• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon: The Fifth Pillar

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Why is it always eleven?!? i mean seriously, why in the name of hell, would an eleven year old child, go on a journey around the world, and capture monsters that, have the destructive force to knock out half a building?!? it just doesnt make sense.
It isn't always eleven. In the original games, it's ten. And the why is simple. It's because the games are aimed at children. It's there so that children can feel like children are able to change the world and be famous and powerful and stuff. That's something that kids don't get to feel like.
As for the destructive force, one of the main themes of pokémon is that everyone is naturally nice except for the bad people, and we can always tell who they are. As for bad pokémon, there's always a "good" reason for why they're acting bad and so on so forth.

So it does make sense from a marketing/development point of view. It really does. If you want your target audience to connect with the main character, make the main character a part of the target audience.

You should also work on your comma usage. You're a bit off.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Why is it always eleven?!? i mean seriously, why in the name of hell, would an eleven year old child, go on a journey around the world, and capture monsters that, have the destructive force to knock out half a building?!? it just doesnt make sense.

There's something about a child taking on a huge responsibility and taking on a task greater than them that appeals to people. Pokemon isn't the first fictional franchise to have children as the protagonists.

And another point. If you recall, this is FICTION. It doesn't have to make complete sense. The joy of working with something that doesn't exist is that you can take creative liberties. And you wouldn't of been training Pokemon at eleven years old?

And I'm going to work with everyone's ideas they suggested for Rufflet's ability and come up with one. And as thanks for participating, everyone is going to get an emblem (besides Aero who already has two of my emblem lol).

A Shian

Got It Memorized?
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
Hey, I like the idea, it's good. Do you have any pictures you can show and will there be a male player?

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

Miscellaneous Information

This post will consist of random info that doesn't deserve its own post.

New Attacks
Feral Cry -
SpecialIC.gif
-
dark.png
- 100 BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Lowers opponent's Special Defense by 1 Stage - Exclusive move for Mandibuzz - Tutor Move (Must know Mystic Bone trait)
War Charge -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
normal.png
- 100 BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Lowers opponent's Defense by 1 Stage - Exclusive move for Braviary - Tutor Move (Must know War Bonnet trait)

Frost -
StatusIC.gif
-
ice.png
- -- BP - 75% Acc - 15 PP - Fills the area with cold air that freezes the opponent in its place - Legre Gym TM
Magic Trick -
SpecialIC.gif
-
psychic.png
- 35 BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Astounds the opponent with its magical prowess and puts the opponent to sleep - Asgarde Gym TM
Transfusion -
StatusIC.gif
-
normal.png
- -- BP - 90% Acc - 10 PP - Surrounds the opponent in a mysterious aura that saps 1/8th of the opponent's HP per turn and restores the user's HP by the same amount - Heimdawl Gym TM
Riptide -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
water.png
- 60 BP - 100% Acc - 20 PP - Sweeps the opponent off its feet with a burst of water and lowers their speed by one stage - Aeger Gym TM
Life Drain -
SpecialIC.gif
-
dark.png
- 75 BP - 100% Acc - 10 PP - Summons dark power from within and attacks the opponent while ½ of the damage dealt will be restored to the user as HP - Fenris Gym TM
Nova Blast -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
fire.png
- 50 BP - 100% Acc - 20 PP - Super charges the body and barrages the opponent with potent molten rocks that double in power for every turn it is used successfully. Limited to 250 BP (works like Fury Cutter) - Glenodin Gym TM
Rainbow Waltz -
SpecialIC.gif
-
bug.png
- 70 BP - 100% Acc - 10 PP - User releases a wave of positive energy that has a 40% chance of raising the user's Special Attack - Badonna Gym TM
Sacrifice -
StatusIC.gif
-
ghost.png
- -- BP - --% Acc - 5 PP - Uses all of its remaining energy which causes it to faint but the next Pokemon brought in gets +1 in all of its stats - Ebilokii Gym TM

Regal Song -
StatusIC.gif
-
ice.png
- -- BP - --% Acc - 20 PP - Increases the user's Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed by 1 stage - Benevolunt only
Ragnarok -
SpecialIC.gif
-
psychic.png
- 100 BP - 100% Acc - 10 PP - The user summons a massive... spoon and slashes the opponent. Can hit through Dark-types's immunity - Mewtwo only

Flame Lance -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
fire.png
- 95 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon summons a flaming lance and tosses it at the opponent
Ice Blade -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
ice.png
- 95 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon summons a frosty blade and slashes the opponent
Thunder Drop -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
electric.png
- 95 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon summons a charged hammer and drops it on the opponent

Plasma Flux -
SpecialIC.gif
-
electric.png
- 80 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP -  The Pokemon lobs a wave of plasma at the opponent which may leave a burn
Meteor Shower -
SpecialIC.gif
-
rock.png
- 120 BP - 85% Acc - 5 PP - The Pokemon uses an explosive meteor from the sky to damage the opponent
Possess -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
ghost.png
- 100 BP - 95% Acc - 10 PP - The Pokemon takes over the opponent temporarily and causes it to damage itself
Ambush -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
dark.png
- 80 BP - 100% Acc - 15 PP - The Pokemon sneaks up on the opponent and damages it from behind which may cause the opponent to flinch
Teleport Punch -
PhysicalIC.gif
-
psychic.png
- 80 BP - 100% Acc - 5 PP - The Pokemon teleports and lands a powerful punch (Psychic-type Extremespeed)
Smog Cloud -
SpecialIC.gif
-
fire.png
- 65 BP - 90% Acc - 15 PP - Releases a plume of lava, ash and smoke that poisons the opponent.

grass
ground
fighting
steel
poison
dragon

Small changes to existing moves/Pokémon/etc.
  • Finneon learns Quiver Dance at Level 32. Lumineon learns it at Level 41

Porygon-Z Forms
2PCdd.png

The Thorton Labs have taken the Porygon Project to a whole new level. They have used the unsanctioned Team Galactic Project "Porygon-Z" and made a whole new set of programs for your everyday use!

