• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years
This is a mixed topic theory (Unova expansion + gameplay wish-list): If I recall, Cynthia mentions something about a gathering of champions where they collect to do battle. What if we were introduced to a new area (similar to the Sevii isles perhaps, a mini region if you will) where this takes place. You have one central town where this takes place with a half a dozen towns scattered about. This could be a tournament. And to get in the tournament you have earn a sort of commendation. (kinda like a post-game gym mixed with the battle frontier) And you have to earn a new set of commendations to enter the tournament each time (ie. rematches with increasing difficulty) This new region (I'd love to see the area immediately right of the above New York/Unova map) adds way for plot advancement as well as a way to add to the post game experience.
Oh and the tournament pulls a random assortment of contenders from various gyms, E4, league champs, heroes, former villains(?), and other bad-asses through out the generations.

And when you've defeated every competitor ever and won the final tournament, you get a cut scene of fire-works and a parade. Then the game acknowledges your excellence and arbitrarily resets your game knowing it has no more challenges for you and there is nothing more you can accomplish. :P (jk)

Years
I also think that Hoenn will be in the game, but nothing to do with R/S/E, but to continue the story, remember when the Shadow Triad gives you the Orbs and tells you that they helped Ghetsis to escape? they should continue on that in the next games
i think we would go back to hoenn as well

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
sinnoh is too big to be put into this game

the overwelming refs. to Hoenn (Dive Ball works on underwater Pokemon now? come on...)

to answer your question, the Reason i think its a link to Hoenn is because if you think about it, how in any kind of way can the Creation Trio fit into the main story line? they can't, but what they are basicly telling you is that Ghetsis has no need for them, but it tells you that Ghetsis is collecting them, then he runs off some where, i think Rayquazas gonna play a part, but i could be wrong, we have basicly no info so we can't really call anybodys theory dumb.

I agree about references to Hoenn, but it would be better for Hoenn to be in separated remakes, not in B2/W2, because of having it's own storyline. If Hoenn would appear in B2/W2 it would be just a minor region and that would really bad... it would decrease chances for R/S remakes because Game Freak wouldn't make Hoenn remake after putting it in B2/W2.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am against putting Hoenn in v2. I mean, its Black and white still, not a remake. And also not a minor region. The story would focus on Unova and what role would Hoenn play. Also, Hoenn geographically is too far from Unova.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I dont see Game Freak putting Hoenn in when they could give it its own remake and make so much more money. Although with people who say it's too far... there is an airport in Unova that could take them anywhere pretty much so you can't really rule anything out.

blue

gucci
Years
If they put Hoenn in B2W2 generally, they will make much LESS money than they could potentially make with remakes which would be a foolish move on Gamefreaks part and when it comes to money, they want the most they can possibly get. Just realised it's Pokémon Smash tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get at least one video or screenshot... it's been one week and they did a similar thing with HGSS. Looking forward to it because we're bound to hear something on the related topic.

Trainer Evan

Loses lots, but keeps trying!
Years
What would the three legendary Dragons, that created the Unova Region, be doing in Hoenn? The only one that would have an excuse is N's, because he bailed. The other two should still be in Unova.

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
I don't think we gonna get another region there is just not enough memory on the cartridge.
And Unova have no connection to any of the other regions.
Butt I think we could get something like the sevii uslands in FR/LG I liked them.

I don't think this is true. Simply look at an R4. How many games it stores. Sure, generally DS cartridges don't have too much memory, but if Gamefreak upped their budget a tiny bit, they could easily squeeze any 2 regions together. Even 3 or 4.

That's just what I think.

:)

GlaciaFox

A wandering Elite Glaceon
Years
one things for sure, pokemon ruby and sapphire are the only versions that havent been remade yet, so itll definitly be remade, and with the new b/w sequels coming up, theyd definitly add new features and other stuf for a whole new feel to the game so that players can enjoy it n of course itll talk about what happened to N too, its the sequel after all. but im still not sure about ruby n sapphire region being in the new b/w 2 versions, since alot of people think so cuz of the colors of the numbers on the black and white 2 pictures, but adding another region to it would be nice, i'd like that. just a few more months til we know for sure. can't wait.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
What would the three legendary Dragons, that created the Unova Region, be doing in Hoenn? The only one that would have an excuse is N's, because he bailed. The other two should still be in Unova.
i ment the option to travel to hoenn, and its the most possible region that N went too, seeing Hoenn is the southern most Region in the game (based off japan) unnova being based off New York

