• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What media are you into? Manga/Anime/Games/Toys...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
In what forms are you actually enjoying pokémon these days? Do you even read the mangas or do you only play the games or watch the anime? Do you collect cards or plushies or do you write fanfiction and RP? Or cosplay or something else even!

I'm just curious to hear in what ways you go about being a fan of pokémon these days :3

Personally, I mostly hang around PokéCommunity and do forum roleplaying, often involving pokémon trainers. Occasionally, I read a manga or watch anime episodes or play a challenge on one of the older main series games. I don't collect any kind of merchandise.

pkmin3033

I watch the anime (dubbed) and play the games, and the rest I dabble in. I've got a couple of Pokemon fanfics in the pipeline right now (which I may or may not post on here if I ever actually make any headway with them) and I used to roleplay on Pokemon-based forums a couple of years ago...it'd be nice to revisit that somewhen in the future.

The manga doesn't really interest me, although I may pick it up somewhen, as I keep meaning to get into manga in general. I have a modest collection of plushies (including a custom Rayquaza that is a little over 6ft long and cost me an arm and a leg to have commissioned) and a full art Meloetta card, which I use as a bookmark. I dabble in spriting from time to time as well.

So...yeah, that's me. xD

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The games have always been my main Pokemon thing. I used to watch the anime, but I stopped around the time the Hoenn stuff was coming to an end. Used to be into collecting the cards as well, but I lost interest so long ago. I've kinda been wanting to get into the manga. I actually went and started reading the Diamond and Pearl Adventures manga months ago, but the site I was reading it on doesn't have all the chapters/volumes up for some reason and I can't find another place/way to read it. =/ But still interested in finishing that one and reading others. And I'm not a merchandise person either.

Oh, and I spend a lot of time on PC, of course. Probably so much time that y'all are sick of seeing my face.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I watch the anime (dubbed) and play the games, and the rest I dabble in. I've got a couple of Pokemon fanfics in the pipeline right now (which I may or may not post on here if I ever actually make any headway with them) and I used to roleplay on Pokemon-based forums a couple of years ago...it'd be nice to revisit that somewhen in the future.

The manga doesn't really interest me, although I may pick it up somewhen, as I keep meaning to get into manga in general. I have a modest collection of plushies (including a custom Rayquaza that is a little over 6ft long and cost me an arm and a leg to have commissioned) and a full art Meloetta card, which I use as a bookmark. I dabble in spriting from time to time as well.

So...yeah, that's me. xD
Quite the multitalent poképerson I'd say! If you ever want to get into the Roleplay Corner here, don't hesitate to chat me up :] unless you've already had a look?

The games have always been my main Pokemon thing. I used to watch the anime, but I stopped around the time the Hoenn stuff was coming to an end. Used to be into collecting the cards as well, but I lost interest so long ago. I've kinda been wanting to get into the manga. I actually went and started reading the Diamond and Pearl Adventures manga months ago, but the site I was reading it on doesn't have all the chapters/volumes up for some reason and I can't find another place/way to read it. =/ But still interested in finishing that one and reading others. And I'm not a merchandise person either.

Oh, and I spend a lot of time on PC, of course. Probably so much time that y'all are sick of seeing my face.
Yes, go away.

Nah <3 Now in ORAS times, you should totally try to start reading the first Hoenn arc of the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga! It features a contest-crazy Ruby and a feral Saph and loads of plot. Make sure you find (meaning google it) the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga and not some similar thingy. The one you read, Diamond and Pearl Adventures, is something else. Pokémon Special/Adventures has Sinnoh arcs as well, but their version of "Lucas" is not at all the same.

Years
I did watch the anime at least up to Hoenn, and some Sinnoh but I stopped caring some way through then. I may have some other toys back at home, but here in my dorm I have a few plushies that I got at NYC late last year.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
Years
In what forms are you actually enjoying pokémon these days? Do you even read the mangas or do you only play the games or watch the anime? Do you collect cards or plushies or do you write fanfiction and RP? Or cosplay or something else even!

I'm just curious to hear in what ways you go about being a fan of pokémon these days :3

Personally, I mostly hang around PokéCommunity and do forum roleplaying, often involving pokémon trainers. Occasionally, I read a manga or watch anime episodes or play a challenge on one of the older main series games. I don't collect any kind of merchandise.

