• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I'm going to hold my breath and wait patiently for the full, finished hack to be released to make the experience continuous and at its peak excitement. However, the fact that it's the first beta in ages is making me ecstatic; I'm very tempted to play Prism now!

Great job working through all of the obstacles you've faced during the creation of Prism to keep surprising us with all the new features and to give everyone a fun experience. I mean, adding in the 3rd and 4th generation of Pokemon in places, new items, the mini-games: so much hard work! I really hope this gets all the attention it deserves.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, well I think I will wait a day to get this, even though I could be helping to find glitches. I am kind of busy today :/. Anyways, I noticed something on Prism's website: In the list of credits, Coolboyman you forgot to add your own name as the producer! Its obvious to most people but still, lol fail!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
When I was playing Prism this morning, I got the biggest surprise I have ever had with a Pokémon game. When I was searching the button to make the boulder fall (the intro), a wild Shinx appeared. But... IT WAS SHINY! Because you don't have Pokéballs in that part, I couldn't catch it :(

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I finnaly found out why Botan has no Pokemon center, apparently, the people believe it is immoral and agianst Gods (don't they mean Arceus?) wishes to use machines to heal Pokemon, yeah, they're that paranoid or Pokemon Centers. Even one of the NPCs said "This city has to be Rijons strangest city, no other cities have to deal with the crap we get..." LOL, wonder why, no Pokemon Center thanks to weirdos (how does that make athiest trainers feel, and I'm christian), and the Haunted Forest, which has an apearance and music that make Pokemon Tower and the Old Chateau look like Happy Rainbow Land.......

The music is even eerier when you speed it up 10 times

Last edited:

Adammac

Linux user
Years
I can't find working rom. I tried about 20 gold roms, tilescreen is always broken and the game crashes after story. I'm using JIPS 3.0 for patching, and lastest Visual Boy Advance-M for linux as emulator. Can anyone send me working clean or pathed rom via PM or email? My email is [email protected]

EDIT: I used LunarIPS under wine and it's wor correctly now :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
really thanks CBM! I waited so long (years I think...)
But it's finally here.
Thank you so much.
(Another thing, sorry my bad english I'm Brazilian and a lot of people here in my country really likes your hack too)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I just fixed an error

Some of you may have noticed that you didn't have to fight the Yellow Pallet Patroller at all in order to leave (but one person messaged me saying he couldn't find her). This glitch is fixed now.

If you're already past Route 71 you can still go through Mound Cave with only collecting 4 dynamite if the Yellow Pallet Patroller isn't there..

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I've been waiting a long long time for this, *Cracks Hands*

Thank you for never giving up on any project and persisting at all you do, Coolboyman.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Just started playing and I have to say, the music where you start a new game is amazing, it was enough for me to stop playing and post that here haha

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Started playing a couple of hours ago. I think it's pretty epic how you temporarily get to play as a Larvitar, lol...

And wtf is up with the time? Every 5 seconds the time randomly changes in huge intervals. Like, from 5:26 to 9:03 to 3:07. It's kinda annoying when suddenly it turns night time, and then it goes back to morning 5 seconds later, and then it's night again.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Started playing a couple of hours ago. I think it's pretty epic how you temporarily get to play as a Larvitar, lol...

And wtf is up with the time? Every 5 seconds the time randomly changes in huge intervals. Like, from 5:26 to 9:03 to 3:07. It's kinda annoying when suddenly it turns night time, and then it goes back to morning 5 seconds later, and then it's night again.

Time's sped up so people doing a playthrough won't spend the entire game on day or night. IIRC Minutes are now seconds, Hours are now minutes, etc.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
I noticed a small tile glitch that happens when you cut a tree:

glitchytrees.png

But when the tree is not to the side and to the bottom of the cutting tree instead:

glitchytrees2.png

Just wanted to point that out, it's not a major glitch, but it's definetly one that needs fixed......

I know, it's like one second it's midday, then ten minutes later, BOOM! It's night!, about 20 entire "days" had passed by the time I reached the end of the beta......

Time's sped up so people doing a playthrough won't spend the entire game on day or night. IIRC Minutes are now seconds, Hours are now minutes, etc.

Oh, I never noticed your post, but that's cool that you turned real time to generic RPG time, never noticed, I thought it was a glitch or something.......

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Loving it, so far. Magikarp puzzle, Pachisi Board, and the forest were fun. And the prize for finishing the board game was mad kool, though it's expensive. :P Can't wait to see more!

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013

So is it normal that the day on my calender keeps changing every rapidly but it still hasn't been night time yet? It's been many Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and various other days but the game still says it's Aug 2nd.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I downloaded it and it isnt working, how ecxaclly do you play it?

Back