• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [WIP] ClassicMap - A Pokemon Red/Blue Level Editor

Pingouin_7

That, and it completely ruins my chances of ever finishing that small Blue hack I wanted to do.
Pokémap doesn't even have wild Pokémon data for all of the locations I want to edit.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Does anyone know how it could be edited so that it works with Yellow too, as-is? I'd be wiling to input all the numbers for trainers and maps etc. except I have no clue what I'd be doing...

This would be super, super useful for Yellow even if it's never finished.

Quick question, is Red on any map? I want to change which sprite he has, except I can't find him in the first place.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm using the program wrong, but when I edit the overworld sprite image for a person (ex. the fat guy below Oak's lab that talks about how technology these days is great), if the person is one that moves, the sprite image changes every few steps to random sprites. If I change Ash's mom's sprite, hers changes correctly and never changes to another sprite, because she never moves/walks.

Last edited:

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Does anyone know how it could be edited so that it works with Yellow too, as-is? I'd be wiling to input all the numbers for trainers and maps etc. except I have no clue what I'd be doing...

This would be super, super useful for Yellow even if it's never finished.

Quick question, is Red on any map? I want to change which sprite he has, except I can't find him in the first place.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm using the program wrong, but when I edit the overworld sprite image for a person (ex. the fat guy below Oak's lab that talks about how technology these days is great), if the person is one that moves, the sprite image changes every few steps to random sprites. If I change Ash's mom's sprite, hers changes correctly and never changes to another sprite, because she never moves/walks.

Really not sure of the cause of the bug. Yellow would just be a header check upon loading the ROM, storing what game it is, and then comparing games when it comes to using addresses. If you knew exactly where everything in Yellow was in terms where Red/Blue's data was stored, adding Yellow support would take at most like 5 minutes. As for that bug, I can't figure out what would cause it (let alone recreate it). Maybe someone else could.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Red is not available since it's hardcoded where he starts, which map, and which position he's in.

kringlur

Years
So there's no way to change what Red's sprite looks like at all? I want to change what he looks like, not his position.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
There isn't a way in this program, but I know there's a RBGY sprite editing program out there.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
OverWorlds are uncompressed, so they are really easily editable with any tile editor (for instance Tile Layer Pro).

kringlur

Years
Okay, thanks guys. Tile Layer Pro has a copy/paste function, which is what I was looking for in an overworld editor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2022
Hello, Im trying my best to find a list for trainer id and pokemon set and i cant to save my life!? Im trying to find prof oaks trainer id to use this program to make him a trainer.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 13, 2020
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but what file is the one I open, and how do I open it?

Back