I like collecting cards (I have a nice Registeel *, that shiny one with a star after its name), and I enjoying collecting and re-reading my Ruby and Sapphire mangas.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I play games and I watch the anime (I didn't watch the black and white serie but I restarted when YX came out) The black and white tv series didn't got me at all :/

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I mainly play the games, but I do love to collect cards and merchandise. In fact, I love collecting merchandise so much that I have a collection of merch dedicated to my favourites. :D I also love to draw lots and lots of fan art.

I used to watch the anime, but I stopped in the middle of Diamond and Pearl. I also cannot get into the manga, no matter how many times I tried.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I'm more obsessed with the main series games. I stopped watching the anime about a month ago.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to watch anime, and was a huge follower during Advance Generation series; regardless of what it took, I always found a way to watch episodes that they would air each and every week. I've found this season to be pretty intriguing, due to all its events being unique and different from previous and, in general, how bright and dynamic characters were. If you ask me, not many other seasons could compare.

When Diamond & Pearl began, my interest started to dwindle a little, unfortunately, which caused me to not keep up as much. It was interesting, but something about it just didn't seem to click with me, exactly. Not sure what. After release of Black & White, I wound up stopping completely. Did view an episode or two every once in a while, but didn't focus on them too much, as I was doing work alongside.

Currently, I'm mainly trying to follow games, as I find them to be very fun. Some of their aspects do seem sort of repetitive--such as defeating Gym Leaders, evil origination, Elite Four, and eventually become Champion--but the feeling of adventure that they give is something worth acknowledging, I feel.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mainly the anime and the games these days! When I started watching Best Wishes because a friend managed to get me to try it out I didn't expect the anime to pretty much take over my life hahaha. I spend a lot of time doing anime related things including roleplaying Ash on Dreamwidth cries my life. I also sorta collect merchandise?? I know I've certainly been collecting more lately because I actually have the money to do so. But I'm not a super collector and want to collect all the things just... mainly favorites like Pikachu and such.

Years
Aside from the main games and the Adventures/Special manga (I'd try the others if I could actually find a way to read them), I've taken to watching the Black and White and X and Y anime on and off. I've also done a few RPs, though none on here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I also cannot get into the manga, no matter how many times I tried.
I'd recommend you too to try starting with the Hoenn saga now in ORAS times :3 It throws plot at you quite early compared to the more lighthearted and sporadic first Kanto saga (though the Yellow arcs is quite dark imo).

I've also done a few RPs, though none on here.
Come to the dark side 8) We have... uh... A halloween event, actually. Great place to start at.

/trying to lure them in

Years
I'm mostly into the games side of the Pokemon franchise, but if I had the money and space, I'd probably be big into the merchandise as well. As it is, I'll pick up the occasional thing like a shirt or a plush if I see it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to pick up a specific piece of merchandise. The opposite's true for the games though, as any Nintendo handheld that I've bought was done specifically with the Pokemon games in mind, and anything else was just an added bonus.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I usually played the main games, but I also have interest in Pokémon anime as well, currently I'm enjoying watching the X and Y series. I also managed to buy several Pokémon merchandise at some point.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I mostly play the games at the moment and watch the anime as a side things. I've wanted to read the Adventures manga more , but can never get any of the books and can't always pay for the volumes I need. Nevr read any other manga or any of the fanfics though. I really don't read fanfics for any fandom I'm part of. I like collecting the trading cards , but never really play the game. I just like buying parks for the pretty artwork on the cards. Hahaha. Every now and then I buy a few plushies or figures.

Years
I stopped watching the cartoon after the Diamond and Pearl arc. I couldn't really stand Dawn, and hearing "dodge it!" Being used as a move command was getting tiresome.

I have some manga (RBY arc completely, and G/S) I'm trying to find RSE, but my luck has been poor on that end.

I used to have a ton of toys, but now I'm down to figurines and Plushes, which take up like half my bed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I just play the games. I stopped collecting any side merchandise sometime in elementary school and I stopped watching the anime once misty left.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Games, definitely
My fave gba game was pokemon firered, and the music was awesome <3
And pokemon plat, distortion world is awesome , I loved how the place was upside down !!!
I love the story line of pkm mystery dungeon red rescue team
and I played pokemon emerald 4 times, sapphire 2 times !!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
Games, watching online Pokemon gamers, etc. I love it in all its forms, really.

Back