Angel Form
HP- 85
ATK- 65
DEF- 70
SATK- 100
SDEF- 70
SPEED- 145

Lunar Form
HP- 85
ATK- 125
DEF- 55
SATK- 125
SDEF- 55
SPEED- 90

Retro Form
HP- 85
ATK- 80
DEF- 70
SATK- 135
SDEF- 75
SPEED- 90

Trojan Form
HP- 85
ATK- 150
DEF- 85
SATK- 40
SDEF- 65
SPEED- 110

Firewall Form
HP- 85
ATK- 50
DEF- 135
SATK- 50
SDEF- 135
SPEED- 70

Silver Magikarp/Platinum Gyarados
200px-Silver_Magikarp.png

The Silver Magikarp population was said to have come into existence due to an overexposure to a potent pool of dew. All members of the species have a 1% appearance on all rods in all bodies of water. Unlike normal Magikarp, the silver variants are fierce competitors and said to closely resemble the draconian behavior exhibited by the species' ancestors.

When they evolve, they become Platinum Gyarados. This variant of the species has the same exact stat spread but is Water/Dragon instead of Water/Flying. Their temperament is also much more calm then normal Gyarados (though they are still prone to the occasional outburst. However, it is less destructive than normal). Because of this, Platinum Gyarados are incapable of learning Maelstrom.

Silver Magikarp
Water
Exclusive Trait: Mystic Scales
HP- 20
ATK- 65
DEF- 55
SATK- 15
SDEF- 40
SPEED- 80

-- Tackle
-- Splash
10 Water Gun
15 Dragon Rage
20 Flail
25 Aqua Tail
30 Rain Dance
35 Dragon Dance
40 Hydro Pump

Platinum Gyarados
Water/Dragon
Exclusive Trait: Mystic Scales
HP- 95
ATK- 135
DEF- 79
SATK- 60
SDEF- 100
SPEED- 81

-- Thrash
-- Ice Fang
-- Thunderfang
-- Fire Fang
20 Bite
25 Aqua Tail
30 Rain Dance
35 Dragon Tail
40 Dragon Dance
45 Hydro Pump
50 Outrage

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I am so catching a silver magikarp and naming it Ugly. ^.^

Great to hear that stuff is going along and you've started mapping!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years

First glimpse of Diane in action. As you can see her secret witch power is turning into a giant and becoming a creepy man fetus at any moment!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
She looks amazing Luke. However she seems rather large in comparison to the other characters, are the NPCs placeholders at the moment (I think they are since that map was from a beginner pack or whatever)?

It looks great though. :] I hope you can get someone to sprite the back and side sprites!

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
She looks amazing Luke. However she seems rather large in comparison to the other characters, are the NPCs placeholders at the moment (I think they are since that map was from a beginner pack or whatever)?

It looks great though. :] I hope you can get someone to sprite the back and side sprites!

Thank you~

And I'm positive that he's gonna use B/W npcs.
The map isn't in-game, but the test map in Pkmn Essentials.
And it's still a wip.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Me and Minezumi/sm97 make good sprites (actually overworlds), Check 'em out at dA.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
dude, did you really just advertise in a super moderators topic? not a wise choice.. but she looks nice luke, it would be nice to see her in her actual enviroment

Last edited:

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Me and Minezumi/sm97 make good sprites (actually overworlds), Check 'em out at dA.

Snivy, he already knows I'm an overworld spriter. I made the video. If you watched it to the end you'd see it. And I'm actually with KingCharizard in this one. NEVER advertise on a s-mod's thread.

dude, did you really just advertise in a super moderators topic? not a wise choice.. but she looks nice luke, it would be nice to see her in her actually enviroment

Thanks for the compliment. In the next video, I'll have her somewhere more appealing and around B/W styled overworlds, so don't worry.

Hooray! I finally finished the sprite! I think the map looks good too.

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
*infracts for double posting*

No but seriously she looks soooo good. I love the way her ponytail bounces back and forth when she walks. Can't wait to see what you do for the other OWs in my game when the time comes. :)

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
*infracts for double posting*

No but seriously she looks soooo good. I love the way her ponytail bounces back and forth when she walks. Can't wait to see what you do for the other OWs in my game when the time comes. :)

*reported for double posting*

I worked hard on it. And once you gives me more arts, I'll start :D

Kyo The Pro

I'm the Doctor
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
*reported for double posting*

I worked hard on it. And once you gives me more arts, I'll start :D

The diane sprite looks awesome when I first saw the concept art I thought no sprite would be able to do it justice
lol i quoted wrong post but eh who cares

Back