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
I honestly do not think Hoenn is going to be in this game as much as I love that place. Reason being apart from many 'hits' about hoenn and hints that there N might be in " some reigion far far away" there isn't any direct link between unova and Hoenn. I also would like my pokemon region to be complete as possible and to have hoenn in this game leads me to fear that it might not be complete as it would be if Hoenn is in its stand-alone remake ( remember how Kanto was half-assed in G/S/C I fear something similer might happen in this game if Hoenn was to be in it.)

blue

gucci
Years
When it says N has fled to a distant land.. it equally could be any land, there's no indication that Hoenn is the most likely to be it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
If Unova is generally based on New York, maybe N fled to another place based on US? For example Miami - in B2/W2 they could add island based on Miami, giving player ability to travel there by boat or Skyla's plane. Miami has similar environment to Hoenn - both places are in the most tropical areas of US and Japan. I picked Miami because they could introduce tropical environment to 5 gen - cities on islands, tropical forests, swamps and maybe hurricanes. Later they could copy those things to R/S remakes.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Idea

If Unova is generally based on New York, maybe N fled to another place based on US? For example Miami - in B2/W2 they could add island based on Miami, giving player ability to travel there by boat or Skyla's plane. Miami has similar environment to Hoenn - both places are in the most tropical areas of US and Japan. I picked Miami because they could introduce tropical environment to 5 gen - cities on islands, tropical forests, swamps and maybe hurricanes. Later they could copy those things to R/S remakes.

This is a really great idea, and I can definitely see it happening. I hope it does, too, because I love tropical areas in video games. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Although I think it's highly unlikely, I sure hope so. Black and White has gotten very old for me for a while now and if it's just a 'remake' with hardly any differences then I'll be sad D:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I agree about references to Hoenn, but it would be better for Hoenn to be in separated remakes, not in B2/W2, because of having it's own storyline. If Hoenn would appear in B2/W2 it would be just a minor region and that would really bad... it would decrease chances for R/S remakes because Game Freak wouldn't make Hoenn remake after putting it in B2/W2.
that maybe true, but we got two Rayquza events, Kyogre and Groudon in HG/SS and obvious hints in BW2 all around this time

of course i want Hoenn Remakes, but putting them in the games won't affect sales by a large margin at all, thats like saying that putting Kanto in GSC affected sales for FR/LG, which isn't the case

its possible for for them to want every region put on the DS, every other one was on it, why should Hoenn be different?

although, it is possible that more parts will be explorable which seems more likely.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
Hoenn's definitely not being tossed into the mix because, like the four other main regions, it's based on a region in Japan, therefore it's far away from Unova. It would be completely irrelevant to the game, and I think most people would prefer Hoenn to have its own story not mixing with others.

But it might share some sort of connection, like how Platinum hinted several things about Johto, like Red Gyarados. Maybe B2/W2's story might be happening at the same time as R/S/E's story, like a newscast on television saying how Hoenn is being drenched by a downpour, or suffering from a drought.

But sticking to the topic, no, I don't think there will be a new region. B2/W2, in my speculation, takes place after B/W, so since Unova is so advanced in construction and building, there can be a lot of new routes and buildings to explore. Maybe even extra landmasses, like mountains and caves; caves might have been dug deeper by explorers or archaeologists, etc.

We might get a set of (undiscovered?) islands to explore, maybe with new Pokémon (a small batch from Generation VI), or new branch evolutions (since there were none in B/W), or variations to existing Pokémon (like how the Orange Islands' Pokémon had different designs or colours on their bodies). I'm really hoping for new evolutions. After all, this game might not be the fifth generation, it might be the fifth and a half. :D

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Hoenn? I see no way that Hoenn could be part of either of these games. xD; Not only would I not want it to be, because I want Hoenn to get it's own games again, but like others have said, it's far away from Unova. You'd have to have the characters fly there, and I'd rather some new area anyway. I'm not sure how they're going to manage making B&W more awesome than they already were, because that seems hard to do, but I'd like to see maybe some smaller extra map, where you could catch Pokemon from older regions. That's really all I'm hoping for. xD;

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I, personally, can definitely see Hoenn being a major part of Black and White 2, but would much rather them have their own games.

As for where the games will take place, I really can't see it being anywhere else than somewhere new. The games are sequels and not mere third entries, so it wouldn't make very much sense if we went through all of the same areas from the originals. Now I'm not saying some of them (i.e. Castelia City) won't be accessible, but I just see an additional section of Unova being the most likely.

Back