer, that will have the ability to change the Trainer Classes.
And you CAN change the in-battle music, with an ASM code.

You can get it, and have a very small description on how to use it... HERE

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, how can you change which types are super effective against each other? I want to establish the ???-type.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, how can you change which types are super effective against each other? I want to establish the ???-type.

This question has been answered already. Look at the Documents and Tutorials and at the Toolbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back