• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Druddigon] VS Bouffalant

Druddigon or Bouffalant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I am usually fond of dragon pokemons and always stay away from pure normal types. Weird enough, I am kind of leaning toward Bouffalant here. Druddigon is cool, but I can find many other better dragon types that does his job (Haxorus).
As for Bouffalant, even though he didn't strike my design rating till 10, I am still impressed by his bulk, I find it quite useful. I remember using one, and it was quite good. It's against my instinct but....I'll vote for him, Bouffalant.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Didn't you have a Druddigon theme a couple months ago though :\?

Well yes, but it was kinda like Hikari10's assange themes. Having a theme of something you hate makes total sense imo ;;

Oh right, I also like Bouffalant because of Head Charge, like really, Druddigon doesn't get anything awesome like that. :x

Years

Well yes, but it was kinda like Hikari10's assange themes. Having a theme of something you hate makes total sense imo ;;

Oh right, I also like Bouffalant because of Head Charge, like really, Druddigon doesn't get anything awesome like that. :x

How funny you mention that infamous theme of mine, it actually got me sudden popularity in Other Trivia.

Back on topic, I like Bouffalant cos of its hard-hitting Head Charge not to mention it has useful abilities. Druddigon's Sheer Force was nice and I did get Sheer Force on my own Druddigon, sadly he had a hindering nature.

My Bouffalant has a neutral nature and she got Reckless for her ability, she did well but I often had to heal her cos of the increased recoil damage. At least Bouffalant can be good if trained right.

Nica, I'm on your side for this one.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Die, Druddigon, die! Fugly-ass dragon who's too slow for its own good and needs a facelift more than it needs a speed boost. Everything about it is just so bleh! It's honestly one of my least favourite Unova critters, so even if it was up against something like Maractus, it'd still lose in a heartbeat. But it does help that Boufflant at least looks cool - with its afro! - despite being a Tauros knock-off. Boufflant (and, well, anything else) >>>> Druddigon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
@ Above. Agreed. Afro Tauros, yo. Both lack speed, but if you compare the three non legendary Pokemon, ( Axew Family Line, Deino Family Line and Druddigon itself ), he puts himself to shame being the weakest at whatsoever level. Saddening to say this to all Druddigon fans, if you give Tauros the chance to be part of your team for the Elite Four standard, it's much better than Druddigon. I myself has beaten the game and that no good Dragon Type will just pull your team down.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I really don't like Druddigon's color scheme. Why is its head red while its body is blue(ish)? Maybe if it had a better color palette I would appreciate it more, but I'm going with Bouffalant for now. I love its afro lol. :)

Mentalii

Back
Years
Druddigon. At least it's pretty strong. However I regret it hasn't any evolution, pre-evolution. Its design is special, I don't really like the colour scheme. Well, but there is way worse in the 5th gen, so I won't criticize it too much.
And concerning Bouffalant, it's a pain to take down. Really. But, anyway it's not useful in all that concerns strategy and so on. Moreover, I was sure it was from the Tauros family, and really disappointed to know that actually it isn't... What a pity. This is what I blame in the 5G, the complete lack of pre-evolutions, evolutions of former Pokémon. Some of them really needed one.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Druddigon. I used it in my team in my first play of white so i think don't badly of it. It was the MVP in my match with Marshal and saved my team from being sweeped by his Mineshao. Bouffalant has a weird name, and iwas absolutey certain that Tauros evo'd into him like Luvdisc should have evo'd into Alomomola. Big letdown there.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
My vote would have to go to Druddigon. Though I'm not really a big fan of it, I like how it is different from other Pokemon similar to it, unlike how Bouffalant and Tauros are very similar. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of afro's either d.d

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd go for Afrobull since Druddigon is rather generic in general if you ask me and at the very least that afro is rather classy especially when on a bull and all lol.

Years
I think I can say that Druddigon has won the poll. :(

Guess the reason my team lost was due to the major preference for Dragons.

Well, I hope I'll win the next one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think I can say that Druddigon has won the poll. :(

Guess the reason my team lost was due to the major preference for Dragons.

Well, I hope I'll win the next one.

Sadly it basically has! I think in the future, when weekly polls are over, the person with the most "correct" votes (aka whatever wins) maybe should get an emblem or something. I mean it'd be pretty pointless, but it'd inspire people to vote who haven't voted for a while. Though that might inspire people to just vote with whatever's winning and not their choice. idk yet, I'll think about it.

Either way, unstickying since the unfortunate event has happened of CRIMGAN practically winning. New poll will be up soon THOUGH KEEP VOTING BECAUSE IT'S CLOSE AND THIS WEEK ISN'T YET OVER. n_n

Years
Sadly it basically has! I think in the future, when weekly polls are over, the person with the most "correct" votes (aka whatever wins) maybe should get an emblem or something. I mean it'd be pretty pointless, but it'd inspire people to vote who haven't voted for a while. Though that might inspire people to just vote with whatever's winning and not their choice. idk yet, I'll think about it.

Either way, unstickying since the unfortunate event has happened of CRIMGAN practically winning. New poll will be up soon THOUGH KEEP VOTING BECAUSE IT'S CLOSE AND THIS WEEK ISN'T YET OVER. n_n

Yes, an emblem would be a way to make it more interesting.

I really didn't like Druddigon winning, it looks ugly. Guess it was because of the whole Dragon over Normal thing.

Vandesdelca

The one who would seize glory
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 6, 2015
I like Boufallant better because he gets a cool exclusive move. Reckless and Sap Sipper are great abilities. I like Boufallant because he seems to have a better movepool than Drudiggen.

I also like Boufallant better because I have a soft spot for normal types.

Back